"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #3281
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
There are just some days that I'd rather be a mattress tester, or fishing lure tester, than a telecommunication technician, especially when I have to deal with AT&T!

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Sorry you're having a bad day, Chief. I hope it gets better
__________________

__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #3282
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
Chief, you sound like my daughter. When she was a young teen she wanted to be a video game tester!

I would like to be one of those secret shoppers who go around and eat in different restaurants to rate the food, service etc.
__________________

__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #3283
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,064
I went to Winthrop this morning. I am still recuperating from Tuesday. My legs are so sore I can hardly walk, but I decided to go anyway to see what I could accomplish. Very little. I started the day out with an upset stomach. So that put me in a sour mood. They did do my monthly check on my vitals. I have gone from 145 pounds on July 17th down to 132 pounds today. That is a lot of weight loss in a short time. No even a full month. Enough that even I am concerned. I am chalking it up to this cold that wants to hang on. I have no appetite. I am lucky if I can get one small meal a day down. They will start checking my weight each week for now and see how it goes. Exhaustion, a cold that won't go away and bringing up green phlegm, sudden weight loss, nasty mood, upset stomach, etc. ad nauseum. Tomorrow has to be a better day. This can't go on forever. Can it?
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #3284
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I went to Winthrop this morning. I am still recuperating from Tuesday. My legs are so sore I can hardly walk, but I decided to go anyway to see what I could accomplish. Very little. I started the day out with an upset stomach. So that put me in a sour mood. They did do my monthly check on my vitals. I have gone from 145 pounds on July 17th down to 132 pounds today. That is a lot of weight loss in a short time. No even a full month. Enough that even I am concerned. I am chalking it up to this cold that wants to hang on. I have no appetite. I am lucky if I can get one small meal a day down. They will start checking my weight each week for now and see how it goes. Exhaustion, a cold that won't go away and bringing up green phlegm, sudden weight loss, nasty mood, upset stomach, etc. ad nauseum. Tomorrow has to be a better day. This can't go on forever. Can it?
Let's not extrapolate time into the future. None of us know enough to be able to do that, short, or long term. If there is an afterlife, then all will eventually be well. If not, then I don't know any answers. I believe that at some future point, all will be well.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #3285
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Try to take better care of yourself Addie. :angle:
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #3286
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
There are just some days that I'd rather be a mattress tester, or fishing lure tester, than a telecommunication technician, especially when I have to deal with AT&T!

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

OOOOHHHH Mattress Tester...I want that job!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #3287
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
OOOOHHHH Mattress Tester...I want that job!
I would be sooo qualified for that job!
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #3288
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I went to Winthrop this morning. I am still recuperating from Tuesday. My legs are so sore I can hardly walk, but I decided to go anyway to see what I could accomplish. Very little. I started the day out with an upset stomach. So that put me in a sour mood. They did do my monthly check on my vitals. I have gone from 145 pounds on July 17th down to 132 pounds today. That is a lot of weight loss in a short time. No even a full month. Enough that even I am concerned. I am chalking it up to this cold that wants to hang on. I have no appetite. I am lucky if I can get one small meal a day down. They will start checking my weight each week for now and see how it goes. Exhaustion, a cold that won't go away and bringing up green phlegm, sudden weight loss, nasty mood, upset stomach, etc. ad nauseum. Tomorrow has to be a better day. This can't go on forever. Can it?
Eat, sleep, repeat...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #3289
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
OOOOHHHH Mattress Tester...I want that job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I would be sooo qualified for that job!
Sorry guys, I'm afraid Himself has a lock on that job based by all the time he DOES spend in bed!
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #3290
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Sorry guys, I'm afraid Himself has a lock on that job based by all the time he DOES spend in bed!
I'm applying for the job in the Mountain Time Zone...
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.