Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have found that a piece of the rubber / bubbly textured cabinet liners really helps me a lot when it comes to opening jars. I had a left over square when I lined by cabinets.

My petty vent for this week is that I really wanted the Power Pressure Cooker XL I'm seeing on tv and advertised on this blog. I have a 4 quart one and love it but I also wanted a larger capacity. After I called and gave some stranger all my credit card information I was told that they didn't mail to Hawaii. WTH! Its not Timbuktu!

So then I ordered the 6 quart model they had on QVC. It got here yesterday and I found that it looked like it had been dropped. It was crushed in on the side. Thwarted yet again!

Lately I hand it to Shrek, he struggles with it and hands it back. Then I can get the lid off. I think Lehman's has a jar opener that will work for my.

I learned the other day I could no longer cross my fingers, arthritis is really gaining a hold.

I only have one finger that gives me problems. Otherwise, I can make a tight fist with both hands. I think it is all the needle crafts I do that keep my hands limber. The pain in my hips and spine is a circulations problem. Not arthritis. There is very little arthritis in my whole system. Every time they send me for an X-ray, there is very little arthritis in the area that has been shown. You would think that at the age of 75, there would be some crippling arthritis. Nope. My sister had rheumatoid arthritis and had crippling pain. There were some days when she couldn't even hold a fork to eat. She would have to have someone to feed her. So after seeing what she went through, you have my sympathy Princess. I hope and pray you never get to the stage she was in when she died.

BTW, I tried and found I could cross my fingers with no problem at all. I can bring my middle finger down to the knuckle on my index finger. No pain at all. :angel:

Last edited:
I have found that a piece of the rubber / bubbly textured cabinet liners really helps me a lot when it comes to opening jars. I had a left over square when I lined by cabinets.

My petty vent for this week is that I really wanted the Power Pressure Cooker XL I'm seeing on tv and advertised on this blog. I have a 4 quart one and love it but I also wanted a larger capacity. After I called and gave some stranger all my credit card information I was told that they didn't mail to Hawaii. WTH! Its not Timbuktu!

So then I ordered the 6 quart model they had on QVC. It got here yesterday and I found that it looked like it had been dropped. It was crushed in on the side. Thwarted yet again!

Call Customer Service at QVC immediately. They have the best CS I have ever encountered. I believe I can guarantee you will have a new Pressure Cooker in your home by the end of the week. And I believe they will tell you to send the damaged one back. I have never had a problem with their CS. They take your word for any problem, real or imagined. :angel:

Call Customer Service at QVC immediately. They have the best CS I have ever encountered. I believe I can guarantee you will have a new Pressure Cooker in your home by the end of the week. And I believe they will tell you to send the damaged one back. I have never had a problem with their CS. They take your word for any problem, real or imagined. :angel:

+1. QVC's CS is outstanding. My brother used to work for them, and my mom ordered from them all the time.

QVC has a grade A return policy. It's already on its way. I just printed out a return address and requested a replacement on the paperwork. After I noticed the dent I noticed that the box had been crushed in on that side as well. Stuff happens I guess. But now I have to delay my gratification! Oh the humanity!:ROFLMAO:

I wish I had enough money (or a large enough credit limit) that I could sit on the couch and order things from QVC all day. I think that's what my neighbors across the street do. The UPS truck is at their house several times per week. They have a small 3 bedroom ranch. I have no idea where they're putting all this stuff, but I'm so jealous!

Yes, we know our UPS and Fed Ex guys by name. Amazon has things I want that I cannot buy in the stores here. We get shipments of my favorite perfume, soaps, shampoos, cleaners, etc. I can get a lot of that stuff cheaper on Amazon and if ordered right, I get it with free shipping. I have never ordered anything from QVC.

Thanks, I've been using a stress ball to limber them up more. Biofreeze gel helps a lot.

Have you tried parrafin dips? You can pick up an old crockpot from a thrift store and make a bath yourself, there are lots of instructions online. You just have to make sure the temperature is in the correct range. It's not a miracle, but it can be really helpful with inflammation from arthritis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I wrap them in hot, wet towels. same effect. Thanks, I will go look at the paraffin dips and see what the temp is.

I wish I had enough money (or a large enough credit limit) that I could sit on the couch and order things from QVC all day. I think that's what my neighbors across the street do. The UPS truck is at their house several times per week. They have a small 3 bedroom ranch. I have no idea where they're putting all this stuff, but I'm so jealous!

Just remember, all that stuff they order, they have to take care of and clean. :angel:

About Amazon---- I'm relying on them more and more. Sure I'd rather have the energy and health to 'go shopping' but since I can't do that so much anymore I use what's available---- and that's Amazon. Thank goodness it's there along with details and customer reviews. Not that ALL customer reviews are good.:LOL: but you learn to discern which review is given one star simply because it was the wrong shade of mauve and which one is because the item really was defective!

And free shipping is available for a lot of the things I need or want. (There's a difference. :LOL: )

Amazon of course is in it to make money---- but Bezos has built Amazon do that while still giving pretty good service.

I have bought things from both Amazon and QVC. I have to hold myself back not to go overboard. HSN has a system that if you have an account with them you can order on your TV using the remote. Boy, could I get carried away with that!

When people mention things on DC I google them on Amazon and if I'm interested, I put them on my wish list. Then when I have enough for free shipping I place an order. I have bought some things through them that I was unable to find elsewhere.

Still can't find that doo-dad we've all been researching, though! LOL

I don't have Amazon's Prime account but whenever they offer a 30 day free trial I take advantage of it. Over the years I've taken advantage of their free trial offers about a half a dozen times. I'm currently signed up for Prime and the free trial expires in a week or so. For an annual fee Prime offers free 2-day shipping on many items (no minimum purchase), plus includes their video streaming service as well.
I've ordered a bunch of stuff this month already. In fact I'm awaiting delivery today of a large, 2 foot fake garden boulder which I ordered on Monday. 2-day free delivery. Hope it looks real.....the many reviews say it does...:)

Last edited:
I don't have Amazon's Prime account but whenever they offer a 30 day free trial I take advantage of it. Over the years I've taken advantage of their free trial offers about a half a dozen times. I'm currently signed up for Prime and the free trial expires in a week or so. For an annual fee Prime offers free 2-day shipping on many items (no minimum purchase), plus includes their video streaming service as well.
I've ordered a bunch of stuff this month already. In fact I'm awaiting delivery today of a large, 2 foot fake garden boulder which I ordered on Monday. 2-day free delivery. Hope it looks real.....the many reviews say it does...:)

So then you can say "I've got a piece of the rock." LOL

My neighbor, same one who gets all the UPS deliveries, put a real boulder in the corner of his yard because his neighbor kept driving over the corner of the yard. Now the second neighbor has lots of dents in his fenders. LOL

Amazon is the next best thing to sliced bread. I use then a lot for mundane things as well as self indulgent things. I bought a large package of vacuum cleaner bags recently after having spent a half a day and way too much gas going across the island, fighting traffic, trying to find them at a local Sears store. They were all out. What a waste of time that was.

I wrap them in hot, wet towels. same effect. Thanks, I will go look at the paraffin dips and see what the temp is.

Good deal. I have arthritis in my right index finger. I have this cycle where the inflammation will flare and instead of treating it, I just compensate with the other fingers, which eventually throws things off and then they're inflamed too, until finally my whole hand hurts. Last spring I got to a point where I couldn't open a jar of peanut butter with that hand. Spent last summer in PT for it and now I'm back to just the one finger and it's manageable. I'm trying to keep my hand strength up and the inflammation down this time so I can keep it in just that finger for a while! I'm really not excited for what that hand will feel like in 30 years or so.

If you guys want to "shop online" I could post pictures of all the things I should be cleaning out of our house! :LOL: I have to have a garage sale but I hate doing it. Since the kids haven't been small enough to sell their clothes - like almost 30 years now - it seems like too much work for so little results. And price? Arg! This time I think I'll do Burma Shave-style signs telling people "I hate to price/so make your offer/and I'll put money/in my moving coffer."

Back
Top Bottom