"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #3571
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Ouch, Dawg...sure hope your neck pain eases up soon. I hate when that happens, especially if I have to drive.

Hmmm...Kayelle, I'll have to check our local Rite Aid and see if they've eliminated shopping carts. I don't go there very often and when I do, it's only for a few things, so I've never really noticed. Curious now.
This is a one horse town Addie, certainly not Boston. I'm sure it's not a RiteAid policy to get rid of shopping carts, but it ticked me off with that kind of "oh well" attitude. I did report the store number and complaint just as I wrote it above, so we'll see.

Whoops.....you're in a one horse town also Cheryl.....I thought I was responding to Addie. lol You have shopping carts?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #3572
Master Chef

Yep, K....a one horse town and sometimes not even that....a couple of burros.
I'll have to check our RiteAid as far as shopping carts.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #3573
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Did something to my neck from below the ears to around the bottom of the back of skull and down the neck....
Sorry you have a sore and stiff neck. Himself is getting over one, but he certainly knows how his happened. He slipped in the shower! I had my earplugs and, sound asleep down the hall, didn't hear a thing. Maybe he needs an "I've fallen and I can't get up" button.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:39 AM   #3574
Chef Extraordinaire

there were a lot of medium length hairs in the shower making it slippery, wasn't there.

that woulda been my excuse.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:59 AM   #3575
Master Chef

Can't blame me. In over 14 years of living here I've never used the shower. With only two people in the house and two full-size bathrooms, we decided the happiest thing in the world would be a bathroom for Himself (the one off the master bedroom, with the shower stall) and I'd take the one with the tub. But all I do is shower in it. I just like all the extra room.

Life is better this way. Himself always lets a family of ducks play in the sink whenever he uses it. The counter is always wet all over. And then I lean against it and I'm wet all over. Life is good with His and Hers bathrooms.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:19 AM   #3576
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Did something to my neck from below the ears to around the bottom of the back of skull and down the neck. I have no idea what. It started yesterday with just some stiffness, then progressively got worse. The pain was severe enough that I only got an hour and a half of sporadic sleep, tried both lying down and sitting upright, and can't turn or nod my head without pain. Lovely. Aleve took some of the edge off this morning after aspirin didn't do anything. What a PITA.
A number of years ago I had the same thing. My neck froze so that my head was tilted sideways. I had to go for physical therapy. The therapist showed me a trick that has kept me free of neck pain for more than 35 years now. Whenever I think my neck is going to get a cramp, I tuck my chin into my chest. It loosens up the neck muscles instantly.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:23 AM   #3577
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Grrrr...

I walk into one of the two chain drug stores we have in town and ask where are the shopping carts. He answered we don't have them anymore. "Why not? "I say. "Because everybody keeps taking them" says him. "Why don't you get more"? "Because they cost a lot of money" he says. I say "I planned on spending a lot of money here, but I'll go to the other drug store that has shopping carts."
Guess who's writing a letter to Rite Aid Drug Stores Inc. ?
Almost every building in Boston that has more than one floor and an elevator, has a shopping cart on the premises. We have two in this building. Building managers can sometimes call the stores and have them picked up. But for the most part, they stay where they are. One store said they considered it part of the expense of staying in business.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:29 AM   #3578
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Yep, K....a one horse town and sometimes not even that....a couple of burros.
I'll have to check our RiteAid as far as shopping carts.
Our Rite Aid has five stairs to get up to the next level and pharmacy. Has to be the smallest drug store I have ever seen. And the lift for the handicap is a joke. Most of the time it doesn't work. And the aisles are so narrow, I doubt a shopping cart would fit in one.

Has anyone in town considered having the burro carry your purchases up and down the aisles?
Old 10-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #3579
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Can't blame me. In over 14 years of living here I've never used the shower. With only two people in the house and two full-size bathrooms, we decided the happiest thing in the world would be a bathroom for Himself (the one off the master bedroom, with the shower stall) and I'd take the one with the tub. But all I do is shower in it. I just like all the extra room.

Life is better this way. Himself always lets a family of ducks play in the sink whenever he uses it. The counter is always wet all over. And then I lean against it and I'm wet all over. Life is good with His and Hers bathrooms.
Rob likes to have just about everything out on the counter, I like things tidy, we have separate bathrooms and it's wonderful!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #3580
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I want separate bathrooms...