"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #341
Executive Chef

snip--a heart attack?--at twenty-seven--oh no! do you still have a heart condition today? so sorry to hear that, snip.

i agree that you need support at home that you are apparently not getting. you deserve so much more, snip--insist on it! your present situation sounds untenable. nobody should have to wish for an injury or illness in order to get some relief and tlc. sometimes you just have to be your own top priority.:)

Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #342
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
snip--a heart attack?--at twenty-seven--oh no! do you still have a heart condition today? so sorry to hear that, snip.

i agree that you need support at home that you are apparently not getting. you deserve so much more, snip--insist on it! your present situation sounds untenable. nobody should have to wish for an injury or illness in order to get some relief and tlc. sometimes you just have to be your own top priority.:)
Don't feel bad for me V :) I'm a big girl, I can deal with it! I've worked hard my whole life and I'm used to it. Yes I am still on medication. Just need a break, alone if possible.
There are many people in this world that are worse off. I have 2 beautiful kids, food and a roof over my head. My husband cares, he's just a bit lazy.
Once I can find work I will hire a maid, scouts honour!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #343
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Don't feel bad for me V :) I'm a big girl, I can deal with it! I've worked hard my whole life and I'm used to it. Just need a break, alone if possible.
There are many people in this world that are worse off. I have 2 beautiful kids, food and a roof over my head. My husband cares, he's just a bit lazy.
Once I can find work I will hire a maid, scouts honour!
What kind of work are you looking for? Are you a trained pharmacist?
Old 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #344
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
What kind of work are you looking for? Are you a trained pharmacist?
I am trained but I am looking for something in Sales. I'm good at sales and I enjoy it. I've got some experience but the problem is that there is no work available in this town. I would do just about anything right now.
We only have one car at the moment so my work must either be walking distance or close to my husband's offices. I will also only be able to work till 5 pm so that I can fetch my children from aftercare.
I'll find something, I must just be patient. People will start resigning after December. Everyone is hanging on to their jobs till they get their bonus.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #345
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I am trained but I am looking for something in Sales. I'm good at sales and I enjoy it. I've got some experience but the problem is that there is no work available in this town. I would do just about anything right now.
We only have one car at the moment so my work must either be walking distance or close to my husband's offices. I will also only be able to work till 5 pm so that I can fetch my children from aftercare.
I'll find something, I must just be patient. People will start resigning after December. Everyone is hanging on to their jobs till they get their bonus.
Do the stores hire extra help for the Yuletide holidays? That's sometimes a way to get a foot in the door.

You wrote that you only have one car, so you have to walk (or work near your DH). Isn't there any public transportation? What about taxis?

Are there any agencies for temporary work?
Old 10-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #346
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Do the stores hire extra help for the Yuletide holidays? That's sometimes a way to get a foot in the door.

You wrote that you only have one car, so you have to walk (or work near your DH). Isn't there any public transportation? What about taxis?

Are there any agencies for temporary work?
I've handed my CV in for holiday jobs, will have to wait and see. Public transport is a no no. Only taxi's and unfortunetly white people are not exactly welcomed on public transport. Don't feel like getting murdered or raped. It's not safe for woman to travel on taxi's and we don't have buses or trains in Brakpan.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #347
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I've handed my CV in for holiday jobs, will have to wait and see. Public transport is a no no. Only taxi's and unfortunetly white people are not exactly welcomed on public transport. Don't feel like getting murdered or raped. It's not safe for woman to travel on taxi's and we don't have buses or trains in Brakpan.
Oh dear. It's been about 20 years since apartheid was abolished. I guess things haven't gotten that much better for non-whites yet, if the resentment is still that strong.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #348
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
right at this time, i am recovering from a compression fracture in my back, and having my meds delivered to me. hence the need for the pain pills in the first place, and the necessity for a pharmacy that can deliver. i cannot easily switch drug stores. i can count the pills in the presence of the delivery person, however, and in the privacy of my home.

the pharmacist, asked me in a real snide manner if i always count my pills. and actually, i don't--never even had a reason to question an rx before. but these vicodin are some HUGe horse pills. i had been getting a short squat pill bottle of 100 pills that filled the container. this time, the level looked noticably lower to me. even so, i was still surprised at the shortage--and even more so of my discovery of the second one.

i hate so much having to depend on other people anyway, especially for the most basic of services like this. i am soo ready to put an end to this latest, most disagreeable chapter of my so-called life....
I would have said, "Yes, I do since it's obvious you don't, somebody has to do it." But, then I am not the most subtle person when I get my dander up.

Compression Fx, no fun! I hope it gets better!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #349
Executive Chef

your lack of subtlety--one of your more endearing qualities, pf....:)
Old 10-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #350
Chef Extraordinaire

Hoping you are feeling a lot better real soon V

Quote:
right at this time, i am recovering from a compression fracture in my back, and having my meds delivered to me. hence the need for the pain pills in the first place, and the necessity for a pharmacy that can deliver. i cannot easily switch drug stores. i can count the pills in the presence of the delivery person, however, and in the privacy of my home.

the pharmacist, asked me in a real snide manner if i always count my pills. and actually, i don't--never even had a reason to question an rx before. but these vicodin are some HUGe horse pills. i had been getting a short squat pill bottle of 100 pills that filled the container. this time, the level looked noticably lower to me. even so, i was still surprised at the shortage--and even more so of my discovery of the second one.

i hate so much having to depend on other people anyway, especially for the most basic of services like this. i am soo ready to put an end to this latest, most disagreeable chapter of my so-called life....