"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #3011
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Both of them are Hispanic and I didn't wish to offend, but I am an American. I emailed a complaint to the store's main office and I did strongly require an explanation of this action, and I also requested an apology. I did say Cinco de Mayo is not a law and I'm very tired of political agendas meeting me in a grocery store. I am there to buy food and to conduct business, and NOT to be confronted of some political stuff of an entirely different country I have no idea of.

Let us see what happens, yes?

With love,
~Cat
Good for you girl. And you did it the American way. You lodged a complaint at headquarters. You constantly make me so proud of you.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #3012
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I do have a cell phone. It rings, I answer it and I talk. I dial a number, the person answers, I talk. I don't text, twitter, or anything else. I just talk. So twitter means nothing to me and a lot of other folks of my age. We just talk.

This is a forum of folks who talk back and forth using the English language. I don't believe we have a thread for puzzles, do we anyone?
Addie, I hope you realize I was making a joke in a back-handed way.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #3013
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Both of them are Hispanic and I didn't wish to offend, but I am an American. I emailed a complaint to the store's main office and I did strongly require an explanation of this action, and I also requested an apology. I did say Cinco de Mayo is not a law and I'm very tired of political agendas meeting me in a grocery store. I am there to buy food and to conduct business, and NOT to be confronted of some political stuff of an entirely different country I have no idea of.

Let us see what happens, yes?

With love,
~Cat
I really wish people would get it in their heads that saying "I love this," or "I support this," doesn't mean the same thing as "I hate everything else." The "offensive to immigrants" argument is ridiculous. How exactly is saying "I love and support the country you chose to live in" offensive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #3014
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
Addie, I hope you realize I was making a joke in a back-handed way.
No I didn't. So I apologize for being flippant. I thought maybe you hand your fingers on all the wrong keys.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #3015
Master Chef

Addie, "fingers on all the wrong keys" perfectly describes what most tweets look like! Probably because a lot of those posting just can't get their point across in 140 characters or less - your limit per "tweet". I've thought about signing up for Twitter just to follow a couple sports writers but never bothered. I have enough time-wasters going on in my life as it is. Besides, the only tweets that are really important to me are when our town has needed to notify us during power outages, and I can read those same tweets on the town's website. The idea of tweeting for the sake of it seems so self-absorbed and narcissistic
Old 05-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #3016
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
No I didn't. So I apologize for being flippant. I thought maybe you hand your fingers on all the wrong keys.
That's o.k.-----in one thread a couple or more of us were flippantly speaking Latin (and I took it a step further and posted in Klingon!) It was 'sanitized'(that's the term used) and those posts were deleted.

Maybe it was thought that I was cussing ----- in Klingon??? Doesn't everything in Klingon sound like cussing?

I learned Klingon by watching The Big Bang Theory.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #3017
Master Chef

For the last two days anything I eat brings a bitter taste in my moth, even a glass of water. Weird. Anybody heard of such thing?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #3018
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Are you on different medications, Charlie? Any dental work lately?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:15 PM   #3019
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Are you on different medications, Charlie? Any dental work lately?
Same questions I would ask...
Old 05-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #3020
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
For the last two days anything I eat brings a bitter taste in my moth, even a glass of water. Weird. Anybody heard of such thing?
As a couple of others ask---- always suspect a new medicine or supplement.