Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sleeping...I have, for the past few nights, been waking up at 4:30 wide awake. 5 hours of sleep is NOT enough. But, the bad part is, the darned cats think this is when I should be up now, they started on me at 3:30.

And I'm so easily distracted going from one...SQUIRREL!!!!!

PF, you and Beagle are apparently on the same schedule. She's recently taken to getting up at 4:30 and barking like crazy at something outside.

Hope you can get back on track soon!

(((Hugs PF))). Not getting enough sleep is awful.

You aren't feeding those cats when you get up in the middle of the night, are you?

Nope, not feeding them. It's possible Latté is just really confused about what times I should be up and gone and home, what with the surgery, working half days, etc. I have kinda messed with her schedule and me waking up at the same time two nights in a row, of course she gets petted and scritched when I get up, but no food.

PAG, you are lucky you didn't break a bone. You will be quite sore, so take it easy. Sometimes it takes a while for an injury to bloom.

Grrr. Slipped on a patch of ice. You know that stretch where you pull your foot towards your butt and how some people can actually touch their heal to their butt? I can't quite get that far but I can get within a couple inches and it's a good thing because that's how I landed. Right knee bent, my butt landed on my foot. Fortunately my calf was directly under my thigh so my knee didn't twist, but it did get over stretched and the initial fall was caused not just by my foot slipping on the ice but also by my ankle twisting when my foot slipped. I took a couple ibuprofen, elevated my leg, and iced my knee and ankle. No swelling or bruising of either but both are kind of achey.

The hubby and I spent the day helping friends move so I'd already been lifting boxes and going up and down stairs all day. I was already fealing a bit stiff. We're supposed to help them finish up tomorrow. We'll see if I'm up to that. Will sleep in the recliner tonight so my leg stays elevated. Here's hoping.

Good news, zero pain today. I'm still going to take it easy but we'll go to help our friends. Hubby can help with the lifting and carrying and I can help with light stuff (like holding doors open) and keeping their 2 y/o entertained. The stiffness from the work done yesterday is also gone and no achey muscles. Should be ok.

I'm not sleeping...I have, for the past few nights, been waking up at 4:30 wide awake. 5 hours of sleep is NOT enough. But, the bad part is, the darned cats think this is when I should be up now, they started on me at 3:30.

And I'm so easily distracted going from one...SQUIRREL!!!!!

Toss her in a bath tub of water whenever she wakes you up. She'll stop. :D

Good news, zero pain today. I'm still going to take it easy but we'll go to help our friends. Hubby can help with the lifting and carrying and I can help with light stuff (like holding doors open) and keeping their 2 y/o entertained. The stiffness from the work done yesterday is also gone and no achey muscles. Should be ok.

Super glad you're not seriously hurt. Now young lady, don't you be dropping like a stone anymore. You make a dad worry with that kind of behavior. And get boots with good, ice-sticky soles. I'm the only one in this family that is immune to falls.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind, who never gets hurt from falling, of the North

only if i want a hairless cat!...

duct taped Latte:

image-11260695.jpg

Last edited:
My phone has started randomly dropping the last character or two before the whitespace. So instead of, "understand" I end up with, "understan" or instead of, "Yesterday I watched a movie," I get, "Yesterday I watch a movie." Between this, typos, and my poor spelling it's a wonder I can post anything readable.

Simply having a very high limit on a line of credit can affect your credit purchasing power in some instances, like if you're trying to finance a new car or applying for a home loan, for example. You can potentially max out on your credit, increasing your monthly payment obligations.

That's actually an outdated concept. Now high limits with very little utilized is great for your credit as lenders can see that you are very responsible. Having high limits with very little utilized has helped my score climb. I never have issues getting approved. Any lender can look at my reports and see that I'm not leaning on my credit cards or spending more than I can afford.

Your credit score will look a lot better if the reporting balance is $1000 on a $10,000 card than on a $2000 card, the $2000 card will be half maxed out where the other will only be 10%. Keeping reported balances under 30% keeps the score healthy. Even if you pay in full every month they will still report something depending on the date that it is set to report.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

That is pretty much how we've lived our credit life all along. High credit limit, responsible usage, pay off every month in full. Discover is now providing cardholders with a FICA score every month if you have their "It" card. FWIW, I didn't know the scale went higher than 800 :huh:..till now. :) It may just apply to our Discover use only, but since we manage all our bills the same I would think it's a good snapshot.

I agree with what the Chief said----- but if Addie is talking about babies then that may be another issue. However, my daughter, as a baby/toddler would whip a hat off her head as quick as a wink! She always hated anything on her head.

If I had lived in blizzard county I guess I could have stapled the hat on her head.:ROFLMAO:

When it did snow and she was still young and played outside all the warm clothes I put on her were soaking wet from sledding, snow ball fights etc that I wondered why I even put clothes on her. (just kidding guys, but you catch my drift.)

I was referring to young children, up to five or six years old. As far as the hats; I always bought hats that tied on and I did the tying. Tie it into a bow and then tie the bow again. Hats stayed on. I didn't have to much trouble with the girls. They were always getting earaches, so they knew the consequences of not wear their hat. Then when Poo came along he had the same problem and more often than not opted to stay in rather than bring on an earache. He got to the point that he wouldn't even tell me if he had one. He would just go and get the drops and take care of it himself. That kid was born to practice medicine. :angel:

That is pretty much how we've lived our credit life all along. High credit limit, responsible usage, pay off every month in full. Discover is now providing cardholders with a FICA score every month if you have their "It" card. FWIW, I didn't know the scale went higher than 800 :huh:..till now. :) It may just apply to our Discover use only, but since we manage all our bills the same I would think it's a good snapshot.

It's a Transunion FICO score, so it is a real one that reflects your Transunion credit report, so it is legit! Usually to get all three REAL scores, you have to pay $30, so getting one free is a good thing. I have Discover too.

There are lots of "credit scores" out there, but if they don't have the FICO logo than they aren't the real deal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom