Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I don't know if this is petty or major, but I'm irritated that my blood count is low again, for no apparent reason, so I have to go to the hospital for a transfusion. Sucks. On the bright side, I'll take my tablet and extension cord so I'll have plenty to read and watch. So I won't be cooking tonight :LOL: See you later. I have to pack.

I had been rushed to the hospital and was just there overnight for observation. Or so they told me. Said I could go home the next day. I was adamant about making them keep their word. The doctor wanted me to stay longer than the regular checkout time so I could receive a pint of blood. Nope. I am going home! The next day I found myself back in the ambulance and had to stay overnight again so that I could receive TWO pints of blood. Lesson learned. :angel:

... I was NOT feeling well. So a quick trip to the doc and holy crap .. I have walking pneumonia :( In addition to that COPD is rearing its ugly head....:

Wow, nasty! (((hugs))) :flowers: Glad they figured out what you have and you get back to normal - or what passes for normal in your own little world! (Normal here is half-crazy anyway :stuart: ) This is nature's way of telling you to relax! Trashy novel or chick-flick time for you. ;)

Well, I don't know if this is petty or major, but I'm irritated that my blood count is low again, for no apparent reason, so I have to go to the hospital for a transfusion. Sucks. On the bright side, I'll take my tablet and extension cord so I'll have plenty to read and watch. So I won't be cooking tonight :LOL: See you later. I have to pack.

Good Lord GG! I'd put this one in the major vents thread, so you're a real trooper. Hang in there! I'm sure you'll be back in the kitchen cooking before...the doctor things you should. ;)

Thanks, Z and CG :) I'm doing okay so far. With luck, I'll be home tomorrow in time to go to my weekly dinner out with friends, so I won't have to cook till Thursday :)

Urrrgh. 82 degrees in the appartment and the cat thinks it's cuddle time. I tried telling him he could only cuddle if he brought me an ice pack but he just looked at me in that typical condescending way that only a cat can manage. I'm pretty sure he was calling me stupid and telling me to shut up.

Urrrgh. 82 degrees in the appartment and the cat thinks it's cuddle time. I tried telling him he could only cuddle if he brought me an ice pack but he just looked at me in that typical condescending way that only a cat can manage. I'm pretty sure he was calling me stupid and telling me to shut up.

Same problem here. Latté considers it my problem that there is only a thin sheet instead of a quilt to protect my skin from her sharp, loving ministrations. And why the heck is that fan blowing in her face? So she pokes me full of holes and then leaves in a huff.

Well, the top button on my iPhone quit working. I can deal with that. I called the LOCAL number for the LOCAL Verizon store to see if I could get it fixed LOCALLY and got the whole menu of runarounds. After a half hour of this, and after stating to the autoserve that I wanted to talk to the LOCAL store rep, I was sent to Arizona and talked to a nice man with a heavy accent. He was able to patch me through to the LOCAL store, and was able to get a rep, who told me she would put me on hold for 2 minutes. 45 minutes later, she reappeared, apologized, looked up my account, and told me there was nothing they could do since I didn't get the insurance, unless I bought a new phone at full price.

Thankfully I'm eligible for an upgrade in August. What a PITA. You can't even call the LOCAL store directly and talk to a real person. Grrrrr.

To get to the LOCAL retail store, Google "Verizon and the city/state" where it's located. It will pop up with phone number, address and driving directions.

To get to the LOCAL retail store, Google "Verizon and the city/state" where it's located. It will pop up with phone number, address and driving directions.

Same number, for everything. It's the only number for here. And I know where it is, I just wanted to find out if they could repair it here in town without having to bring it in and get told "no".

I miss the good ol' days when you could talk to a real person....

Same number, for everything. It's the only number for here. And I know where it is, I just wanted to find out if they could repair it here in town without having to bring it in and get told "no".

I miss the good ol' days when you could talk to a real person....

That's unfortunate. When I Googled 'Verizon nashua nh' I got three different store locations with different phone numbers within the Nashua area code.

I hear ya Dawg! That is why I refuse to learn to text. I like the sound of the human voice. My daughter texted me just once. When she called me and asked why I didn't answer, I just kept silent. She got the idea. You can't convey the same tone of your message when you just push buttons. :angel:

That's unfortunate. When I Googled 'Verizon nashua nh' I got three different store locations with different phone numbers within the Nashua area code.

We used to have a couple of Verizon stores here, now down to one, and they don't answer their own phone. :mad:

I wouldn't expect good service from a business that doesn't answer its phone.

In my mind, it's not only inconvenient for customers, but what happens if it's an emergency for a store employee, and someone who works at the store needs to be contacted? They'll have to talk to Arizona, then be routed back to the store.

They're very nice in person. I'll have to ask them for a workaround the next time I'm in the store.

Many thanks to the well wishes that came upon me .. I am doing much better now.

My petty vent is the prednisone.

It tossed me back a few years and re-introduced me to hot flashes and mood swings and that's a re-introduction I really did not need !

It is subsiding now and I only have 2 more days of single tab each day but I think my DH and dogs are still a bit gun shy LOL

It tossed me back a few years and re-introduced me to hot flashes and mood swings and that's a re-introduction I really did not need !

It is subsiding now and I only have 2 more days of single tab each day but I think my DH and dogs are still a bit gun shy LOL

I had a SIL that had Lupus. She was on Prednisone for most of her adult life. I saw the hell she went through. I have Psoriasis and anytime I have gone to a new dermatologist, the first thing they do is give me a blood test for Lupus. It always comes back Positive. They then want to schedule more tests. No Way! I have seen what she went through and as far as I am concerned the results of the blood tests are a False Positive. I have no desire to go through the tortures of hell. And other than the blood test, I have no other symptoms of Lupus.

I was given Prednisone eye drops when I had the cataract surgery. Fortunately it was only for one week. So I can sympathize with not only you but your family as well. :angel:

That is a tough one to be on. Glad you are almost finished. ;)

Back
Top Bottom