Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skunk update: the urine seems to work. Of course, the skunk may just have been wandering elsewhere last night. I'll put out more urine after it rains. Fingers crossed.

Good luck with that taxy. I hate skunky smells. We had one (or more?) that thought our first house was THEIR house. Every night the skunk(s) would walk all around the house, busy marking the foundation with their scent. No A/C in that house either, so it was wide-open windows every summer night! :sick:

No skunky smells so far. I'm just worried about it trying to dig under the patio stone on Shreddy's grave. I do not want to bits of Shreddy in my yard. :eek:

Maybe a few patio stone pavers and a large pot with a plant in it on top of the "patio" might work as a deterrent. If all else fails, replace the plant with a chair, with you sitting in it and a shotgun on your lap. :LOL:

Maybe a few patio stone pavers and a large pot with a plant in it on top of the "patio" might work as a deterrent. If all else fails, replace the plant with a chair, with you sitting in it and a shotgun on your lap. :LOL:
There is a large, heavy patio stone, but the skunk tries to dig under it. It has gotten a few inches under it. Skunks are quite good diggers.

They only come out at night, so I would have to sit there a long time and I think I would get a lot of stinky bits if I used a shotgun on a skunk. :ermm: :LOL:

Not to mention, I don't own a shotgun, I don't have a gun handler's permit, I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to discharge a firearm in this city.

I find that Vitamin B complex is a boon for when you need more energy (e.g. through lack of sleep). It is an established nerve tonic and stops you feeling irritable. You do need to keep replenishing through the day though if very low on energy. They take about 90 mins to "kick in" and last almost 3 hours.

(If you have a yeast condition, e.g. candida, dandruff, athlete's foot) then you can buy them yeast free.

I find that Vitamin B complex is a boon for when you need more energy (e.g. through lack of sleep). It is an established nerve tonic and stops you feeling irritable. You do need to keep replenishing through the day though if very low on energy. They take about 90 mins to "kick in" and last almost 3 hours.

(If you have a yeast condition, e.g. candida, dandruff, athlete's foot) then you can buy them yeast free.
Lavender oil from the chemists or the health food shop (diluted with ordinary oil if it's the essential oil). A dab under your nose and on your wrist pressure points when you go to bed works wonders. Well, it does for me, anyway. Also a warm bath with lavender oil works too.

Lavender oil from the chemists or the health food shop (diluted with ordinary oil if it's the essential oil). A dab under your nose and on your wrist pressure points when you go to bed works wonders. Well, it does for me, anyway. Also a warm bath with lavender oil works too.
Yes, that would help prevent insomnia. I was addressing how to stay energised once you hadn't slept well, i.e. during the day ....Vit B complex is a real boon for that.

Do the sizes on clothes mean anything?

So I go into one store and see a couple shirts that I like, they don't look generously sized so I grab the XL on both of them. Try them both on and they fit my chest like a sausage casing (this is a common problem with me and shirts). So I find a 2X in one of the shirts and try that on, it looks like a circus tent! Honestly it looked double the size.

I go to another store and see a couple more shirts that I like, I pick up 2-large shirts, and go to try them on. They fit, and have a little room to spare. I'll get them tailored a bit for a better fit.

Today I learned, I have no idea what size I wear.

Last edited:
Do the sizes on clothes mean anything?

So I go into one store and see a couple shirts that I like, they don't look generously sized so I grab the XL on both of them. Try them both on and they fit my chest like a sausage casing (this is a common problem with me and shirts). So I find a 2X in one of the shirts and try that on, it looks like a circus tent! Honestly it looked double the size.

I go to another store and see a couple more shirts that I like, I pick up 2-large shirts, and go to try them on. They fit, and have a little room to spare. I'll get them tailored a bit for a better fit.

Today I learned, I have no idea what size I wear.

I share your pain!

I go for the companies that use vanity sizing, everything they make seems to be one size larger than the label indicates.

It's easier, for me, than dieting! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm finding Chaps seems to fit around the chest without looking too much like a tent.

Athletic cut seems to fit DH, it's bigger in the chest with a more tapered waist. Though he doesn't need it as much as he used to :LOL:

My issue is a little lower. I need the tent around the waist.

That is called a dress...:rolleyes:

Totally exhausted. My sleep problems are a combination of age, chronic insomnia for years and a restless ogre. I know the rubber mallet will take care of one of those problems;)

Back
Top Bottom