Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cat, you can almost completely eliminate this sort of encounter if you acquire an handicap hangtag for your dashboard rear view mirror. In our state, all that is required to get one is a note from the doctor (in this case DA's doctor) stating that she needs handicap assistance. The note is then taken to the county department of motor vehicles to the office that handles car registrations and they will issue the tag.

The tags have expiration dates in our state but they are good for several years before they have to be renewed and our state does not charge for them.

This then allows us to park in the handicap-designated spaces, as long as the tag is put on the rear view mirror on the dash.

We prefer the hangtag over a license plate because we can move it from one of our vehicles to the other, depending on which one we are driving.

Cat I have a handicap placard and it hangs from the rear view mirror. It can be used in any vehicle I am traveling in. I don't drive, so I keep it in Spikes car. He drives me everywhere. A handicap placard or whatever each state uses, is recognized in all 50 states and throughout Canada. All you need is a letter from her doctors office on their letterhead and fill out the application. Call the RMV in your state and they will mail the application to you. Explain who it is for and why. When I traveled to California, Tennessee and Georgia for several trips, I took it with me. The RMV will automatically mail a new one just prior to when your present one is due to expire. DA may have to go to have her picture taken.

In this state it is unlawful for anyone to use my placard if I am not in the car. My SIL got caught one time and a policeman asked to see me in person. When he couldn't produce me coming from a store, the officer confiscated my placard and notified RMV. If my daughter hadn't been an employee of the RMV, I could have been in big trouble and lost my placard for one year.

I don't know about the state you live in, but here in Mass, your car can be towed if you park in a handicap place with no placard or other system your state may use. And you have to make a court appearance and pay a substantial fine.

Get on this today. You may want to travel with your parents and DA during their visit to show them the sites. Or I will sell you to the gypsies. :angel:

I had to wear my wrist brace for about a week and a half. Wrist was fine for about a week, and now I need the brace again. This is really annoying. I was going to make supper, but everything I came up with has too much stirring. It also makes washing dishes (some don't fit in the dishwasher) by hand really annoying. I either have to be careful not to get the brace wet or take it off and be really careful how I move my hand. I'm getting tired of this.

My sympathy TL. I use to do data entry as a Temp worker. I always carried my wrist brace with me to any job they sent me to. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is no picnic. I had two braces, depending on the job I was going to be doing. If it was numeric, I wore the right hand one. But if I was going to be doing a lot of typing, I used the left hand one. It seemed that my left hand always has been the weak one. Even when I play the piano.

With the type of work you do, you really do need to protect that wrist. :angel:

My cat acts timid around me, he runs when I get up or enter a room. When I'm sitting down he rubs all over my feet and then plops down on them. I've had him since he was a kitten, for a few years it was just the two of us.

Now Rob is his favorite person, he lays on his lap all evening and follows him around. I think that the reason is that Rob is the one giving him treats.

Funny thing, as much as I am snubbed by the cat and as timid as he acts (I have no idea why), if there is bacon on my plate he becomes my best friend. While sitting at the table he will put his front paws on my leg and I can hand feed him bacon. He's a weird cat! Oh and don't give him any fatty pieces, you must pull off the meaty parts and feed him that.

My daughter has a cat that very rarely comes down from the third floor. Her litter box and food are up there. And when she hears anyone coming up, she runs and hides.

My daughter had a black circular rug that was in front of the couch. The cat would jump up on the arm of the couch from the side, but when she looked down at the round black rug, she thought it was a big hole and was too terrified to jump down. She would start howling. You would have to go over and pick her up and put her on the wooden floor. Then she would flee back upstairs for another six months or so. :angel:

My sympathy TL. I use to do data entry as a Temp worker. I always carried my wrist brace with me to any job they sent me to. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is no picnic. I had two braces, depending on the job I was going to be doing. If it was numeric, I wore the right hand one. But if I was going to be doing a lot of typing, I used the left hand one. It seemed that my left hand always has been the weak one. Even when I play the piano.

With the type of work you do, you really do need to protect that wrist. :angel:
Yup, I don't wait until it really hurts. I put the brace on at the first twinge. I'm thinking I should get a second brace to leave in the car. This round started when I was away from home.

Having a handicap placard will not stop people from making comments unless you LOOK handicapped. If you don't look handicapped, they will tell you that! They seem to be jealous because you get to park closer to the store. People want to park as close as they can to a store. Then they go to the gym and run on the treadmill for exercise.

Last edited:
Yup, I don't wait until it really hurts. I put the brace on at the first twinge. I'm thinking I should get a second brace to leave in the car. This round started when I was away from home.

Good idea. Turning the steering, taking packages from the car, using the door handle to open the door, etc. All movements that put stress on your hand and wrist. :angel:

I'm reminded of something I saw on TV. It was about a young man who had both legs amputated at around the knee. He was an avid skier. Someone asked him how he always got a parking spot close to the entrance. "oh, I park in the handicapped spot." People were horrified. They didn't realize he was a double amputee. He had great fun with that comment.

Cat, you can almost completely eliminate this sort of encounter if you acquire an handicap hangtag for your dashboard rear view mirror. In our state, all that is required to get one is a note from the doctor (in this case DA's doctor) stating that she needs handicap assistance. The note is then taken to the county department of motor vehicles to the office that handles car registrations and they will issue the tag.

The tags have expiration dates in our state but they are good for several years before they have to be renewed and our state does not charge for them.

This then allows us to park in the handicap-designated spaces, as long as the tag is put on the rear view mirror on the dash.

We prefer the hangtag over a license plate because we can move it from one of our vehicles to the other, depending on which one we are driving.

Yes, I have the card that I hang on the stem of the rearview mirror to indicate there is a handicapped person in Joy. I don't have the handicap license tag for Joy is registered to only me, and I'm not handicapped. DA's doctor gave her this card many years ago for use in Gwen's car or anyone else's car in which she is riding.

When I am alone in Joy, I put the card in my driver's side door pocket. I never use this for me! I like to run anyway!

When I first began driving my Joy, I put DA out at home because she had become tired and I was to finish the errands. I forgot and left the card on the mirror stem. I parked very far away from the store, and as I got out, a very nice lady said, "Honey, there's handicapped spaces up there for you."

Oh dear! I was so very embarrassed! I thanked her, and explained that the card was for my DA and not for me. I learned to never forget to put it away again! Nice people might think I could hurt myself.

But that man was mean. I'd never use the card for myself. It's very illegal and it's morally and ethically wrong to do so.

Even with the motorized scooters DA sometimes uses, she gets very tired. She's 95 years old. If I'd lived that long, I'd be tired also.

With love,
~Cat

Having a handicap placard will not stop people from making comments unless you LOOK handicapped. If you don't look handicapped, they will tell you that! They seem to be jealous because you get to park closer to the store. People want to park as close as they can to a store. Then they go to the gym and run on the treadmill for exercise.

Yes, thank you! I like to run. I run with my dog and also ride my bike with her. I love to really move myself and get all my pipes and plumbing cleared.

With love,
~Cat

Yes, I have the card that I hang on the stem of the rearview mirror to indicate there is a handicapped person in Joy. I don't have the handicap license tag for Joy is registered to only me, and I'm not handicapped. DA's doctor gave her this card many years ago for use in Gwen's car or anyone else's car in which she is riding.

When I am alone in Joy, I put the card in my driver's side door pocket. I never use this for me! I like to run anyway!

When I first began driving my Joy, I put DA out at home because she had become tired and I was to finish the errands. I forgot and left the card on the mirror stem. I parked very far away from the store, and as I got out, a very nice lady said, "Honey, there's handicapped spaces up there for you."

Oh dear! I was so very embarrassed! I thanked her, and explained that the card was for my DA and not for me. I learned to never forget to put it away again! Nice people might think I could hurt myself.

But that man was mean. I'd never use the card for myself. It's very illegal and it's morally and ethically wrong to do so.

Even with the motorized scooters DA sometimes uses, she gets very tired. She's 95 years old. If I'd lived that long, I'd be tired also.

With love,
~Cat

Good! Now I won't have to sell you to the gypsies. With this economy, the price went down. I would have lost money. :angel:

Yes, thank you! I like to run. I run with my dog and also ride my bike with her. I love to really move myself and get all my pipes and plumbing cleared.

With love,
~Cat

It's very healthy to do that, Cat. DA was probably the same way when she was young and that's why she still going strong at 95! Bless her.

Good! Now I won't have to sell you to the gypsies. With this economy, the price went down. I would have lost money. :angel:

No, no, no! Papa's a businessman. I know these things. This is what we'll do. I'll pay you to broker a deal to send me to Katie H. She's her hubby's gypsy girl, remember?

So. She shall pay to you a "finder's fee," such as in real estate. She pays you to take me.

In four days, she will be so very fed up with me that she will pay both you and me to be gone, and I'll go back to DA.

It's very simple, and we all win. You and I make money, and Katie is able to keep her sanity.

Capitalism is wonderful, yes? God bless America!:LOL:

With love,
~Cat

No, no, no! Papa's a businessman. I know these things. This is what we'll do. I'll pay you to broker a deal to send me to Katie H. She's her hubby's gypsy girl, remember?

So. She shall pay to you a "finder's fee," such as in real estate. She pays you to take me.

In four days, she will be so very fed up with me that she will pay both you and me to be gone, and I'll go back to DA.

It's very simple, and we all win. You and I make money, and Katie is able to keep her sanity.

With love,
~Cat

:ROFLMAO: Cat I just love you. You are an absolute delight. A treasure to this forum. :angel:

It's very healthy to do that, Cat. DA was probably the same way when she was young and that's why she still going strong at 95! Bless her.

Yes she was! You knew this? You know I'm adopted, yes? So I couldn't have anything of her in myself.

Did Mamma tell you this? DA was very athletic. She was a great swimmer, runner, and a wonderful tennis player. She loved to play volleyball, basketball, and softball also.

This is exactly right, CarolPa. And thank you for blessing her. I think to God, "Bless her," many times each day.

With love,
~Cat

Yes she was! You knew this? You know I'm adopted, yes? So I couldn't have anything of her in myself.

Did Mamma tell you this? DA was very athletic. She was a great swimmer, runner, and a wonderful tennis player. She loved to play volleyball, basketball, and softball also.

This is exactly right, CarolPa. And thank you for blessing her. I think to God, "Bless her," many times each day.

With love,
~Cat

Not all characteristics are genetic. Many are taught, including physical habits.

With love,
~Cat

Sounds like a plan, Cat. We'll be glad to have you. We have many acres so we should be able to spare a few for Addie.

I raised 8 children, which means it may take you a lot longer than 4 days to help me lose my sanity.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Let the games begin!:LOL:

Sounds like a plan, Cat. We'll be glad to have you. We have many acres so we should be able to spare a few for Addie.

I raised 8 children, which means it may take you a lot longer than 4 days to help me lose my sanity.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Let the games begin!:LOL:

Yes! And remember, I'll bring my own trash can. I'll bring Addie with me also!

You'll be giving up on me after 6 days.

With love,
~Cat

Not all characteristics are genetic. Many are taught, including physical habits.

I've heard this. It's perhaps how I was raised. I always love to be outdoors. Mamma and I rode our bikes together very much and we like sports.

I'm not mad at that man any more. I suppose he was very mistaken about my motive for parking there.

I think this is a lesson, yes? That I must not judge people, either. Like he, if I were to judge someone, I could be very wrong.

This is a good lesson for me.

With love,
~Cat

I've heard this. It's perhaps how I was raised. I always love to be outdoors. Mamma and I rode our bikes together very much and we like sports.

I'm not mad at that man any more. I suppose he was very mistaken about my motive for parking there.

I think this is a lesson, yes? That I must not judge people, either. Like he, if I were to judge someone, I could be very wrong.

This is a good lesson for me.

With love,
~Cat

That's a good way to look at the situation. Take a negative and turn it into a positive :)

With love,
~Cat

Yes, Cat, I knew you were adopted, but it slipped my mind.

Back
Top Bottom