"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #3421
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix

Well, I don't think I missed much judging from the one I attended 10 years ago. I don't care much for them. The herd would have been much thinner this time around, I presumed, considering a graduating class of just under 100 to begin with. Yeah, small class.
I'm still amazed that the reunion committee can still track people down and gather them in one spot. Of course, the internet makes that easy. We all graduated from an Armed Forces run high school overseas and have settled all over the US. But So Cal and Las Vegas seem to be the favorite to conduct the reunions.
We had 63 in my class graduate. About 20 of those went all the way from Kindergarten through grade 12. I was one of those lucky ones. At the last reunion we had about 30 graduates show up. Since it was such a small school, everyone knew each other. It is actuall fun for both my husband and myself because he has gotten to know a lot of people too. If they have one, we will go.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #3422
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
We should have a reunion next summer. My class usually has one every five years. It will be 35 years.

We graduated the same year! 35 years, really? I must have lost track of time...

Old 10-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #3423
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

We graduated the same year! 35 years, really? I must have lost track of time...
Time flies!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #3424
Sous Chef

My 35th reunion was this summer on Friday the 13th of July. Our school mascot is Blackcats so it was fitting. All the inviting was done over Facebook & word of mouth. It was also a multi-year reunion that covered about 5 years of classes. We rented a hall, had finger food, cake, lots of mingling & ended with a band (way too loud) that was still together from our high school years. There's talk about having one every year there's a Friday 13, during the summer.
Cindercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #3425
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My Mother's graduating class meets several times a year and the entire class is still alive and kicking. Of course, her other classmate is her twin sister.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #3426
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a class of 250. I can'r remember even one name. They just had a reunion last momth. I have never been to one. Have no interest. That was yesterday, I live in today. My least favorite place to travel to is Memory Lane.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #3427
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
My Mother's graduating class meets several times a year and the entire class is still alive and kicking. Of course, her other classmate is her twin sister.
LOL. I live it!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #3428
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
LOL. I live it!
Mom and my Aunt were the last graduating class of their school.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #3429
Sous Chef

I do not want another day like today!!! Started out late for church. Later went to get a massage at mall. The Chinese guy who did my massage wasn't nearly as good as the guy I usually get. Went to my van, listened to the radio & ate a pretzel. Turned the ignition key & only got clicks. Called AAA & waited 30 minutes. Forgot to take phone off silent & missed 2 calls from AAA. Needed to go to school to get ready for a sub tomorrow but got to go to WalMart to get a new battery. Decided to get my oil changed while I'm there. WalMart has changed to Jiffy Lube instead of their own mechanics. It took 5 minutes just to get through the workorder process. He kept trying to sell me more services. That was just for the oil. I had to talk to someone else about the battery. I literally got the last battery that would fit my van. Of course it was the $100 one. Could have gotten one from AAA cheaper. Finally get everything installed & I think I'm about to get out of there when they tell me both license plate lights are out. Do I want to replace them so I don't get a ticket? They only cost $12 + tax each. Half of it is labor. Turned out they couldn't replace them because the internal clips were broken or missing & WalMart doesn't carry the clips. I have to call the dealer. I pay my $167 for an oil change & a battery & go back to my van. By this time I've lost any benefit from the $50 massage & I'm not in a very good mood. Reach my van only to find it unlocked with the window wide open after I made a point of saying I expect it to be locked whenever they aren't working on it. The only person who thought it was a problem was the girl who took my order but didn't do the work. Got to school. I was in the middle of printing some work for tomorrow when the printer decided to freeze. Took half an hour of fooling with it & finally giving up before it decided to work again. By then I had changed my plans. Got home to find the DVR was set for the wrong channel & I missed what I wanted to record. Can't watch online since school blocks ABC due to ads. Can't believe I'm wanting Monday to get here!
Cindercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #3430
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Oh man Cindercat, that does sound like a rotten day. I hope your Monday is better.