Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't you just go through this a few months ago????

Yuh. That inspection was for HUD. For the past two years HUD inspected my apartment and gave them a list of things that needed to be fixed. They wrote them up and never did them. That happened two years in a row. HUD came back for the third year and fined them a hefty fine for not doing the work. They had just two weeks to get it done or they would have a bigger fine. The work got done including the painting of the walls and ceilings. HUD came back and the work passed. There were only two apartments that HUD was interested. Mine and one where the woman is a hoarder. They were told to get her apartment cleaned out or they would go to court and get her evicted and placed in medical custody.

This inspection is the yearly one that is in the lease. Because they just did all the work, inspecting my apartment will be just cursory. HUD inspects about four apartments at random. They also inspect the mechanics of the building and the grounds. This inspection is for ALL apartments only. :angel:

I'm beginning to dislike UPS a lot.

I ordered something from Amazon, I have Prime with 2 day shipping. Amazon gets the package out very fast and gives me an estimate that it will be here Saturday 25th (today). Well shipping with UPS updated and told me that it would be here on friday, Yay early!

Well then there was a "late truck" on friday and it wasn't delivered. I figured that it would be delivered on saturday as originally planned since this is upgraded shipping and UPS delivers in my area on Saturdays. Guess what, it has been sitting at UPS since midnight and won't be here now until tuesday!

This was for a project, I have time to work on this project this weekend since I'm off, but that isn't going to happen!

Thanks for letting me vent!

I ordered something from Amazon, I have Prime with 2 day shipping. Amazon gets the package out very fast and gives me an estimate that it will be here Saturday 25th (today). Well shipping with UPS updated and told me that it would be here on friday, Yay early!

Well then there was a "late truck" on friday and it wasn't delivered. I figured that it would be delivered on saturday as originally planned since this is upgraded shipping and UPS delivers in my area on Saturdays. Guess what, it has been sitting at UPS since midnight and won't be here now until tuesday!

This was for a project, I have time to work on this project this weekend since I'm off, but that isn't going to happen!

Oh dear! I am glad I am not your UPS driver. :angel:

Oh geez .. well that's really rotten !!

I have had it happen too but not over a holiday weekend .. I feel bad for you :(

Did you have to pay for shipping? If so I wonder if you can get a refund on that.

It's also getting pretty annoying when something is to be shipped UPS or FedEx and at the end they drop it to the post office for delivery .. it seems to take a day longer and when you make plans around a delivery it's annoying.

Hope it arrives early Tuesday and in 1 piece !

Last edited:
is anybody besides me turned into a homicidal maniac hearing the kfc commercial, 'oh NO, i think i ate the BONES'---AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH--that mindless and maddening ad has me ready to kill something. i'll never eat kfc again--with bones, without bones--it don't matter. kfc is dead to me....

Oh crap. I've been so looking forward to watching Michael Douglas as Liberace in "Behind the Candelabra". And now we have a major storm and Directv is shot. Drat. Drat.

is anybody besides me turned into a homicidal maniac hearing the kfc commercial, 'oh NO, i think i ate the BONES'---AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH--that mindless and maddening ad has me ready to kill something. i'll never eat kfc again--with bones, without bones--it don't matter. kfc is dead to me....

I hope so. Live chicken is hard to eat. I think it's a stupid ad as well, but I just ignore it. The chicken is still good.

I saw two new K-mart commercials that I can't stand! One talks about "I shipped my pants" and the other is about "big gas." I think their play on words is terrible. Makes me not want to shop there.:glare:

I saw two new K-mart commercials that I can't stand! One talks about "I shipped my pants" and the other is about "big gas." I think their play on words is terrible. Makes me not want to shop there.:glare:

They went out of business here...no shopping at K-mart. They had their employees park next to the doors so folks would know the store was open.

Sears bought out Kmart, and we still have Kmarts around here. Stupid commercials. :mad:

Heh. Just went home around 11:30 a.m. to get and put on my back brace, got a call from the supervisor that she was on her way to meet me at one of my schools. So back I went. Nice 5 minute lunch.

Last edited:
Well, let's see...ready for a rant about the hospital where I had my knee surgery? You're going to get one anyway.

I'm still trying to get the hospital bill straightened out from my knee surgery in early November. Yes, over 6 months ago. Soon 7 months.

I've talked to so many people at the hospital, my head is about to explode and I now have a folder that is nearly an inch thick that contains the bill (incorrect), communications with the insurance company and pages and pages and pages of my detailed notes with the hospital personnel.

On April 16 I talked with a person who was supposed to "take care of" the mess. She assured me that she'd be right on top of it and communicate with the insurance company so everyone would be comparing apples to apples. Yeah, right!! I heard the words, hoped some of what she said would bear fruit, but.......

So, since it's been about 6 weeks, I thought that would be ample time to rectify things or at least have a good start at it, I called my insurance company this morning. They have heard nothing from the hospital. Nothing since some time in February. Nada, nothing, zero, zip, big goose egg!!!!!

I'm so angry I can't see straight. Real helpful hospital!!! NOT!! But when it comes to them wanting their money, they'll call you a few days after sending their bill (by the way, 5 months after the date of service) so they can set you up on a payment plan. I'm ready to hit people and break things.

I'm sick to death of this crap and, by Monday, I will have a plan.

Well, let's see...ready for a rant about the hospital where I had my knee surgery? You're going to get one anyway.

I'm still trying to get the hospital bill straightened out from my knee surgery in early November. Yes, over 6 months ago. Soon 7 months.

I've talked to so many people at the hospital, my head is about to explode and I now have a folder that is nearly an inch thick that contains the bill (incorrect), communications with the insurance company and pages and pages and pages of my detailed notes with the hospital personnel.

On April 16 I talked with a person who was supposed to "take care of" the mess. She assured me that she'd be right on top of it and communicate with the insurance company so everyone would be comparing apples to apples. Yeah, right!! I heard the words, hoped some of what she said would bear fruit, but.......

So, since it's been about 6 weeks, I thought that would be ample time to rectify things or at least have a good start at it, I called my insurance company this morning. They have heard nothing from the hospital. Nothing since some time in February. Nada, nothing, zero, zip, big goose egg!!!!!

I'm so angry I can't see straight. Real helpful hospital!!! NOT!! But when it comes to them wanting their money, they'll call you a few days after sending their bill (by the way, 5 months after the date of service) so they can set you up on a payment plan. I'm ready to hit people and break things.

I'm sick to death of this crap and, by Monday, I will have a plan.

You have an itemized bill from the hospital? This is beyond ridiculous for you. Sorry you are going through this Katie, hopefully your insurance company will stand up for you.

You have my deepest sympathies Katie. A few years back I went through insurance hell trying to straighten out an emergency visit bill for my...knee. What IS it with that body part? Anyway, the issue was with terminology in my case. The Emergency Room was not called that because the clinic was at a national park on federal ground. They call things differently in the gubmint. ;) Since the right name wasn't used the insurance company didn't want to pay. I ended up getting things cleared up and paid but it took me months and months and all kinds of "proof" including Google topo maps showing that where I was would have taken almost 3 hours to get to what they considered a hospital ER. As it was it took an hour to get to the NP clinic. But my case DID get paid by insurance. I'm sure if you beat on the right people it will work out for you too. :LOL: Good luck and keep us updated.

Hang in there Katie. You are much stronger than the hospital people who don't know their job and don't know the meaning of "follow through." :angel:

Back
Top Bottom