Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leaf Blowers. :mad: You're right GG. And it seems like every danged homeowner but us has a lawn tractor big enough to cut a freakin' football field...and our lots are 1/2 acre AND heavily wooded. The guy across the street has a huge mower and fires it up every Saturday before 9:00 AM - whether the grass is growing or not. A few (jerks) clear-cut their lots, but many of us left what the builder didn't cut. Bless Himself and his crabbing about doing housework, he still walks behind our self-propelled mower.

Hate running errands on a Saturday. It's chilly so I got up before sunrise to make a raw apple cake and throw a pork roast in the crock. Spent 3 hours looking for an au gratin recipe that isn't gooey gloppy and overdone. I am on an au gratin mission... Oops, I digress. Anyhow, my hubby created a list of errands for me. I want to read, cook, drink coffee and lounge in my housecoat. Now, I need to to dress, do my hair/makeup and hit the road. (2 vehicles, but neither my stepson or my wheelchair bound hubby drive anymore...) Since retiring, I shop on Tuesdays when we go out of town for hubby's medical visits; he was sick so we didn't go. Today, I planned to be totally lazy and worthless. Rats! I know I need to vacuum ( a daily constant with 23 house cats), but I've already cleaned counters and did dishes. Why can't I be totally worthless and lazy today? Whine!!!

Leaf Blowers. :mad: You're right GG. And it seems like every danged homeowner but us has a lawn tractor big enough to cut a freakin' football field...and our lots are 1/2 acre AND heavily wooded. The guy across the street has a huge mower and fires it up every Saturday before 9:00 AM - whether the grass is growing or not. A few (jerks) clear-cut their lots, but many of us left what the builder didn't cut. Bless Himself and his crabbing about doing housework, he still walks behind our self-propelled mower.

:LOL: One of our neighbors started leaf blowing his lawn at 7:00 am on a Sunday. Needless to say, he got the wrath of Dawg! I scared the crap out of him, which was as it should be.

I have grass growing right outside my big window. Our maintenance workers start work at 7 a.m. They used to start up the large rider mower as soon as they arrived in the morning. That came to a quick halt! :angel:

Maintenance at the facility were told they weren't allowed to start mowing until after breakfast was done. Folks in the dining rooms could not hear each other talk.

They mow once a week here, when I was working nights they hired a new company. I had to call and ask them to pick a day and time. I can sleep through anything if it's expected. Heck, Shrek's alarm clock doesn't even wake me up, because I know it's not for me.

It's very frustrating that my 2 y/o niece has figured out how to lie but isn't quite developed enough to understand what constitutes a lie and why she shouldn't tell them. It makes it much more difficult to teach her not to do it.

Last edited:
CG I feel your pain. We were so grateful when the two yappy little monsters next door moved away. This summer has been blissfully quiet!

My petty vent - wild rose thorns. OW! Had to pull some twigs out of Murray's bloomers and got a couple stuck in me. Those little beasties are hard to get out.

IF I suddenly disappear from here it's because I bought a gun and shot my neighbor. :furious: I wish the dogs would train their owner to let them in when they bark...:mad:

:( I understand EXACTLY how you feel.

We have a neighbor who started out with zero kids and 1 very well behaved dog.

Over the past 2 years the kids have moved back home and each brought a dog.

So in this house are living 7 people and 6 dogs. :ohmy:

Only 1 dog is well behaved, the others - including the people - are out of control !

I hate that we can't open our windows at times because of the dogs barking. And when they really get to going my 2 begin barking - the big difference is that when I tell my 2 No Barking they know to stop.

I feel your frustration CG.

Maybe calls to your local police will help. It really doesn't matter what time of day or night it is, if it is excessive they will approach it as a noise complaint.

We did that and it did help for a while. You just have to keep complaining.

Maybe calls to your local police will help. It really doesn't matter what time of day or night it is, if it is excessive they will approach it as a noise complaint.

We did that and it did help for a while. You just have to keep complaining.

Oh My MrsL, I'll have to stop complaining about our neighbors! I'll have to stop and think about how badly YOU have it. Trust me, in the Bad Neighbors contest you win. Well in this case, a win is a loss...:(

We've called the cops, the animal control officer, and given them a copy of the town bylaw that prohibits excessive barking past 20 minutes. So has the even more put-out neighbor on the other side. (I say more put-out since the little yapper tends to hang out on their corner of their house and that is where their bedroom is. The big woof-woof doesn't get as close to our house and we don't have windows facing the side so we aren't as directly in the line of noise. The neighbors (mostly she) don't talk to us unless they have something to yell at us about. Another call to the cops will make our life TOTAL misery here. I'll wait till our moving van is ready to pull away and THEN...:bash:

Last edited:
CG?

Could it be you and I have the exact neighbor?
Same thing goes on here. They let the kids scream on end. Dogs yap day & night. How they love to out yell each other. They've been getting the idea lately that when I slam my front window loudly I'm telling them to basically shut up! Rude I know. Mature it isn't. The way I see it if I have to hear you your going to hear me. They've been gradually toning it down some.

Even our sons get annoyed at all the noise from that place. One has been getting even. He idles his big ol' Diesel truck in the driveway a little longer than he normally would. It's parked right next to their bedroom window.

GOOOOOOOD MORNINGGGGGG SUNSHINE'SSSSSS it's 6AM!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::angel:

Have a nice day.

Munky.

GOOOOOOOD MORNINGGGGGG SUNSHINE'SSSSSS it's 6AM!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::angel:

Have a nice day.

Munky.

ROFL !!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

DH and I were talking this morning that we wish there was a way we could remotely ring their doorbell. Those dogs all go nuts when their doorbell rings. We would remotely ring it around ... oh .. say ... 2am, 3 am, 4 am etc. Don't have a big ole diesel to annoy them with ... got to come up with something !!!

Gee, I can't stand it when Patron sits next to me and whines, I have to pick him up and make it stop! Living next to dogs that barked all the time, I would go postal.

ROFL !!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

DH and I were talking this morning that we wish there was a way we could remotely ring their doorbell. Those dogs all go nuts when their doorbell rings. We would remotely ring it around ... oh .. say ... 2am, 3 am, 4 am etc. Don't have a big ole diesel to annoy them with ... got to come up with something !!!
I have an older Dodge 3000 diesel that I won't need until we pull our boat out of the water at the end of October. Ohio isn't that far.....it needs a good warm up in the morning.....about 15 min. It smokes like crazy for about the first 30 minutes.......would it do?

CG?

Could it be you and I have the exact neighbor?
Same thing goes on here. They let the kids scream on end. Dogs yap day & night. How they love to out yell each other....

Even our sons get annoyed at all the noise from that place. One has been getting even. He idles his big ol' Diesel truck in the driveway a little longer than he normally would. It's parked right next to their bedroom window...
Not the same neighbors..."my" Mom has kids better behaved than she is. Plus her husband doesn't get much of a chance to yell back, if you get my drift...

AND this neighbor used to have TWO diesel big box trucks that he would park in front - the one closer to our driveway was the one that worked, the other was broken down. They were parked in such a way and our houses are on a bit of a curve so that both Himself and I darn near got T-boned a couple of times just trying to get out of our driveway. Then the nice neighbor across the street noticed that the broken truck didn't have a plate...called the police :whistling ...truck was removed...:w00t2:

Can't think of a way to rig their doorbell, but would a speaker hidden in their bushes help? You could always use a wireless one and play the sound of a doorbell ringing via remote. Don't know exactly what you would need to do to make it work, but I bet it could be done. I've been sorely tempted to put a large speaker off the back corner of the house that's activated by sound - every time the dogs back the Ohio State Fight Song blasts away in the direction of their house! :LOL: *sigh* Sometime just thinking these things makes me a little happier. :)

I have an older Dodge 3000 diesel that I won't need until we pull our boat out of the water at the end of October. Ohio isn't that far.....it needs a good warm up in the morning.....about 15 min. It smokes like crazy for about the first 30 minutes.......would it do?

LOL Yeah that would help - expecially the smoking part !!!

Only problem is they are diagonal across my back yard. Let me check with the people who are next door to them LOL

Can't think of a way to rig their doorbell, but would a speaker hidden in their bushes help? You could always use a wireless one and play the sound of a doorbell ringing via remote. Don't know exactly what you would need to do to make it work, but I bet it could be done. I've been sorely tempted to put a large speaker off the back corner of the house that's activated by sound - every time the dogs back the Ohio State Fight Song blasts away in the direction of their house! :LOL: *sigh* Sometime just thinking these things makes me a little happier. :)

Hmmm ... maybe a canon blast !!!

Reminds me of a few summers ago when we had to put a walkie talkie inside the bird feeder.

The squirrels kept getting into it and eating all the bird food.

We would fill the feeder and halfway through filling it we would put in a walkie talkie, then finish filling it.

We would wait until they were happily munching away then yell into the walkie talkie .. OMG now THAT'S the way you make a squirrel run :LOL::ROFLMAO:

And did you know that squirrels can actually scream :LOL::LOL:

Hmmm ... maybe a canon blast !!!

Reminds me of a few summers ago when we had to put a walkie talkie inside the bird feeder.

We would fill the feeder and halfway through filling it we would put in a walkie talkie, then finish filling it.

We would wait until they were happily munching away then yell into the walkie talkie .. OMG now THAT'S the way you make a squirrel run :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Okay, officially on the floor... that is hysterical!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I really want to try that! Although I think one of our squirrels is brain damaged, and that would be really mean...

Insurance Co's. GAH!!!!!!!!:mad:

We just found out after all these years thisclose to retirement. That we have a week to provide a copy of our marriage certificate,birth certificates to our existing health insurance company.IF we still want to keep our insurance. Are they stuck on stupid? They've never asked before.

They can't even provide decent, timely authorization for home medical equipment. I declined it as a precaution of the out of pocket money I'd have to pay.
I'm now thinking of cancelling it all. Better off seeking out a vet. They don't require insurance yet. You know what they say. Good enough for my dog. Good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom