"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #3491
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,045
I think I am suffering from post menopausal PMS. (Is there even such a thing?) I really do not want to go to Winthrop today. Every morning when I wake up it is still dark out and we haven't even turned the clocks back. If God is playing games with me, then he is winning. Isn't there a disorder regarding not getting enough light? Maybe that is what is wrong with me today.

As much as I love the ocean, it is this time of year I begin to wonder why. Sunday, sitting there on my scooter with just a light sweater on, we were only a half block from the water. The breeze was coming in from the ocean. The air temp said it was reasonably warm, the breeze gave me a different message. Today it is going to be the same thing. The building in Winthrop is just a couple of buildings from the ocean. I like to go out and sit there every so often to get away from all the folks inside. I will have to dress for that and not the real weather.

Anybody have a PMS pill for a crazy old lady?
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #3492
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,295
Heck, going to the doctor is the only social life I have...
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #3493
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Heck, going to the doctor is the only social life I have...
I will have to change my outlook. But it does get me out of my apartment.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #3494
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I think I am suffering from post menopausal PMS. (Is there even such a thing?) I really do not want to go to Winthrop today. Every morning when I wake up it is still dark out and we haven't even turned the clocks back. If God is playing games with me, then he is winning. Isn't there a disorder regarding not getting enough light? Maybe that is what is wrong with me today.

As much as I love the ocean, it is this time of year I begin to wonder why. Sunday, sitting there on my scooter with just a light sweater on, we were only a half block from the water. The breeze was coming in from the ocean. The air temp said it was reasonably warm, the breeze gave me a different message. Today it is going to be the same thing. The building in Winthrop is just a couple of buildings from the ocean. I like to go out and sit there every so often to get away from all the folks inside. I will have to dress for that and not the real weather.

Anybody have a PMS pill for a crazy old lady?
We all have those days, they help us appreciate the good ones!

Seasonal affective disorder or SAD is a form of depression associated with low light, usually in the winter months. I wonder if Uncle Fester suffered from SAD!





We are going to hit 80 today, it is windy and humid!

Today was my Doctor day, one of the more or less worthless visits that I have to drive 70 miles round trip for. I could have done it over the telephone with a nurse and saved us both a lot of bother. Oh well, it creates jobs!

A1C came in at 6.7!

I have to schedule another A1C in January, after all the temptations of the holidays!
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #3495
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
I have a very small vent. It's the shoe strings on my tennis shoes. They are so long even when I double knot them they are still way too long. I guess I'll just have to buy some shorter ones. Bummer.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #3496
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
A1C came in at 6.7!

I have to schedule another A1C in January, after all the temptations of the holidays!
Yay! Congratulations, that is hard to do!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #3497
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I have a very small vent. It's the shoe strings on my tennis shoes. They are so long even when I double knot them they are still way too long. I guess I'll just have to buy some shorter ones. Bummer.
Buy the elastic ones...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #3498
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Buy the elastic ones...
I thought you were kidding about elastic shoelaces. I looked it up on Amazon and there is such a thing. I will have to check them out.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:23 PM   #3499
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I thought you were kidding about elastic shoelaces. I looked it up on Amazon and there is such a thing. I will have to check them out.
Best thing, once you get them tied comfortably, it turns your shoes into slip-ons...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:31 PM   #3500
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Best thing, once you get them tied comfortably, it turns your shoes into slip-ons...
I should get some for my grandsons shoes, he doesn't untie his shoestrings, he just slips them on and off.
__________________

__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.