Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Claire and PF, I might know of some help for you. I watch The Rachel Ray Show everyone once in a while and yesterday (Tue., April 23) was one of those days. They had a segment called "Decoding Your Denim" and had three viewers expose their problems and found jeans that looked better than what each individual came in wearing. Might give you some info if you view the clip. I've never found good fitting jeans ever and have given up - I own one pair of jeans for when I really need them, then wear sweat pants around the house most of the time. I'll even go out in my one pair of "dress sweats" for the really cold winter days 'cuz my legs get so very cold in jeans.

I agree, it is so hard to find a pair of jeans that is just right!

You do have to spend a fair bit of time in the shop trying on numerous styles to find one that fits you like a glove

It is a pain to fit into jeans when you have to get the butt big enough and have a small waist too. I know, not the same problem, but also a problem. I found jeans at Llbean that fit me, and so anyone with the same problem can check there. I just think that women's jeans are hard to fit anyway. So many people I know have trouble finding jeans that fit. Where are all of the women that can wear the jeans we try on and can't fit? :wacko:

Eddie Bauer sells hipless, buttless jeans in tall, they also have a variety of other styles including curvy (smaller waist and bigger hips and bottom), along with petites and plus sizes.

Eddie Bauer sells hipless, buttless jeans in tall, they also have a variety of other styles including curvy (smaller waist and bigger hips and bottom), along with petites and plus sizes.

I'll have to try those again now that my shape has changed some. So far they didn't fit, but maybe now, or after I lose some more? Thanks for reminding me about them.

What boggles me is that when I am overweight and wearing larger sizes, the legs on jeans are usually the right length. I'm 5'4". When I'm at my right weight and wearing smaller sizes, the legs on all the jeans are too long. What's up with that?

I need no waist, all butt, no leg jeans...my actual inseam is about 26 inches. Good luck with that! I do not have any hip spread...

I'm 5'9", 33" inseam. Hubby is close to me in height (a bit shorter). He once put on a pair of my jeans and the hem was so long on him that he looked to be wearing clown clothes. We, up until my Year of Stress, have always been close in height/weight, but I am longer of limb, and the hip surgery actually gained me almost a half inch in height. In other words, at almost the same height, head to heel, I could always change lightbulbs he couldn't reach.

The jeans issue wouldn't even BE an issue if we didn't live somewhere with cold winters. My 2 pair of LL Bean flannel-lined will stay even though they're huge on me because I'll use them as soon as I'm physically capable of shovelling snow or walking any distance in sub-freezing weather (this will happen after a decent summer of leg-building work). But the jeans I wear to go out drinking/dining on Fridays, or for an occaisional lunch (why do I always misspell that word?) in Nov-Apr should be replaced. Which is why I'm not bothering until fall. For much of my life I lived in VA, HI, and FL and never even used jeans at all. But for now (spring is going to come, isn't it? Friday it snowed, and I don't just mean a light flurry!) and skirts, shorts, leggings will be enough.

I like the pockets in jeans. But, since it is so hard to get good, real pockets in ladies jeans, I think I'll do something I did for a few years. I wore a vest with lots of pockets. I do enjoy wearing skirts, especially in nice weather, but even if they have pockets, there are seldom more than two.

Well my taxes are finally done!

I owe a total of $8.00.

The CPA charged me $286.00 to find out that I owe $8.00! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I worked for the Mass. Tax Department at one time. So I have always been able to do my own. The college students here as part of their homework, have to volunteer to spend a certain number of hours doing taxes for the citizens for free. And that includes homeowners, small business owners, etc. The ones who are going to graduate this year do the more complicated ones. They usually get to do only two or even less in one day. The rest do the less complicated ones. There have been some graduates who come back each year to help. Great program. The sessions are usually held in local libraries. Copy machines, seats and plenty of table space available for free. :angel:

...or maybe, the CPA's expertise was responsible for the fact that you owe only $8.

In this case I am sure that you are 100% correct.

I get annoyed with the process.

When I send my $8.00 check to the state of New York it will probably cost them $100.00 to process it.

It just does not make any cents! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

In this case I am sure that you are 100% correct.

I get annoyed with the process.

When I send my $8.00 check to the state of New York it will probably cost them $100.00 to process it.

It just does not make any cents! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:wacko: If I am paying off a bill, and there is change under fifty cents, I don't pay the change. Over fifty cents, I pay it up to the next full dollar. Of course they don't send back the overpayment, but the will send a bill for the change I didn't pay. The postage cost more than the balance due. :angel:

:wacko: If I am paying off a bill, and there is change under fifty cents, I don't pay the change. Over fifty cents, I pay it up to the next full dollar. Of course they don't send back the overpayment, but the will send a bill for the change I didn't pay. The postage cost more than the balance due. :angel:

Why do you do this?

Back
Top Bottom