"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-31-2013, 04:59 AM   #2441
Chef Extraordinaire

I am on two blood thinners. As a result I am always cold in the winter. I have to have my apartment at 75ºF. Otherwise I am shivering. I realize that this temperature is high for a lot of folks. Spike included. So he shows up every night, and without my knowledge turns down the thermostat. I am going to kill that child of mine! I wake up and the temperature in my apartment has dropped to 69ºF. I am so cold I can't even get up to turn up the thermostat. Anyone want a 53 y.o. who can build or fix anything? He comes with a very cute Maltese.

Okay. Petty vent is over!

Old 12-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #2442
Master Chef

When my brother and his wife traveled they always had to get two motel rooms because of his snoring.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #2443
Head Chef

Addie----- my husband would come in from doing physical labor outside in the winter and turn the thermostat way down because 'it was too hot in here'. LOL
Old 12-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #2444
Head Chef

Words to be Banished from the Queen's English for Misuse.....

Words to be Banished from the Queen's English for Misuse, Overuse and General Uselessness

'Selfie' leads list of banished words for 2013

Michigan's Lake Superior State University.[...]consider pet peeves from everyday speech, as well as from the news, fields of education, technology, advertising, politics and more. A committee made a final cut in late December.

"Selfie" was first on the list.

Other words on this year's list include:

• Twerk/Twerking

• Hashtag

• Twittersphere

• Any word ending in -ageddon

• Obamacare

I'm a great fan of Edwin Newman, y'know.
Mr. Newman was right, y’know? | HoumaToday.com
Old 12-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #2445
Sous Chef

I just lost a tooth out of my partial. Why do these things always happen when there is no one open to fix them.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #2446
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
I just lost a tooth out of my partial. Why do these things always happen when there is no one open to fix them.
These things happen because the gods are bored and need something to do. The head god is named "Murphy!"
Old 12-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #2447
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
Words to be Banished from the Queen's English for Misuse, Overuse and General Uselessness

'Selfie' leads list of banished words for 2013

Michigan's Lake Superior State University.[...]consider pet peeves from everyday speech, as well as from the news, fields of education, technology, advertising, politics and more. A committee made a final cut in late December.

"Selfie" was first on the list.

Other words on this year's list include:

• Twerk/Twerking

• Hashtag

• Twittersphere

• Any word ending in -ageddon

• Obamacare

I'm a great fan of Edwin Newman, y'know.
Mr. Newman was right, y’know? | HoumaToday.com

I like this list .. could add a few more to it though!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #2448
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
When my brother and his wife traveled they always had to get two motel rooms because of his snoring.
We would do that but we're too cheap! ;-) Himself snores like a jet engine revving. When he had back surgery in 2001 I slept in the guest room until he healed, then went back to the king bed with him. In 2003 he broke his collarbone when he took a spill on his motorcycle. Back to the guest room until he healed again, then back to the king bed. The second time he broke his collarbone in 2005 (the other one to keep it even) I moved to the guest room...and never went back. I figured I had been sleeping best when alone. And honestly speaking, why bother staying in the bed together once one of you is asleep? ;-)
Old 12-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #2449
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post

We had a king size bed. Then we moved into this house. The movers could not get the mattress up through the stairwell so they "folded" my king size mattress

The end result was a trashed mattress ...
Oh I can relate! When we moved to MA we came with brand new Original Mattress Company king and double mattresses, wrapped fresh from the factory. They make the king size hinged specifically so if can be folded. Unfortunately the movers were up the stairs before I knew it was off the truck. We spent three years rolling towards each other until we broke down and bought a new one from up here.

We thought we had a year to file a damage report and were taking our time going over everything with a fine look. Turns out we had seven months. Found that out around month eight.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #2450
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

We would do that but we're too cheap! ;-) Himself snores like a jet engine revving. When he had back surgery in 2001 I slept in the guest room until he healed, then went back to the king bed with him. In 2003 he broke his collarbone when he took a spill on his motorcycle. Back to the guest room until he healed again, then back to the king bed. The second time he broke his collarbone in 2005 (the other one to keep it even) I moved to the guest room...and never went back. I figured I had been sleeping best when alone. And honestly speaking, why bother staying in the bed together once one of you is asleep? ;-)
I but those silicone ear plugs that swimmers use, regular ear plugs fall out of my ear, heck I can't even wear ear bud headphones. These ear plugs muffle the snoring enough so that I can sleep.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote