"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #291
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Even if I figure the car is getting poor mileage on a short trip (most of my grocery shopping trips are less than 5 km. Even with expensive gas, that's less than $3 for the gas. Brilliant taxlady, I saved a $3 trip and spent $35 for delivery supper.
I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself. Sounds like something I would do.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #292
Head Chef

This may be addressed elsewhere, but just want to express my disappointment in the revelations about Lance Armstrong's bicycling downfall. What a waste of his talents and energy all this time. So sad that he felt he had to resort to cheating and apparently took lots of others along with him. Phooey. I was joking about it yesterday, but on reflection don't think there's much funny about it.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #293
Master Chef

My legs have been hurting all day but I didn't think much of it. A few minutes ago I went to put my PJ's on and noticed they are swollen, almost twice the normal size.
My calves mostly. Wonder what brought this on !?
My legs have been swollen before but never this bad.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #294
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
This may be addressed elsewhere, but just want to express my disappointment in the revelations about Lance Armstrong's bicycling downfall. What a waste of his talents and energy all this time. So sad that he felt he had to resort to cheating and apparently took lots of others along with him. Phooey. I was joking about it yesterday, but on reflection don't think there's much funny about it.
What the news doesn't tell you is that his "team" is also banned from competitive cycling. They have lost their souce of income. His sponsors spent a lot of money on him. They too now have a black eye. And donations for his Foundation has dropped considerably. He had to step down because of the black name his presence was giving it. The ripple effect just keeps growing.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #295
Certified Pretend Chef

The use of PEDs in professional sports used to anger and surprise me. Now it just saddens me. My assumption is, I would not be surprised by any athlete's being caught using them - bar none.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #296
Everymom

My shoulder hurts, and because it hurts I've been moving my arm differently and lifting things oddly. Now my elbow hurts too. CRAP!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #297
Master Chef

I changed the sheets on my bed this morning and couldn't find the matching pillowcases! I usually fold them and put them between the folded bottom sheet and folded top sheet so I have the set all together but I don't know where they went. So I had to go into my spare pillow cases and find ones that won't look too awful with my new quilt.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #298
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
My legs have been hurting all day but I didn't think much of it. A few minutes ago I went to put my PJ's on and noticed they are swollen, almost twice the normal size.
You need to put your feet up and rest if this keeps up call you doctor, you might need som lasix to remove fluids I have this at times but dialysis helps get rid of it. Don't just put up with it get some help.
kades (ma)
Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #299
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Have you been eating more salt than usual. Sounds like water retention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
You need to put your feet up and rest if this keeps up call you doctor, you might need som lasix to remove fluids I have this at times but dialysis helps get rid of it. Don't just put up with it get some help.
kades (ma)
Putting feet up sounds like good advice. Black tea (like English Breakfast Tea) is a natural diuretic. There are a bunch of foods that are. I'm sure you would find some you have or at least like, if you Googled. Yes, Lasix would work, but if you can avoid medications, then that's better.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #300
Executive Chef

there was a time that i could log into dc and i would be good for days--weeks, even. these days (probably due to my sorry, crappy-a___ computer) i have to log in at LEAST 15 times in a single day, that is, if i happen to care enough to even bother. then on top of that, my attempted log-ins often do not 'take' in which case, i end up in a 15 minute enforced "time out" before i can return to dc and try my logins again....so, if you don't hear from me on any given day, it well might be due to my being locked out. :(