"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #281
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I had a braun and it was the best one that I have ever owned, gave it to a friend. My cuisinart works fine, but that braun was tough!
I really liked my Braun, but I like my Cuisinart even better.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #282
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix

It was 25. It owed me nothing, but I loved that thing! It was a Braun. I'll go shop for a new one now.
Just remember, the next one you buy will not last that long! They don't make anything that lasts 25 years anymore (except maybe a marriage and half of you would argue that one).
__________________

__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #283
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
I have a Kitchenaid hand blender that I love.
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #284
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Once again I am reminded of the Samuel Clemens quote, "The trouble with common sense is that it isn't nearly common enough."
Touche!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #285
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I just blew up my hand blender! Sparks, flame, smoke! I'm sad! This was the very first kitchen appliance I ever had! That and a coffee grinder. WAAAAAAA!

How many sticks of dynamite did it take?

Truly sorry, Alix! It stinks to lose something you've had for so long.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #286
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Just remember, the next one you buy will not last that long! They don't make anything that lasts 25 years anymore (except maybe a marriage and half of you would argue that one).
I KNOW! They don't build 'em to last anymore. Phooey. I won't argue the marriage thing either. Mine's 19 and counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
How many sticks of dynamite did it take?

Truly sorry, Alix! It stinks to lose something you've had for so long.
Smart ass. Thanks PF. I loved that thing. I bet I used it at least once or twice a week for SOMETHING.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #287
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix

I KNOW! They don't build 'em to last anymore. Phooey. I won't argue the marriage thing either. Mine's 19 and counting.

Smart ass. Thanks PF. I loved that thing. I bet I used it at least once or twice a week for SOMETHING.
My marriage is 32 and counting. :)
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #288
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
When will I learn not to do big grocery shopping? I should limit big shopping to once a month. I pooped myself out again. Too tired to make supper. Did it again today.

I live in the 'burbs, so it's always a trip in the car to buy groceries. Since I am in the car, I want to make it "worth the trip". It was easier when I lived in town and did almost all my grocery shopping on foot. Stores were near by and I could dash out and get stuff for "today". I should just do that with the car. It costs more to order out than it would cost in extra gas for more, shorter trips.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #289
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
When will I learn not to do big grocery shopping? I should limit big shopping to once a month. I pooped myself out again. Too tired to make supper. Did it again today.

I live in the 'burbs, so it's always a trip in the car to buy groceries. Since I am in the car, I want to make it "worth the trip". It was easier when I lived in town and did almost all my grocery shopping on foot. Stores were near by and I could dash out and get stuff for "today". I should just do that with the car. It costs more to order out than it would cost in extra gas for more, shorter trips.
With today's gas prices, you have to make a choice.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #290
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
With today's gas prices, you have to make a choice.
Even if I figure the car is getting poor mileage on a short trip (most of my grocery shopping trips are less than 5 km. Even with expensive gas, that's less than $3 for the gas. Brilliant taxlady, I saved a $3 trip and spent $35 for delivery supper.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.