"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #3491
Chef Extraordinaire

I think I am suffering from post menopausal PMS. (Is there even such a thing?) I really do not want to go to Winthrop today. Every morning when I wake up it is still dark out and we haven't even turned the clocks back. If God is playing games with me, then he is winning. Isn't there a disorder regarding not getting enough light? Maybe that is what is wrong with me today.

As much as I love the ocean, it is this time of year I begin to wonder why. Sunday, sitting there on my scooter with just a light sweater on, we were only a half block from the water. The breeze was coming in from the ocean. The air temp said it was reasonably warm, the breeze gave me a different message. Today it is going to be the same thing. The building in Winthrop is just a couple of buildings from the ocean. I like to go out and sit there every so often to get away from all the folks inside. I will have to dress for that and not the real weather.

Anybody have a PMS pill for a crazy old lady?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #3492
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Heck, going to the doctor is the only social life I have...

Old 10-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #3493
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Heck, going to the doctor is the only social life I have...
I will have to change my outlook. But it does get me out of my apartment.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #3494
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I think I am suffering from post menopausal PMS. (Is there even such a thing?) I really do not want to go to Winthrop today. Every morning when I wake up it is still dark out and we haven't even turned the clocks back. If God is playing games with me, then he is winning. Isn't there a disorder regarding not getting enough light? Maybe that is what is wrong with me today.

As much as I love the ocean, it is this time of year I begin to wonder why. Sunday, sitting there on my scooter with just a light sweater on, we were only a half block from the water. The breeze was coming in from the ocean. The air temp said it was reasonably warm, the breeze gave me a different message. Today it is going to be the same thing. The building in Winthrop is just a couple of buildings from the ocean. I like to go out and sit there every so often to get away from all the folks inside. I will have to dress for that and not the real weather.

Anybody have a PMS pill for a crazy old lady?
We all have those days, they help us appreciate the good ones!

Seasonal affective disorder or SAD is a form of depression associated with low light, usually in the winter months. I wonder if Uncle Fester suffered from SAD!

We are going to hit 80 today, it is windy and humid!

Today was my Doctor day, one of the more or less worthless visits that I have to drive 70 miles round trip for. I could have done it over the telephone with a nurse and saved us both a lot of bother. Oh well, it creates jobs!

A1C came in at 6.7!

I have to schedule another A1C in January, after all the temptations of the holidays!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #3495
Master Chef

I have a very small vent. It's the shoe strings on my tennis shoes. They are so long even when I double knot them they are still way too long. I guess I'll just have to buy some shorter ones. Bummer.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #3496
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
A1C came in at 6.7!

I have to schedule another A1C in January, after all the temptations of the holidays!
Yay! Congratulations, that is hard to do!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #3497
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I have a very small vent. It's the shoe strings on my tennis shoes. They are so long even when I double knot them they are still way too long. I guess I'll just have to buy some shorter ones. Bummer.
Buy the elastic ones...
Old 10-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #3498
Master Chef

Quote:
Buy the elastic ones...
I thought you were kidding about elastic shoelaces. I looked it up on Amazon and there is such a thing. I will have to check them out.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:23 PM   #3499
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I thought you were kidding about elastic shoelaces. I looked it up on Amazon and there is such a thing. I will have to check them out.
Best thing, once you get them tied comfortably, it turns your shoes into slip-ons...
Old 10-14-2014, 11:31 PM   #3500
Master Chef

Quote:
Best thing, once you get them tied comfortably, it turns your shoes into slip-ons...
I should get some for my grandsons shoes, he doesn't untie his shoestrings, he just slips them on and off.