"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #2571
Chef Extraordinaire

I have to agree. Inform the police. He may already have a record for this kind of behavior. The report will certainly put him on their radar. And if they do talk to him, it will put him on notice. Just the fact that he wanted you to meet him in the middle of the night is not good. He sounds dangerous.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #2572
Executive Chef

If the security camera at the gate recorded what he said, that could be used as proof, unless the HOA had the tape destroyed. It doesn't sound like they are on your side, Cat.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #2573
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I would also let the police know what the HOA President had to say about the incident, accusing you of flirting with guard.
Yes----- it comes under the heading of "blaming the victim" which why many women don't report rapes.

The gate guard, while perhaps being 'just':
1. A male chauvinist pig
2. A jackass
3. A numbskull
4. A closet gay
5. A person with at least one small appendage

---should not be allowed to keep doing that. That type of behavior often escalates into something a lot more criminal, like rape!

HOA is complicit in his behavior and should be reported!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #2574
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here watching the European Skating Championships vs. the Pats vs the Broncos. It doesn't look good right now for NE. But we still have three minutes left. Never say never! The skating on my TV, the game on my computer monitor.

The Pirate made dinner for both of us. Last night I had to use up the eight Italian sausages so I put them in a couple of jars of doctored pasta sauce and cooked them for a while. They were without a doubt the worst Italian sausages I have ever had. Absolutely no flavor. They were the house brand of DeMoula's. Next time it will be Johnsonville. Lesson learned.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #2575
Master Chef

I'm unable watch the 49er game due to bad tv reception at work. At least I'll be able to catch the 4th quarter when I get home. I did watch the Bronco/Patriots game though...
Old 01-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #2576
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here watching the European Skating Championships vs. the Pats vs the Broncos. It doesn't look good right now for NE. But we still have three minutes left. Never say never! The skating on my TV, the game on my computer monitor.

The Pirate made dinner for both of us. Last night I had to use up the eight Italian sausages so I put them in a couple of jars of doctored pasta sauce and cooked them for a while. They were without a doubt the worst Italian sausages I have ever had. Absolutely no flavor. They were the house brand of DeMoula's. Next time it will be Johnsonville. Lesson learned.
I find that unless you really want them in the casings, it's just easier to make your own Italian sausage - just stir some seasonings into some ground pork, let it sit in the fridge overnight to let the flavours marry, and there you go. Of course you need a decent recipe for what seasonings. Then you tweak it and take notes.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #2577
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...They were without a doubt the worst Italian sausages I have ever had. Absolutely no flavor. They were the house brand of DeMoula's. Next time it will be Johnsonville. Lesson learned.
I buy few DeMoulas/Market Basket products because I have been disappointed too often. I used some Kayem Italian sausages for my last batch of Sunday Ragu and I was pleased with their taste. I had been using The brand Costco carries but they sometimes have an off flavor.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #2578
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
On the gate guard, it obviously looks to me like some over jealous wives are pointing their fingers at you. Best thing is to simply drive through without any idle chit chat.
There's no reason to believe his wife is involved at all. A man who will treat a woman like that will certainly lie and try to blame her. And men who harass women don't usually harass just one; it's possible there's a pattern and neither Cat nor anyone else should be expected to put up with it.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #2579
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
There's no reason to believe his wife is involved at all. A man who will treat a woman like that will certainly lie and try to blame her. And men who harass women don't usually harass just one; it's possible there's a pattern and neither Cat nor anyone else should be expected to put up with it.
+1!!
Old 01-20-2014, 02:19 AM   #2580
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm not talking about his wife.
Who brought this to the HOA's attention in the first place?
That's the angle I'm looking at....just a different perspective, that's all.