"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #251
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Chopper that is very sweet. I would love to have a cup of tea with you, too. The woman I have to speak to is off until Monday and I really don't want to start all over again so I am leaving it until then. She is actually very good (Estates department back east) - it is the people in the two branches involved that keep messing it up. I know that it will be all over soon, it is just so hard be strong when I don't feel it.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #252
Sous Chef

Blech. Last night we had to the keep the cat inside and away from food so he could get neutered today. He meowed at the top of his lungs all night, jumped in the window, knocked my flowerpots off and shattered them, attacked any leg he could get a hold of. I left for work this morning while my husband kept him in the bathroom, called later and my MIL said that we had a visitor that day and the cat got out before the lady coming to pick him up and take him could get him..... so it's now rescheduled for next Friday :/

Old 10-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #253
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
Blech. Last night we had to the keep the cat inside and away from food so he could get neutered today. He meowed at the top of his lungs all night, jumped in the window, knocked my flowerpots off and shattered them, attacked any leg he could get a hold of. I left for work this morning while my husband kept him in the bathroom, called later and my MIL said that we had a visitor that day and the cat got out before the lady coming to pick him up and take him could get him..... so it's now rescheduled for next Friday :/
Next Thursady night, put him in a cat carrier and leave him there until pickup. Feed him early in the afternoon.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #254
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
What a nightmare! Hope it goes better next time.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #255
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
The last few times I have had a cat neutered, the vet just kept the cat in a cage overnight. Much easier on everyone and much more sure that the cat hasn't found any food to eat.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #256
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
The last few times I have had a cat neutered, the vet just kept the cat in a cage overnight. Much easier on everyone and much more sure that the cat hasn't found any food to eat.
I'm going to check into that.

I don't know for certain but I have a strong suspicion that my MIL is the one who let him out accidently and is scared of saying so. I asked my child and he said "Gran did it." It's ok, she helps me out tremendously in other ways, could have happened to anyone... that cat was on a mission!!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #257
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Next Thursady night, put him in a cat carrier and leave him there until pickup. Feed him early in the afternoon.
I put a fan on in my room, cranked it up to block out any meowing and didn't hear my alarm going off this morning.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #258
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
What a nightmare! Hope it goes better next time.
Ty!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #259
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
Sounds bad Merlot...I cant believe you have to wait even longer now
Old 10-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #260
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I just got back from an ophthalmologist appointment. Why didn't they tell me I was going to get those pupil dilating drops? It's in the 'burbs. They know that almost all of their patients drive to the appointment.

I went to a nearby bar and had an espresso while waiting for the drops to wear off. Just when I thought it would be safe to drive, the sun came out, which makes it worse. So, I went across the street and had a coffee and a doughnut at Tim Horton's, while I read my book. Then I went for a walk and finally decided that it was safe to drive the less than 3 km to the pharmacy to get my eye drops for glaucoma and then home. I'm still seeing a bit of halo around bright light.

I will have to remember to ask before any other visits to the ophthalmologist. I have some tests and a follow up visit in 2 months.