Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the nice words about our less than neighborly neighbors. I'll think of all your positive comments as I secure the hell out of what is left! AND since Himself was so nice he has the pleasure of splitting the full logs in the back. THAT will teach him to be generous again - the braniac guy hates physical labor. :LOL:

Well this morning I went out to see what the new insurance exchanges look like and do some shopping, the website doesn't function properly, I called the help line and listened to hold information for 20 minutes, a nice young lady explained that the website is not functioning properly and I should check ever hour or so to see if it is working. I'm not surprised, I'm sort of disappointed. :ermm::ohmy::unhappy:

Well this morning I went out to see what the new insurance exchanges look like and do some shopping, the website doesn't function properly, I called the help line and listened to hold information for 20 minutes, a nice young lady explained that the website is not functioning properly and I should check ever hour or so to see if it is working. I'm not surprised, I'm sort of disappointed. :ermm::ohmy::unhappy:

^^^ Same here, the California website has been bogged with heavy traffic. Totally useless and a waste of my time. I will attempt to enroll in the middle of the night.
Okay, what are you guys talking about? Is it something to do with the new health insurance in the US?

Okay, what are you guys talking about? Is it something to do with the new health insurance in the US?

Yes. The new health insurance exchanges, or marketplaces, opened for enrollment today. The website is supposed to allow people to view the options and costs in their states and enroll.

The new law is designed to cover people who don't already have health insurance through another source, such as a job or another government program like Medicare or the Veterans Administration.

We have insurance through DH's job, so I won't bog down the sites by looking out of curiosity ;)

Last edited:

Yes, the websites for the new ObamaCare Health Insurance.

The New York site has had several million hits and is down, very frustrating.

I'm hoping I can check it out at 3 or 4 am. I need to try and figure it out before the re-enrollment period is up for my current insurance plan.

I hate change! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Well, at least I was able to get in and create an account with password and all....something which normally takes like 2 minutes took me close to an hour to accomplish as each page took several minutes to load. I'll fill out the application in the middle of the night.

stinkbug_285.jpg

Stink Bugs !!!

They are soooooooo bad here already.
I can't stand these things and they are everywhere. :(

I saw one on my oregano today and wondered what it was.
Three of our zucchini plants were infested with them. Hate the darned things. If you look under the leaves, you will see little amber beads. These are the eggs. Get rid of them and squish the bugs the best you can.

Three of our zucchini plants were infested with them. Hate the darned things. If you look under the leaves, you will see little amber beads. These are the eggs. Get rid of them and squish the bugs the best you can.

They got on my tomatoes last year. You can also spray with insecticidal soap and it might help to plant alliums (onions and garlic) and marigolds nearby as they produce substances that many pests don't like.

Aargh, my phone hopped in the toilet. It's sitting in a plastic container of uncooked rice, in an attempt to dry it. :ohmy: :mad: At least it was before I sat down.

Does anyone know if brown rice works of if I should dash out and buy some white rice?

Aargh, my phone hopped in the toilet. It's sitting in a plastic container of uncooked rice, in an attempt to dry it. :ohmy: :mad: At least it was before I sat down.

Does anyone know if brown rice works of if I should dash out and buy some white rice?

This makes sense: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/tips/4269047

Any rice should work. Did you take the battery out?

I knew there was a reason I always save those antidessicant packets.

Bummer! I don't know for sure, but I would think it would work the same. They're both dry so they would absorb the moisture.

Back
Top Bottom