"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #3701
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Electronics is one of my pet peeves at my local Walmart. There is usually just one clerk, and everything is locked up and if the clerk gets stuck at the register, you're out of luck.

If I'm out of printer ink, I need it, but I never go to the store without a list of other things I need, all at the other end of the store. Standing around waiting and waiting just makes my back hurt more and more.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #3702
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Speaking of electronics...

I VERY much dislike ANY #Apple device!
We changed our email address and tried to change that with our AppleID for all three, yes I said 3 different Apple devices.
What a [expletive] nightmare!
I still haven't got it figured out all of the way, but mostly and at the least the dang things will work now were as for the past week they did not.

If I had my way, DH would NOT have any of these three pains in my katooches, oy!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #3703
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I agree that the smile and thank you are nice, but that doesn't pay my utilities. I would rather do my own service and pay less. Everyone has different priorities, and no one person is wrong.
I agree, I usually do my own research and likely know more about the product than the clerk at the store does. I'll often stand in a store and google a product, look at user reviews and prices to see if it's priced right.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #3704
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Another reason why I order practically everything on-line these days.......except for groceries, beer, nuts & bolts, and lumber.
I haven't bought a single gift in a store yet this christmas, just so much easier to order online. If I can manage to stay out of the post office, that would be wonderful too!

Old 12-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #3705
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
Speaking of electronics...

I VERY much dislike ANY #Apple device!
We changed our email address and tried to change that with our AppleID for all three, yes I said 3 different Apple devices.
What a [expletive] nightmare!
I still haven't got it figured out all of the way, but mostly and at the least the dang things will work now were as for the past week they did not.

If I had my way, DH would NOT have any of these three pains in my katooches, oy!

Do you have an Apple store near you? Make an appointment at the genius bar and take your three devices to them. They'll fix them for free. Easy peasy.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #3706
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Do you have an Apple store near you? Make an appointment at the genius bar and take your three devices to them. They'll fix them for free. Easy peasy.
hmmm, went there (after the first year of ownership was up) and they wanted too much money, (and don't get me started about these so called "Geniuses") when if I had great patience and time, I can 'Google' the answer to the problem with the correct wording of the question. Of course this may take me a week to complete... oy! my sanity I DON'T LIKE APPLE!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:29 AM   #3707
Master Chef

The sales floor IS the warehouse. Just a loading dock in the back of the building. As the trucks come in the stockers stock shelves all day long. They're really not there to help customers, they're not trained for that, besides, most of them are not good dealing with people anyway.....you don't want to interrupt them while they're "working"....LOL
Old 12-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #3708
Master Chef

Quote:
...I DON'T LIKE APPLE!
As far as Himself is concerned, the only good Apple is one you can eat.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:26 AM   #3709
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
hmmm, went there (after the first year of ownership was up) and they wanted too much money, (and don't get me started about these so called "Geniuses") when if I had great patience and time, I can 'Google' the answer to the problem with the correct wording of the question. Of course this may take me a week to complete... oy! my sanity I DON'T LIKE APPLE!
Apple is great as long as you stay in their ecosystem, but trying to migrate out of it can be tricky, but that is all part of their strategy.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:38 AM   #3710
Master Chef

Quote:

Go figure. I was only happy to get rid off my Samsung phones and get Apple. I had to go to store and use the help. The guy was very patient with me, explain everything in a simple language, helped setting up all the apps I needed. Now it is so much easier and so much more user friendly than Android. To each its own.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking