"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #3041
Master Chef

I'm sorry, but I just need to scream AAAAARRR. I worked on this program yesterday, whole day. I've been saving probably every 15 minutes, I know I did, AND TODAY THE DARN PROGRAM IS NOT THERE. GRRRRRRRRRRRR, expletives,expletives, expletives... grrrrrrrrrrr

Old 05-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #3042
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I'm sorry, but I just need to scream AAAAARRR. I worked on this program yesterday, whole day. I've been saving probably every 15 minutes, I know I did, AND TODAY THE DARN PROGRAM IS NOT THERE. GRRRRRRRRRRRR, expletives,expletives, expletives... grrrrrrrrrrr
Bummer.

Are you sure where the program was saved? I have had something similar happen, but found the saved document in the wrong place.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #3043
Master Chef

I have checked the whole PC, any place I could have saved, the whole network, even my thumb drive, even though I know I would not save any program there. It is simply gone. The weird thing is, I've been working on this program for a while, changing, improving, etc. Yesterday was at least a third time. So you would think I would at least have the version I had before I started yesterday, the second version, guess again, I have only the first rough draft, so to speak, of it. Makes me crazy. I already thought I saved it under wrong name , so I went and open anything and everything that I saved yesterday, nothing, gone. Ok, fine, something wasn't working yesterday and it did not save. But how is it possible that the program I had yesterday is gone, it was saved a week ago or so? That I simply cannot understand.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #3044
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I have checked the whole PC, any place I could have saved, the whole network, even my thumb drive, even though I know I would not save any program there. It is simply gone. The weird thing is, I've been working on this program for a while, changing, improving, etc. Yesterday was at least a third time. So you would think I would at least have the version I had before I started yesterday, the second version, guess again, I have only the first rough draft, so to speak, of it. Makes me crazy. I already thought I saved it under wrong name , so I went and open anything and everything that I saved yesterday, nothing, gone. Ok, fine, something wasn't working yesterday and it did not save. But how is it possible that the program I had yesterday is gone, it was saved a week ago or so? That I simply cannot understand.
That really stinks Charlie. Have you looked in the Recycle Bin?
Old 05-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #3045
Master Chef

Yeap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
Old 05-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #3046
Chef Extraordinaire

When I lose a file and can't find it I do a search of the entire computer, using the file name or part of the file name as the search key. Then I go do something else, because it takes a while. I think you can specify the "modified date" to make the search faster.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:44 PM   #3047
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Charlie you could try doing a System Restore.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #3048
Executive Chef

We have a neighbor who works overnight. Sometimes he comes home and cuts the grass before he goes to bed. It's EARLY! LOL But when I think about it, I'm so much happier hearing the lawnmowers and weed whackers than I was hearing the snow blowers and snow plows.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #3049
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

The gnats are HORRID this year! Now the pesky Eye gnats have been joined by the Buffalo gnats, the ones that bite and leave big itchy welts. Absorbine Jr only works for a brief period of time. Does not make for fun gardening.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #3050
Executive Chef

Dawglover, first it was ticks, now gnats! You sure are having issues with the insects! The only problem we have had is after DH tilled the garden behind the house we had an attack of ants. I think he disturbed their nest!