"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #3351
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I'm tired of coming home to a bunch of little messes. All very innocent and all really understandable, but I'm tired of it. Dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is half empty, a load of laundry that didn't get switched to the dryer so needs to be rewashed. Simple little things but I feel like everyone's clean up crew. BAH.
You mean people are supposed to help me?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #3352
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Interesting. I do everything right-handed except sports stuff such as throwing batting, golfing, which I do left-handed.
Reminds me of buckytom. I miss his stories about him and his son. I wish he would come back. Even for a short while.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #3353
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I'm tired of coming home to a bunch of little messes. All very innocent and all really understandable, but I'm tired of it. Dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is half empty, a load of laundry that didn't get switched to the dryer so needs to be rewashed. Simple little things but I feel like everyone's clean up crew. BAH.
When my kids were small, I went through a period of that. I got so fed up, I would interrupt whatever they were doing and make them come and clean up what they left behind for me. I would even call them in from playing. It took about a week, but they finally got the message. No more school books left in the middle of the floor, no dirty dishes left on the table, etc.

My oldest daughter was the slowest one to get the message. Then one day she had a pile of dirty laundry sitting in the middle of her room waiting to go to the laundry room. She was sitting out on the front steps with her friends. She was about 12 at the time. I picked up the dirty laundry and went out and dumped it on her head. Some of it fell on her friends. I got a lot of "I hate you" and in return I got a lot less work.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #3354
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
My microwave misbehaved. I was just melting butter in an oven safe, glass ramekin, like I have done lots of times. It made funny noises, so I looked. The whole inside was lit up and flashing. I checked to see if there was any foil or other metal somehow in the microwave. There wasn't.

I don't want a new microwave. I don't want to figure out how to use it by hitting "baked potato, baked potato, popcorn". Stirling forgot and used it. It was fine. I can't say I'm that surprised that the microwave might be on its last legs. It's 23 years old.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #3355
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
My microwave misbehaved. I was just melting butter in an oven safe, glass ramekin, like I have done lots of times. It made funny noises, so I looked. The whole inside was lit up and flashing. I checked to see if there was any foil or other metal somehow in the microwave. There wasn't.

I don't want a new microwave. I don't want to figure out how to use it by hitting "baked potato, baked potato, popcorn". Stirling forgot and used it. It was fine. I can't say I'm that surprised that the microwave might be on its last legs. It's 23 years old.
I have had mine for four years now and I still don't know how to use the shortcuts.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #3356
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have had mine for four years now and I still don't know how to use the shortcuts.
Shortcuts are fine. I just don't like the modern microwaves that seem to only have shortcuts.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #3357
Chef Extraordinaire

You have no idea how POed I am to have someone leave their dog's poop on my lawn.

My condo has lots of common areas with grass and trees. The new condos across the street don't have pretty areas. The people who live in the new condos like to walk their dogs in my condo. Why can't they at least scoop up their dog messes? That's standard behaviour nowadays.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #3358
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
You have no idea how POed I am to have someone leave their dog's poop on my lawn.

My condo has lots of common areas with grass and trees. The new condos across the street don't have pretty areas. The people who live in the new condos like to walk their dogs in my condo. Why can't they at least scoop up their dog messes? That's standard behaviour nowadays.
Have your management company contact theirs and have them send out a general notice.

If that doesn't work, collect all the poop, put it in a brown paper bag, place it on their front doorstep and set it on fire.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #3359
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Have your management company contact theirs and have them send out a general notice.

If that doesn't work, collect all the poop, put it in a brown paper bag, place it on their front doorstep and set it on fire.
But I don't know which of the new condos these people live in. Across the street used to be a field and some woods. Now there are 15 or so new condos. I miss the field and the little woods.

Good idea to have the condo board send a letter to their condo board.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #3360
Certified Pretend Chef

I guess you could walk your dogs on their condo property...