Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there a cheaper alternative? If this is for asthma, you can't count all the available meds.

It's for his COPD and is still proprietary as a combination medication. One ingredient is still not a generic. I don't have any pricing info on it. I think as little as he uses it he could just go back to albuterol which is much cheaper.

Rx costs are a killer. I have a small party when a med goes generic. Last party - Lipitor. Cost $300+, Atrovastatin cost $3.

Rx costs are a killer. I have a small party when a med goes generic. Last party - Lipitor. Cost $300+, Atrovastatin cost $3.

Me too, then they changed me to Crestor...no generic and I am not tolerating it like I was able the Lipitor...the cardiologist won't change it back.

Most of Shrek's medications are "free" when he is not in the donut hole and minimal when he is in...but this one is a paycheck killer.

Me too, then they changed me to Crestor...no generic and I am not tolerating it like I was able the Lipitor...the cardiologist won't change it back.

Most of Shrek's medications are "free" when he is not in the donut hole and minimal when he is in...but this one is a paycheck killer.

There is a good reason he won't put you back on Lipitor. There is a class action suit against it at present. They have found that it can make a patient develop diabetes when they are put on it. I would imagine, that if it can create the diabetes, it can also make it worse over time if you already have it. Great for the heart, lousy for diabetes.

I have one medication for psoriasis that cost $503 for one tube. When I get down to where I can squeeze no more out, I cut the tube open and get the very last drop. Even though I don't have to pay for it, I am very much aware of how much it cost. It blows my mind. No generic available at this time. I forget how long before a med is allowed to go generic. I am so grateful I don't have to pay for any of my meds. Not even a co-pay. :angel:

There is a good reason he won't put you back on Lipitor. There is a class action suit against it at present. They have found that it can make a patient develop diabetes when they are put on it. I would imagine, that if it can create the diabetes, it can also make it worse over time if you already have it. Great for the heart, lousy for diabetes. :angel:

Actually, as a class, most statins have been found to be a risk factor for developing diabetes type 2. My beef with the statins is they cause me muscle pain and weakness, Lipitor causes me less pain and weakness than the Crestor. I have not heard of a class action against Lipitor and I read Medical news daily.

Actually, as a class, most statins have been found to be a risk factor for developing diabetes type 2. My beef with the statins is they cause me muscle pain and weakness, Lipitor causes me less pain and weakness than the Crestor. I have not heard of a class action against Lipitor and I read Medical news daily.

I did a Google search for "lipitor class action lawsuit diabetes." There are lots of general results for various law firm or class member recruiting websites, but when you restrict the search results to news sites only, there are zero results. Makes me think there's a lot of scamming going on.

And of course, medications always involve a cost-benefit analysis.

Last edited:
We lucked out, Shrek got a phone call from the mail-order pharmacy...they HADN'T shipped yet, the notification e-mail was for something else. (I never saw the e-mail, just got Shrek's version) Anyway, they called to see if he really wanted it and he was able to cancel the order. I will help Shrek compose an e-mail to his doc asking him to change the order to as needed, one inhaler at a time...not a 3 month supply.

And the shave biopsy done on his arm turned out to be benign. Okay, I can start breathing again.

Good news! Yea.

I've been lucky. Lipitor has not caused me any aches and pains or weakness. I was on Zocor until my HA. The cardiologist switched me over.

Good news! Yea.

I've been lucky. Lipitor has not caused me any aches and pains or weakness. I was on Zocor until my HA. The cardiologist switched me over.

When I started on Lipitor it was at a lower dose, but then we got to the highest dose and I was starting to feel it, but it was managable with tylenol. Started the crestor and I've done nothing but complain, finally had to switch to an opioid for pain relief. When I separated my shoulder, if that's not evidence of muscle weakness then I'm crazy, that was the last straw and I went off the Crestor. The pain, over the course of a week, disappeared and I could move my arms without pain.

She switched me to just twice a week on the Crestor...the pain isn't as severe as it was, now I only hurt 4 days a week instead of 7. And I hate taking the narcotic.

When I started on Lipitor it was at a lower dose, but then we got to the highest dose and I was starting to feel it, but it was managable with tylenol. Started the crestor and I've done nothing but complain, finally had to switch to an opioid for pain relief. When I separated my shoulder, if that's not evidence of muscle weakness then I'm crazy, that was the last straw and I went off the Crestor. The pain, over the course of a week, disappeared and I could move my arms without pain.

She switched me to just twice a week on the Crestor...the pain isn't as severe as it was, now I only hurt 4 days a week instead of 7. And I hate taking the narcotic.

That really sucks.

Very good and welcome news about Shrek's biopsy !!!

We can all use one less thing to worry about !

We lucked out, Shrek got a phone call from the mail-order pharmacy...they HADN'T shipped yet, the notification e-mail was for something else. (I never saw the e-mail, just got Shrek's version) Anyway, they called to see if he really wanted it and he was able to cancel the order. I will help Shrek compose an e-mail to his doc asking him to change the order to as needed, one inhaler at a time...not a 3 month supply.

And the shave biopsy done on his arm turned out to be benign. Okay, I can start breathing again.
w00t! and woohoo!

Good news! Yea.

Very good and welcome news about Shrek's biopsy !!!

We can all use one less thing to worry about !

w00t! and woohoo!

So happy for your good news!

Great news, PF & Shrek!

Thanks, folks...it was really eating at me. The skin cancer part...the meds, while tough, that we can get through. I would just cut his guitar allowance.

Walmart a couple of months ago had those 'glow in the dark' keyboards for 2@$5.00. So he bought six of them. $15.00 total. They are all right to have on hand for "just in case." I am on my third one. I told Spike to take my credit card and head over to Cambridge and Micro Center and get me a good one, because at the rate these glowing ones are going, they are wearing out too fast. (And they do not glow in the dark.) I really didn't expect anything better with them. Even the mouse that comes with the board, wears out real quick. $2.50 for one board and mouse? I's getting my money's worth out of them. But the bad news is that my monitor is also on the way out. So I will have to get a new one soon. And that is not a cheapie! I honestly think the problem is that it gets overheated as I don't turn my 'puter off as often as I should. Right now it is not acting up. Will see what happens. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom