"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #3471
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Sounds like you need a hot toddy and some serious bed rest.
The hot toddy sounds like tonight's "dessert" suggestion. And bed rest? I get bored that way. I just keep moving and hope I outrun the cold sooner rather than later.

PF, guess we're just a couple of snot-nosed brats. Runny nose=worst part of cold.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #3472
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
The hot toddy sounds like tonight's "dessert" suggestion. And bed rest? I get bored that way. I just keep moving and hope I outrun the cold sooner rather than later.

PF, guess we're just a couple of snot-nosed brats. Runny nose=worst part of cold.
Oh how true. I have had a health problem that I was born with. If I am in an area where the temp goes to 69F. my nose runs and runs and runs. 70F. I am fine. Every month I buy four large boxes of Puff Plus and go through them as if they were a filet mignon. Excuse me, I have to go wipe my nose.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #3473
Head Chef

I have a petty vent that I can only cure by, I know, just getting over it. Having been around in the days of those oh-so-fashionable sack dresses (more proof that people will follow any fad that comes along), I can't get used to the present day clothing that seems to be a matter of pureeing the human body and then pouring it into a dress/pants. I don't see how else it's possible to get into them. And while I'm here, I'll just say that I don't like the form-fitting bridal gowns with sweetheart necklines to show off 'the girls' either. Garumph.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #3474
Master Chef

Question

At the store this morning I bought a 6 pack of the Sun-Maid Raisins. When I went to open them I was suprised that the little boxes seems so much smaller. Does anyone remember the size? It's says they are 1 oz., I know it's the same proce.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #3475
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I think the little boxes were 1.5 ounces. But I can't be sure.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #3476
Executive Chef

I just googled it. They used to be 1.5 and are now 1oz. All the companies do that because they think we are so stupid we don't notice. They think as long as they don't raise the price we will be happy. NOT!

Wish I could reduce my size by 1/3.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #3477
Executive Chef

Cooking Goddess, DH also does not believe in bed rest. He continues doing what he always did. Before retirement, he went to work no matter how sick he was. He didn't want to waste a good sick day being sick! LOL

I'm different. I want bedrest, but if it's a cold, lying down just causes more congestion.

My nose runs constantly. I think it's allergies. I have Claritin, but I take so many meds I hate adding one more to the mix, so half the time I don't take it, and I can't take the D because of blood pressure.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #3478
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I just googled it. They used to be 1.5 and are now 1oz. All the companies do that because they think we are so stupid we don't notice. They think as long as they don't raise the price we will be happy. NOT!

Wish I could reduce my size by 1/3.
The packages keep getting smaller and I keep getting bigger!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #3479
Executive Chef

I remember when Tide switched to Ultra Tide. They told us it was reformulated and we didn't have to use as much. They gave us that little plastic cup in the box. Since I am one who never throws anything away, I kept the first little cup instead of using the one that came in the new box. Then one day I noticed that the new cup in the new box was almost twice as big as the one I got in the first box. They were gradually increasing the amount we had to use.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #3480
Master Chef

Everything is going that way. We spend more money for less. And I've been here only 25 years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app