Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thank you all three for your kindness! One of the reasons for which I am proud to be an American is to pay the taxes so that others who are less fortunate may have food in their plates.

She was simply mistaken, and it is sad for her. Thank you for your understanding of this.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, you are very wise. Not many people would have realized, as you wrote, "She must be a very unhappy person."

I am not sure of the wise and of the restraint of me, but there is not another explanation of the woman who did this. Only unhappy people do things of this.

I should take a lesson of her. The next time I am in a hurry at the Walmart, I will force myself ahead of people and say, "I am sorry, but I am an undercover superhero and if I must wait too long, this city shall be overtaken by zombies."

:LOL:

With love,
~Cat

She said, "We have enough immigrants sucking the life out of this country. My advice to you is to go back home and stop this crap."

I was mad at this. She had a food stamp card inside her hand and I know of these. I put out my credit card and told her, "I am paying of this for my things. I think you are mistaken."

She just sat there and did not say of this. I saw she was angry with me.

Not all immigrants have benefits of these. I have never had of this. She must be a very unhappy person.

With love,
~Cat
Cat, this people are everywhere. Here there are people who have problems with people of the South of THEIR country.
Dante said: "Non ragioniam di loro, ma guarda e passa" (Not care about them, but look and go on).

Cat, you are a good person, but I am upset that even after you helped pack the bags in the cart this woman was still very rude to you. I could say more about her, but I will keep my mouth shut. A woman who works at WalMart told me that if a customer comes to a "20 items or less" register with their cart overflowing, they are not permitted to turn them away. Once the customers know this, they will go to that register. Of course, if there are no customers in that line, the cashier can call a customer over instead of letting them stand in a long line.

I just received an email from Prevention magazine. "Walk Off Your Belly by Nov 16!" My first thought was "They've never seen MY belly." I clicked and opened the email. It was a special offer...a booklet about walking, a pedometer, and a trial offer to Prevention Magazine. What? I highly doubt that any of these items would even be in my mailbox before Nov 16!!!

I am forever finding Shrek's cane everywhere but where he is. If he needs it so much...why is he so often without it?

He needs a mitten string for his cane! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:LOL: When I am sitting outside at the hospital waiting for my ride to show up, I see folks by the dozens who have canes, walking and not even using them. Just carrying them like it was just a stick in their hand. It becomes a security crutch for them. A "just in case' attitude. Many of them have a slight limp. Otherwise they walk just fine. I have even seen some of them running. But you already know that PF. And then there are those like me who will not use one. After I got out of that wheelchair six years ago, I treasure the fact that I can walk. Even run. :angel:

:LOL: When I am sitting outside at the hospital waiting for my ride to show up, I see folks by the dozens who have canes, walking and not even using them. Just carrying them like it was just a stick in their hand. It becomes a security crutch for them. A "just in case' attitude. Many of them have a slight limp. Otherwise they walk just fine. I have even seen some of them running. But you already know that PF. And then there are those like me who will not use one. After I got out of that wheelchair six years ago, I treasure the fact that I can walk. Even run. :angel:

I have a friend that uses a cane and when he gets preoccupied he tends to forget and leave his cane behind. When he realizes it's missing he panics and gets flustered that he is going to fall. One of his daughters got him a black lanyard with a Velcro snap that hooks to his belt loop and to the cane. Now he doesn't forget it and if it drops to the floor he can retrieve it without help.

Sort of like a bikers chain wallet for Seniors, BORN TO BE WILD! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
I was at the Walmart today to look of dishes. I found very pretty melamine dishes for ordinary use! I selected enough for four for which to start, and I selected an autumn tablecloth. Then I selected a set of pumpkin salt and pepper shakers and a nice set of Farberware stainless steel cookware. I then found pretty chargers of red, green, and gold. I selected some basic utensils and I got some groceries.

I was in a line of a register, the larger register, when a cashier of the speedy register of 20 items or less called and gestured for me to go to her. I told her, "I have much more than twenty items here." She said it was not much more, and to come to her register. I started to go there when a woman pushed in the front of me with a very heavily burdened cart. She was very large and very mean. She said to me, "You can wait. I am in a hurry."

I could see of this cashier was very upset of this, but she had to give her service. I feel so very sorry of the cashier. This mean woman made the cashier put the bags back to the cart. I went around the woman and put the bags back to the cart as the cashier packed these. The cashier thanked me for this, and I said she was welcome as we did this. The mean woman said to me where I was from. I said, "I am from Romania."

She said, "We have enough immigrants sucking the life out of this country. My advice to you is to go back home and stop this crap."

I was mad at this. She had a food stamp card inside her hand and I know of these. I put out my credit card and told her, "I am paying of this for my things. I think you are mistaken."

She just sat there and did not say of this. I saw she was angry with me.

Not all immigrants have benefits of these. I have never had of this. She must be a very unhappy person.

With love,
~Cat

I wouldn't worry too much about it Cat. It happens everywhere. We live in a relatively small city, a very "white" city. Very few visible minorities live here. Mrs D has a very distinctive Black Forest accent and gets the same "comments" directed to her occasionally. It's probably why she really doesn't like it here. She says it's the weather......I know better.

I have a friend that uses a cane and when he gets preoccupied he tends to forget and leave his cane behind. When he realizes it's missing he panics and gets flustered that he is going to fall. One of his daughters got him a black lanyard with a Velcro snap that hooks to his belt loop and to the cane. Now he doesn't forget it and if it drops to the floor he can retrieve it without help.

Sort of like a bikers chain wallet for Seniors, BORN TO BE WILD! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'd swipe his cane if it wasn't too tall for me. He has some nice ones. We are now looking into a 4 wheel walker with a seat for Shrek.

I'd swipe his cane if it wasn't too tall for me. He has some nice ones. We are now looking into a 4 wheel walker with a seat for Shrek.

My Brother has one and he does well with it. He has more confidence about going places because he knows he can sit down and rest if he needs to. The downside is all the junk he carries in the compartment under the seat, he's worse than an old lady with a gigantic handbag! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

That's what I'm hoping, that Shrek will get some confidence and go mall-walking with me. He can stop anytime and watch me lap him several times. He really needs to get up and get moving.

I'm starting to have nightmares, first one was about three weeks ago. Last night had another, took Shrek almost two minutes to wake me up out of it. He said I was screaming and talking gibberish. All I remember was I was locked in a library and everyone else was dead. Then I saw that one person on a floor lower was alive and I was yelling for help. About then I felt something touch my back and started screaming. Then I woke up.

I'm starting to have nightmares, first one was about three weeks ago. Last night had another, took Shrek almost two minutes to wake me up out of it. He said I was screaming and talking gibberish. All I remember was I was locked in a library and everyone else was dead. Then I saw that one person on a floor lower was alive and I was yelling for help. About then I felt something touch my back and started screaming. Then I woke up.

Stress!

I found this Simply Being Guided Meditation app helpful when I was under a lot of stress: iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Apps | Meditation Oasis

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom