"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-20-2014, 02:29 AM   #2581
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Cat made a complaint to the HOA about the guard, the first salvo in any complaint. She did not get satisfaction, but instead was accused by the HOA of flirting with a married man.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #2582
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Cat made a complaint to the HOA about the guard, the first salvo in any complaint. She did not get satisfaction, but instead was accused by the HOA of flirting with a married man.
Yes, that's how I understood it.

I hope Cat takes it further----- but carefully enough that she doesn't get in trouble with the HOA for doing that. I've seen this type of thing before---where there's blow back to the actual victim.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #2583
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks for making that clear. Now I get it, and I agree that she took the right steps in reporting these incidents. It's too bad the HOA believed the guard's side of the story, whatever that may have been.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #2584
Master Chef

Cat, we're all hoping this gets resolved in your favor. And I hope that at the very least, the guard gets fired. Such men as him give men in general a bad name. Too many times, a person is in a bad situation, caused by some individual, and then identifies all people of the same race, or same gender the same as that individual.

Cat, I'm so happy you aren't one of those kind of people. I, and from what it looks like, the DC community supports you.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #2585
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I buy few DeMoulas/Market Basket products because I have been disappointed too often. I used some Kayem Italian sausages for my last batch of Sunday Ragu and I was pleased with their taste. I had been using The brand Costco carries but they sometimes have an off flavor.
Kayem is a great brand. They are just two minutes over the bridge from me. I wish they had an inhouse store. I love their natural casing hot dogs. In fact I love them too much. I have to buy them at the deli instead of by the box. I just can't stop eating them.

They have a kosher side of their plant. You have to be Jewish to work on that side. Their new plant is only about five years old and beautiful inside as well as outside.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #2586
Master Chef

Dear Canada: Could you please take your Biebs back? We have far too many home-grown idiots of our own to be putting up with your guy too. Thank you.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:55 PM   #2587
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Dear Canada: Could you please take your Biebs back? We have far too many home-grown idiots of our own to be putting up with your guy too. Thank you.
ROFL!!!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:08 AM   #2588
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
My thoughts exactly. It was mentioned on the news that this offense could be cause for him to be deported back home. One can pray real hard.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #2589
Master Chef

I feel sorry for the kid, I think his 15 minutes of fame is about up.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #2590
Executive Chef

I think fame and fortune came too fast and easy for him, and like many others his age, he thinks he's invinceable. He needs a good hard smack!