"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #231
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a class of 250. I can'r remember even one name. They just had a reunion last momth. I have never been to one. Have no interest. That was yesterday, I live in today. My least favorite place to travel to is Memory Lane.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #232
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
My Mother's graduating class meets several times a year and the entire class is still alive and kicking. Of course, her other classmate is her twin sister.
LOL. I live it!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #233
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
LOL. I live it!
Mom and my Aunt were the last graduating class of their school.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #234
Sous Chef

I do not want another day like today!!! Started out late for church. Later went to get a massage at mall. The Chinese guy who did my massage wasn't nearly as good as the guy I usually get. Went to my van, listened to the radio & ate a pretzel. Turned the ignition key & only got clicks. Called AAA & waited 30 minutes. Forgot to take phone off silent & missed 2 calls from AAA. Needed to go to school to get ready for a sub tomorrow but got to go to WalMart to get a new battery. Decided to get my oil changed while I'm there. WalMart has changed to Jiffy Lube instead of their own mechanics. It took 5 minutes just to get through the workorder process. He kept trying to sell me more services. That was just for the oil. I had to talk to someone else about the battery. I literally got the last battery that would fit my van. Of course it was the $100 one. Could have gotten one from AAA cheaper. Finally get everything installed & I think I'm about to get out of there when they tell me both license plate lights are out. Do I want to replace them so I don't get a ticket? They only cost $12 + tax each. Half of it is labor. Turned out they couldn't replace them because the internal clips were broken or missing & WalMart doesn't carry the clips. I have to call the dealer. I pay my $167 for an oil change & a battery & go back to my van. By this time I've lost any benefit from the $50 massage & I'm not in a very good mood. Reach my van only to find it unlocked with the window wide open after I made a point of saying I expect it to be locked whenever they aren't working on it. The only person who thought it was a problem was the girl who took my order but didn't do the work. Got to school. I was in the middle of printing some work for tomorrow when the printer decided to freeze. Took half an hour of fooling with it & finally giving up before it decided to work again. By then I had changed my plans. Got home to find the DVR was set for the wrong channel & I missed what I wanted to record. Can't watch online since school blocks ABC due to ads. Can't believe I'm wanting Monday to get here!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #235
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Oh man Cindercat, that does sound like a rotten day. I hope your Monday is better.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #236
Chef Extraordinaire

Cindercat, life has to get better. Hang in there.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #237
Assistant Cook

Location: I live right smack-dab in the middle of cajun country in South Louisiana.
Bought a new boat and took it out for the first time this weekend and it did not catch one darn fish - must be defective
Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #238
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy Breath View Post
Bought a new boat and took it out for the first time this weekend and it did not catch one darn fish - must be defective

You have to pay extra for the "attractive to fish" option.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #239
Assistant Cook

Location: I live right smack-dab in the middle of cajun country in South Louisiana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Well...that explains it then
Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #240
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Did he look at the bottom? Is there a big shark with its mouth open painted there?