"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #3291
Master Chef

That's a good idea PF. He certainly doesn't travel fast enough to cover the entire country - more like the entire local bed.

Lordy, I hope he never sees how I tease him mercilessly around here.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #3292
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
That's a good idea PF. He certainly doesn't travel fast enough to cover the entire country - more like the entire local bed.

Lordy, I hope he never sees how I tease him mercilessly around here.
I would be happy with 25% of the bed, between Shrek and the cats, I'm better off on the couch.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #3293
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I would be happy with 25% of the bed, between Shrek and the cats, I'm better off on the couch.

Between Beagle and DH, I figure I get around 15-25% of the bed as well. I call DH the burrito, he just rolls up in the sheet until I have about 3 inches of sheet left, enough to cover approximately one knee cap.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:05 AM   #3294
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Between Beagle and DH, I figure I get around 15-25% of the bed as well. I call DH the burrito, he just rolls up in the sheet until I have about 3 inches of sheet left, enough to cover approximately one knee cap.
That's why I like individual duvets.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #3295
Master Chef

Quote:
Since we got a king size bed, we've been constantly fighting over blanket. One tome one of the kids drag her blanket to our bed one sunday morning and she forgot it there. We slept well fallowing no night. Now we have two bkankets , sleep on the dufferent sides of the bed. There us no fighting though. We meet in the middle once in a while. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
Old 08-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #3296
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Try to take better care of yourself Addie.
Heaven knows I am trying. We have a neighbor across from me on the side of the building where I live. This "child" has a motor scooter and he must be sneaking out at night because he revs it up around one a.m. and then speeds down the street and keeps going around and around the block. The he starts again around five a.m. Since he doesn't want me to sleep, as soon as it warms up I am going to be sitting out there when I know he is due to start his run and see which house he comes out of. Then I am going to report him to the Police Officer for the Elderly Affairs in the community. Seargent Gonzalez. He has been very helpful in the past in addressing any issues we may have.

I am planning on spending the day just doing nothing. Something I do with advanced expertise. Our outdoor temps are in the low 60's. And so far no sunshine. A perfect day to follow my plan.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #3297
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Covers, I don't need no stinking covers...
Old 08-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #3298
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Since we got a king size bed, we've been constantly fighting over the blanket. One time one of the kids dragged her blanket to our bed one Sunday morning and she forgot it there. We slept well the following night. Now we have two blankets, sleep on the different sides of the bed. There us no fighting though. We meet in the middle once in a while. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Old 08-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #3299
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

That day where you have to slow down and collect yourself.

I'm baking the wedding cake layers for a cake that I'm making next week (I freeze them, then assemble). I have the recipe that I used for our cake last year, each batch of batter makes 1 layer of each size 6", 9" and 12" I should be making this recipe 3 times, each cake is going to be 3 layers with filling. I'm wondering why the middle tier is cooking fast and is too thin (I weigh the batter for each pan). Apparently somewhere in my scattered brain, I thought that the middle tier was 10" instead of 9" even though my printed recipe clearly states "9 inch layer, 400 grams of batter" I wrote the recipe

Guess who now has to make an extra batch of batter

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #3300
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
That day where you have to slow down and collect yourself.

I'm baking the wedding cake layers for a cake that I'm making next week (I freeze them, then assemble). I have the recipe that I used for our cake last year, each batch of batter makes 1 layer of each size 6", 9" and 12" I should be making this recipe 3 times, each cake is going to be 3 layers with filling. I'm wondering why the middle tier is cooking fast and is too thin (I weigh the batter for each pan). Apparently somewhere in my scattered brain, I thought that the middle tier was 10" instead of 9" even though my printed recipe clearly states "9 inch layer, 400 grams of batter" I wrote the recipe

Guess who now has to make an extra batch of batter
Now I suppose you are gonna make poor Rob clean up your mistake!