Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the continuing use of the word “tragic” in regards of the death of another junky who succumbed to his weakness. Tragic is a death of a young mother, the death of the soldier who went down in the helicopter at no fault of his own, tragic is when a child dies of incurable disease. Not the death of a drug user. I do not care how talented he was or was not for that matter. There hundreds or maybe thousands of them die around the country/world and nobody even knows that they died, sometimes not even relatives, as they have been missing from the life of said relatives for years. All of a sudden the Hollywood loses one of its own and the whole wide world has to start crying, has to look for the drug suppliers, condemn the drug use etc. At the same time only few month ago when couple of states legalized drug use (ok, only certain drug use) the Hollywood was up in arms praising the liberties of the people in those states.
There is nothing “tragic” about it, though it is sad of course. Of course who am I to judge the use of English language.

I think that any loss of life is tragic.

We all have weakness, most of us are just lucky that they aren't of the magnitude of drug addiction.

Having relatives dealing with it puts it in perspective. My cousin who is my age is on the fast track to death, he has everything to live for, but doesn't see that. He got into heavy drugs shortly after the suicide of his father who he was very close to, to numb the pain. He has the support system but can't seem to kick it. Even his ex wife will take him off the streets to get him help, but nothing has worked yet.

I love the continuing use of the word “tragic” in regards of the death of another junky who succumbed to his weakness. Tragic is a death of a young mother, the death of the soldier who went down in the helicopter at no fault of his own, tragic is when a child dies of incurable disease. Not the death of a drug user. I do not care how talented he was or was not for that matter. There hundreds or maybe thousands of them die around the country/world and nobody even knows that they died, sometimes not even relatives, as they have been missing from the life of said relatives for years. All of a sudden the Hollywood loses one of its own and the whole wide world has to start crying, has to look for the drug suppliers, condemn the drug use etc. At the same time only few month ago when couple of states legalized drug use (ok, only certain drug use) the Hollywood was up in arms praising the liberties of the people in those states.
There is nothing “tragic” about it, though it is sad of course. Of course who am I to judge the use of English language.

CharlieD; we may not agree on pancakes, but we sure do agree on this. Tragic should not be mistaken for stupidity. Tragic is someone who is just getting their life together, after years of struggling, and then is made a vegetable by a drunk driver (happened to a good friend of mine). Tragic is when someone who is thoughtful and kind to their family, and who is of great benefit to all around them, through no fault of their own, is severely injured in such away as to ruin their lives, or taken from mortality. Tragic is when through no fault of their own, a loving parent is removed from the family. Tragic, is the state that our society is heading in, thanks in large part to the entertainment industry, and the greedy.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North.

I'm glad that this post is back on DC. Thanks to whoever did that.

I think the word "tragic" is used too often. I find that dilutes the meaning.

When my 95 year old mother died, it was sad. I don't think it was tragic. As the Unitarian minister said at the memorial, "We are not relieved that Elisabeth died. We are relieved that she stopped dying."

When my 95 year old mother died, it was sad. I don't think it was tragic. As the Unitarian minister said at the memorial, "We are not relieved that Elisabeth died. We are relieved that she stopped dying."

That was a beautiful sentiment!

If I only could read....

(S'bunny, some days I think "smartphones" aren't so smart.)

...I could have saved myself a little bit of "argh!". "Page 1" indicated that all I need to produce was proof of MA residency. *facepalm* As if the letter addressed to me at said MA address wasn't enough. :rolleyes: (I know, I know, I might be scamming the system by applying for a policy that provides doctors and facilities only in MA while living somewhere else...go figure. :LOL: Before you worry, emergency treatment are covered anywhere.) Proof of Residency is all I had to produce though. Apparently there is no question as to my citizenship status or incarceration history or, actually, lack thereof. ;)

(S'bunny, some days I think "smartphones" aren't so smart.)

...I could have saved myself a little bit of "argh!". "Page 1" indicated that all I need to produce was proof of MA residency. *facepalm* As if the letter addressed to me at said MA address wasn't enough. :rolleyes: (I know, I know, I might be scamming the system by applying for a policy that provides doctors and facilities only in MA while living somewhere else...go figure. :LOL: Before you worry, emergency treatment are covered anywhere.) Proof of Residency is all I had to produce though. Apparently there is no question as to my citizenship status or incarceration history or, actually, lack thereof. ;)

Gah, CG, we were gathering funds for your bail money! Glad it finally worked out! (Psst, refunds all around...)

Last edited:
Thanks Dawg. I seem to have all the state ducks in a row right now, but I still haven't called the health insurance provider to make sure that 3rd ID number really does belong to a policy with my name. I'm waiting another day or so in case the i's haven't been crossed nor the t's dotted.

I'm really UNventing!

Vented here during my health insurance saga so much I have to put the good here so you all can see that...

I (apparently) HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE!!! I called the provider today and they had me in their system. Then when Himself brought the mail in I had a letter from the Health Connector telling me I've been accepted into my selected plan. Only one thing to follow up on...so far the insurance provider has not received payment for my March premium. I'll call the health connector on Friday to make sure the check they cashed in December has been processed to be applied to my March premium. I'd call tomorrow but the state offices will probably all be closed since we're getting at least one snowflake. ;)

Vented here during my health insurance saga so much I have to put the good here so you all can see that...

I (apparently) HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE!!! I called the provider today and they had me in their system. Then when Himself brought the mail in I had a letter from the Health Connector telling me I've been accepted into my selected plan. Only one thing to follow up on...so far the insurance provider has not received payment for my March premium. I'll call the health connector on Friday to make sure the check they cashed in December has been processed to be applied to my March premium. I'd call tomorrow but the state offices will probably all be closed since we're getting at least one snowflake. ;)

:clap:

Yay!!! Bout time!!!

I thought I had health insurance, but I found out earlier my policy is cancelled. I tried to call my doctor, but I received just a recording.

I don't know what to do. I paid everything, but it is cancelled.

I have to see a surgeon now with no insurance.

With love, ~Cat

Call the insurance company ~Cat!!! I had the same thing happen to me two days before my surgery, but everything was fine.

I thought I had health insurance, but I found out earlier my policy is cancelled. I tried to call my doctor, but I received just a recording.

I don't know what to do. I paid everything, but it is cancelled.

I have to see a surgeon now with no insurance.

With love, ~Cat

I hope you can get this worked out, Cat. This is not a good time for you to be having insurance problems.

Back
Top Bottom