Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday I went to a store that carries paints, jewels and things I need to make shirts and hats for me and the kids. I was in line paying by check for my purchases when this woman dressed to the nines pushed in beside me I stumbled and DH grabbed me because he was afraid I'd fall. Now I understand being in a hurry but I was using my walker because i had been ill and was a little wobbley , All I got from this woman was Sorry I'm in a hurry, party you know. WELL lady I didn't know but I hope you had fun. Both my grand kids had big eyes at this behavior. So we sat down in the truck and talked about it. They know to wait your turn and be polite. Ahhh life sometime isn't fair. What would you say to this person? I said nothing picked up my things and walked out with my kids and DH and hearing her say Well, she could of at least said it's ok
kades

I might not have said anything to her either if it were me (okay, I probably would have, but some days it doesn't seem worth the effort), but at the point when she thought that I should have said it was okay, I would have turned around and blasted her.

For goodness sakes, couldn't she see the walker? I'm outraged. If I had seen it happen, I would probably have given her an earful.

I would have rolled or positioned the walker across her foot, letting her know in no uncertain terms that she was invading my space! But as P.F. said, "I'm not a very nice person..." particularly when it comes to letting people know they're being rude!
That's an idea Selkie:LOL: I think your a very nice person. I'm trying not to have to use that blasted walker but I'd have had to get up off the ground if i'd not had it. Geez I hope I get stronger faster.
kades

I might not have said anything to her either if it were me (okay, I probably would have, but some days it doesn't seem worth the effort), but at the point when she thought that I should have said it was okay, I would have turned around and blasted her.

For goodness sakes, couldn't she see the walker? I'm outraged. If I had seen it happen, I would probably have given her an earful.
Well for once I made no response, but I did give her what the kids call Ma' look:LOL: That helped a lot

kades

I have a real problem with people who feel entitled and that the rules don't apply to them. Kades, I could teach you some words that will ensure they will back off and give you some space. Of course, you're too nice to use them.
Thanks Andy, I most likely wouldnt use them but they would be running helter kelter through my little mind:LOL: Thanks for thinking of me
kades

I have a real problem with people who feel entitled and that the rules don't apply to them. Kades, I could teach you some words that will ensure they will back off and give you some space. Of course, you're too nice to use them.

I'm not too nice, but I bet I know most of them already:ROFLMAO:

When these situations come up I always assume that these people were sent to test me.

Sometimes I pass and sometimes I fail.

I must admit that I have more fun when I fail but, I keep trying.

Well for once I made no response, but I did give her what the kids call Ma' look:LOL: That helped a lot

kades

My default expression in situations like these has become a look of intense confusion. After years of waitressing I've become very non confrontational, but even at work I can get away with a look of confusion. They may interpret my confusion however they want, but in my mind, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it means "how have you managed to live so long in this world without learning any manners?" or "is there something wrong with you that makes you think it's ok to act like a child?"

Oh, and thanks for the compassion and hugs, all! Dave, it would take us about 3 1/2 to 4 hours, depending on traffic, of just drive time to get to the shore, add in the fun of a toddler and restroom breaks every hour for pregnant me, and a day trip just isn't worth 8-9 hours of driving. We'll just have to wait until after the baby comes and try again. Thanks for the idea, though!

My default expression in situations like these has become a look of intense confusion. After years of waitressing I've become very non confrontational, but even at work I can get away with a look of confusion. They may interpret my confusion however they want, but in my mind, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it means "how have you managed to live so long in this world without learning any manners?" or "is there something wrong with you that makes you think it's ok to act like a child?"

I wonder if I can manage a convincing look of confusion...:wacko:

I'll work on that expression and thanks
kades

Claire, those "tear here" packages only tear sometimes and the resealable ones rarely do. I just always use my kitchen shears. Paring knives are made for cutting fingers.

Sorry about your boo boo. {{{KISS}}}} There, all better.:LOL:

I keep a separate pair of scissors in the kitchen for packages and only use my "kitchen shears" for food.:chef:

My vent for the day.. inconsiderate people at the grocery store check out!!! Arrrggggg!!!

I usually use the self-checkout at the one local store I shop at. Today I ended up behind this person who kept stopping to answer her text messages while she was scanning her items and then stopped completely to take a call. I know it wasn't an important call because what I heard was" ..Hello.. nothin just shoopping you? ..yeah.. so what you doin this afternoon?" ARRRGGGGGG! Is it that hard to not answer a text or not take a call???

Then, yes, there is still more.

As I was bagging my groceries, another person came in behind me and instead of waiting until I finished bagging, started scanning and sending their groceries into mine. Did they not think the cans of soup or the cantaloupe were not going to roll down into my stuff?!?!!? :wacko::wacko::shock::w00t2:

I would have bagged it with mine, said thank you and left.:ROFLMAO: I bet next time that person shopped they would be more considerate.

Yesterday I went to a store that carries paints, jewels and things I need to make shirts and hats for me and the kids. I was in line paying by check for my purchases when this woman dressed to the nines pushed in beside me I stumbled and DH grabbed me because he was afraid I'd fall. Now I understand being in a hurry but I was using my walker because i had been ill and was a little wobbley , All I got from this woman was Sorry I'm in a hurry, party you know. WELL lady I didn't know but I hope you had fun. Both my grand kids had big eyes at this behavior. So we sat down in the truck and talked about it. They know to wait your turn and be polite. Ahhh life sometime isn't fair. What would you say to this person? I said nothing picked up my things and walked out with my kids and DH and hearing her say Well, she could of at least said it's ok
kades

She just wanted to justify her behavior and for you to excuse it. That way in her mind she did nothing wrong.:wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom