"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #2401
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Okay, who has my hat?

Old 12-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #2402
Chef Extraordinaire

Here it is

Old 12-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #2403
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

LOL!!!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #2404
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Remember the little tin containers that used to hold about eight aspirins? You used to have to press the two corners on the top of the tin in order to open it. Well, I have one of those tins and I keep two Vicodin in it and it is always with me. The only trouble is I forget I have them and never think to take them. Even if I had taken just one of them yesterday, I would felt a little better. But I never thought of them.
I just had another thought: tell Poo and Spike that you carry some Vicodin with you but you forget about it. That way, if you're out together and you need it, they will hopefully remember that you have it.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #2405
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I just had another thought: tell Poo and Spike that you carry some Vicodin with you but you forget about it. That way, if you're out together and you need it, they will hopefully remember that you have it.
+1
GG has her thinking cap on today.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #2406
Chef Extraordinaire

I placed an order with my local pharmacy for some groceries and otc medications and vitamins. They arrived after about 2 hours. They sent me Bayer Aspirin Brand of low dose daily use ASA, instead of the AC&C (ASA=acetylsalicylic acid=Canadian for aspirin, codeine, and caffeine). Ack! I had gone over that item several times.

I phoned and told them. They said the delivery wouldn't be very soon and might not be 'til tomorrow. I said our headaches were today. Okay, not soon, maybe two hours. Two hours is okay.

I still had 4 Kodimagnyl from a packet I bought in Denmark. Same idea, but no caffeine. I had to take two. That headache I have had in the background for several hours jumped to full fledged, in your face, foreground headache. They better get it right this time. They better not send me the ones with acetaminophen instead of ASA. I made that clear. Because, the ones with acetaminophen don't work on me.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #2407
Chef Extraordinaire

TL, have you tried having a cup of coffee or tea to get the caffeine? Or keep one of those energy drinks on hand. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #2408
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
TL, have you tried having a cup of coffee or tea to get the caffeine? Or keep one of those energy drinks on hand. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you GG.

I had two double espresso allongés today. I don't think this is a caffeine withdrawal headache. I think it's illness related and got aggravated by the annoyance of not getting my pain relievers and the possibility that they wouldn't arrive until tomorrow.

They just arrived (while I was typing this reply) and they are the right ones. Yay!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #2409
Chef Extraordinaire

GG, I started thinking about the caffeine. It helps a lot of people with migraines. Now, my headache wasn't so bad that I would call it a migraine. Then I remembered that I was having a visual migraine, so maybe it was a migraine headache. I drank another allongé and it did the trick. The Kodimagnyl had dulled the headache to mild and the caffeine wiped away the rest of it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #2410
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Caffeine also increases the speed with which the pain medicine is absorbed and distributed. That's why it is in pain medications. So if you don't have the caffeine, it takes longer to get relief.