"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #2461
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
First thing after waking up I hear a "BANG", don't think much of it because I'm shaving with an electric razor, and the bathroom fan is on. Then I hear commotion and think "do the neighbors not realize that it is 6:30 am?" Look out the window and there is a Ford Expedition planted firmly in my car's backside, UGH!

We live in a townhome and have a parking lot. Our neighbor's son goes to a special school and his transportation was here to pick him up (it's a transportation company). As he was pulling out, his accelerator got stuck and he rammed my car.

I feel bad for anyone that drives for a living and has an accident. I guess that if his accelerator got stuck that it was better to happen here when there was nobody around than having it happen at the school as he was dropping off kids!

First fender bender and I wasn't even in the car!
Bummer! How badly was your car damaged?

Old 01-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #2462
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here nursing The Pirate. They sent him home with the Flu. He was so sick last night he didn't even care that the new season for Dowton Abby was on.

He is so sick. Has the chills really bad. I had the house up to 80 degrees and he was so cold. Couldn't get him bundled up enough, then it was too much. Wanted the fan on him. This is not going to be fun. All I want is patience!
Oh no! I'll wish you lots of patience. I hope The Pirate gets well soon.
and one for The Pirate

Old 01-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #2463
Executive Chef

Hope the Pirate gets well soon. It sounds as though he is much sicker than I am. Today I feel relatively well. I had an occasional elevated temp, but no chills. I made some chicken soup today, wish I could send some to him!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #2464
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Terrible bakechef! Glad it was the car and not you!

Addie, hope the Pirate feels better soon. The flu is really hitting hard this year! I'm hoping I miss the season at work while I am off.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #2465
Executive Chef

bakechef, i envy the compassion you have for a man who has just rammed your car. i am astounded at your ability to feel concern for the driver's job security before thinking of the sudden disruption to your own life, the inconvenience of having to deal with your vehicle, insurance adjusters, etc., etc. if i ever cause an accident with my car, i can only hope that it is with someone like you, who is level-headed, understanding and treats me with kindness--someone to put the event quietly to rest in a 'petty vents' thread....
Old 01-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #2466
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Bummer! How badly was your car damaged?
Looks like the taillight, rear quarter panel and rear bumper. That's if nothing internal is damaged.

It's a car, nothing fancy so I'm not too upset about it. As long as it gets fixed I'm OK with that. It does bug me to see it banged up, since I try to take good care of it!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #2467
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
bakechef, i envy the compassion you have for a man who has just rammed your car. i am astounded at your ability to feel concern for the driver's job security before thinking of the sudden disruption of your life, the inconveniences of having to deal with your vehicle, insurance adjusters, etc., etc. if i ever cause an accident with my car, i can only hope that it is with someone like you, who is level-headed, understanding and treats me with kindness--someone to put the event quietly to rest in a 'petty vents' thread....
+1, well said, Vit!

And Addie, sure hope the Pirate feels better soon, and that you don't get what he has!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #2468
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
bakechef, i envy the compassion you have for a man who has just rammed your car. i am astounded at your ability to feel concern for the driver's job security before thinking of the sudden disruption to your own life, the inconvenience of having to deal with your vehicle, insurance adjusters, etc., etc. if i ever cause an accident with my car, i can only hope that it is with someone like you, who is level-headed, understanding and treats me with kindness--someone to put the event quietly to rest in a 'petty vents' thread....
Thanks, yeah it's kind of a pain to deal with, but life happens, I can't see putting myself or him through more stress, it's just not healthy.

To me it's a car, an appliance. Yeah it's my second biggest possession after my house, but as long as I'm made whole I'm OK with that.

Now if the adjusters try to give me issues, I WILL cause them stress Luckily my neighbor sells insurance and one of my best friends is a former adjuster, so I won't be completely in the dark.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #2469
Head Chef

@Bakechef

"I feel bad for anyone that drives for a living and has an accident. I guess that if his accelerator got stuck that it was better to happen here when there was nobody around than having it happen at the school as he was dropping off kids!"

That is such a kind attitude to have! Some people, probably even myself, would have cussed first----- THEN thought what you did.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #2470
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

In hindsight, I should have run out the front door holding my neck, It might have lightened up the mood!