Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, "fingers on all the wrong keys" perfectly describes what most tweets look like! :LOL: Probably because a lot of those posting just can't get their point across in 140 characters or less - your limit per "tweet". I've thought about signing up for Twitter just to follow a couple sports writers but never bothered. I have enough time-wasters going on in my life as it is. Besides, the only tweets that are really important to me are when our town has needed to notify us during power outages, and I can read those same tweets on the town's website. The idea of tweeting for the sake of it seems so self-absorbed and narcissistic

No I didn't. So I apologize for being flippant. I thought maybe you hand your fingers on all the wrong keys. :angel:

That's o.k.-----in one thread a couple or more of us were flippantly speaking Latin (and I took it a step further and posted in Klingon!) It was 'sanitized'(that's the term used) and those posts were deleted. :LOL::LOL:

Maybe it was thought that I was cussing ----- in Klingon??? Doesn't everything in Klingon sound like cussing? :LOL:

I learned Klingon by watching The Big Bang Theory.

For the last two days anything I eat brings a bitter taste in my moth, even a glass of water. Weird. Anybody heard of such thing?

Are you on different medications, Charlie? Any dental work lately?

Last edited:
For the last two days anything I eat brings a bitter taste in my moth, even a glass of water. Weird. Anybody heard of such thing?

As a couple of others ask---- always suspect a new medicine or supplement.

Yesterday, I was informed that my OLDEST grandchild is 37 now. How did that happen when I am only 36 myself! My youngest grandchild is 4 years old. That is quite a spread. My oldest great grandchild is 17. And the youngest is four.

Well I keep telling folks how bad I am with math. Even simple addition. :angel:

(((Hugs PF)))

Mine would have been turning 22 in July. It doesn't hurt so much anymore, but Mother's Day still isn't my favourite day.

Mother's Day I can handle. This past Sunday, my daughter and I were talking about Memorial Day weekend. Every year it is the most difficult time of the year for us. My youngest daughter was murdered and left behind five children. Because it was a holiday weekend, they held her body over the holiday before they did the autopsy. And then the police wanted her body held for an extra 24 hours. Didn't they realize how difficult it was on the whole family waiting to bury her? And to have five small children asking where is their mother only added to it.

The first year was so difficult. I took custody of the oldest. Trying to deal with her grief and my own at the same time left us both living in the pits of despair. I finally had the good common sense to look for help for both of us.

Her youngest one was only an infant and doesn't remember anything about her mother. It has only been the last year of so that she even found out that she is adopted. She called me one day and needed to know some of the family's medical history. She has come to visit me a couple of times. She has felt so confused over the years. She knew who and what relation her sisters are to her, but couldn't figure out why they had a different mother than her. I blame her adopted mother for never telling her the truth. But I keep my mouth shut on that one. That was not my call to make.

Finally one day when she came for a visit, we sat down together and I told her the whole truth. We talked for about three hours. I also told her, if she ever had any questions, about herself or the family, all she had to do was ask, and I would never lie to her. Good bad or indifferent, I would always tell her the truth. And I have kept my word. Both she and her middle sister had been adopted by the same family. Her adopted mother told the other four kids that they were to never tell Alligator the truth. What a terrible burden to place on children. And they never did. I am the one who told her the first time about being adopted. When she was about three years old, her adopted father dropped dead when he got up for work one morning. Another loss for the two youngest girls. As much as Alligator loves her adopted mother, she now harbors some resentment towards her for never telling her the truth.

Family secrets are a bad thing to try to keep hidden. Too many folks get hurt. Mainly the children.

It has been 15 years now and at least we can sit around and tell funny stories about her. We still have laughter in our lives. :angel:

No new meds, nothing. My wife read somewhere that pine nuts would do that. Witch I had some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Remember that knob to my mixer that got lost? Well of course the new one came today in the mail right after I found the lost one. Isn't that always the way? :angel:

Remember that knob to my mixer that got lost? Well of course the new one came today in the mail right after I found the lost one. Isn't that always the way? :angel:

Next time you can say I don't need you anyways. It will reappear in no time.

I lost mine once. Found it in the flour sack. One of those days. :ohmy:

ebay's database was hacked WEEKS ago, potentially affecting 145 million ebay users, and i am just now hearing about it online?!! so much for my 'security conscious' ebay i was praising just a short while ago. i guess we all need to be changing our passwords--if it's not too late, that is...thanks a bunch, ebay, for being such a turtle.

I don't even know my password. I think I used it twice, a while ago. Now what?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

ebay's database was hacked WEEKS ago, potentially affecting 145 million ebay users, and i am just now hearing about it online?!! so much for my 'security conscious' ebay i was praising just a short while ago. i guess we all need to be changing our passwords--if it's not too late, that is...thanks a bunch, ebay, for being such a turtle.
I've been meaning to post about that here all day. Yeah, where's my email telling me about this?

I changed my password last night, but it was hard to find the link to change it. Here it is:

https://fyp.ebay.com/EnterUserInfo

in the latest drive-by shooting in santa barbara, california, we have a case of afluenza, a well-off young college student, elliot rodgers, armed with a sporty late model beemer, three guns, and a misogynistic and mentally disturbed mindset, killed six people and sent another half dozen to the hospital. despite posting violent, strange and threatening videos on the social media, elliot was able to legally purchase three guns, and shortly before the retribution shooting event, to convince the police that he was not a threat to himself or others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom