Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Psst, Addie, do we need to take up a collection for a baby gift for Andy? :huh:

...My sleep problems are a combination of age, chronic insomnia for years and a restless ogre. I know the rubber mallet will take care of one of those problems;)
So will a spare bed. I love sleeping alone. After all, once our Other Half is asleep the party is over, so why not get a good night's rest?

I woke up during the night and my Cpap had stopped working. I tried to get it going again, and then noticed that the clock was out....along with our electricity. I looked out to see if the nieghbors has lights, but from our battery clock I could see that it was 4AM. Everyone was still asleep! I called the electric company and reported it to a recorded message. Within 15 min the electric came back on. I looked out again and saw a light in the window of a neighbor who has an adult daughter with Systic Fibrosis....maybe she sleeps with electrical equipment that sets off an alarm when the power goes out and possibly they had called before me. The power had been out for an hour. I'm so glad it came back on because my grandson is coming for a visit today and no electricity with a 5 year old on a rainy day would not be fun.

So will a spare bed. I love sleeping alone. After all, once our Other Half is asleep the party is over, so why not get a good night's rest?

I really don't like sleeping alone, cats are fine but I want the ogre.

Looks like it. That third month is when you can't go anywhere because nothing fits you. But then all of a sudden when it is time to shop for maternity clothes, you can dress faster than your partner. :angel:

BC, I feel your pain. I live with this too. L, XL, XXL can vary quite a bit from company to company. I try to stick to one or two vendors that I can depend on.
In women's clothing price often comes into it. Manufacturers of less expensive ranges tend to skimp on fabric and under-size their product and at the other end of the spectrum makers tend to be more generous. This isn't set in stone of course.

Really, "small", "medium" , "large", etc., doesn't mean anything unless you know what the manufacturer means by it.

I too stick with names that I know will fit me properly. My biggest complaint is tops. I never buy front button tops. I get gapitis. If I buy a top that doesn't gap at the buttons, then the shoulders are too big. If I buy to fit my shoulders, I get the dreaded gapitis! And then being as tall as I am, EVERYTHING I buy has to be altered. It's a good thing I learned to sew as a kid. (My father taught me.) Of course there is a benefit to that problem. Because I am under 4'10" tall, I am considered a legal midget according to the rules of the IRS. It is a medical condition. Should I have to pay someone to alter my clothing, it is tax deductible as a medical expense. Only once did I ever have enough in medical expenses that I could list, was I able to take advantage of that little quirk. :angel:

Hiccups - I have them right now and I can barely type without errors.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Remember, it is not that you are making mistakes typing, it is the keys fault. They keep moving around and jumping under the wrong fingers. :angel:

Doesn't anyone check to see if things are true before pasting them on FaceBook? Three of my cousins posted this today:

10256953_1482404708655173_9115989789244265213_n.jpg

It's bogus Next time that happens in August is in 2025. It will happen in May next year.

Feng Shui? Since when has Feng Shui been about chain letters? The Chinese had a 10 day week, so if this is Chinese, it isn't all that old. Aarg!

snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages is you friend.

Gotta love it. I remember a convoluted set of calculations based on the year number with adding, multiplying and dividing that resulted in your age. The caution was that THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR THIS WILL EVER WORK! Rubbish. All you had to do was change one number in the calculation and it would work every year.

Gotta love it. I remember a convoluted set of calculations based on the year number with adding, multiplying and dividing that resulted in your age. The caution was that THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR THIS WILL EVER WORK! Rubbish. All you had to do was change one number in the calculation and it would work every year.
This reminds me of the Golden Numbers used to calculate when Easter falls. When I was twelve my grandmother bought me a copy of the Book of Common Prayer - then the form of service used in the Church of England - which gave the calculations. Maths not being my strong point I sat through the sermons on 2 consequetive Sundays trying to work out when the Easter eggs would start arriving before deciding it would be easier to look in my diary.:rolleyes:

Easy peasy! Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. :wacko:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom