Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Truth.

Attachments

• 1405896414242.jpg
    1405896414242.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 167
Easy peasy! Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. :wacko:
Yes, but that requires that you know when the first full moon after the vernal equinox is. The golden numbers allow you to work out when Easter Sunday falls on any year up to 50 years ahead IIRC.

Last edited:
I keep getting texts and robocalls from a phone company that isn't mine. They are telling me they are going to be doing my requested repair before 9PM today. I tried replying that I was not their customer, but that didn't change anything. Finally, I called the company and talked to a tech who said they probably keyed in the wrong contact number for the person. He said he would try to track it back to my cell phone number but couldn't promise anything. I guess I will just continue to get these messages until the person's repairs are done. Meanwhile, they are not getting any notifications!

It always seems to go like this! Weather forecast - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,, or partly cloudy. I order materials to replace my roof last week. I tear off the shingles on a nice Monday day. Roof materials arrive on Tuesday, as ordered. Morning - sunny, project is going very well. Got the first layer of EPDM rubber roof down. Glue has to be applied to dray surface of roof, and to rubber, allowed to dry, and then put the rubber in place. Clouds roll in. It rains for 10 minutes. Can't do any more. Hope the bad weather blows over. Unroll more rubber to protect my house from more rain. Use it like a tarp. Put 5 gallon glue containers in strategic places to hold it down. The wind picks up and nearly blows the rubber off, sends one unopened glue pail 2 stories to the ground where the top comes of and spills half the pail. Fortunately, I bought extra. Day is shot.

Weather forecast for today is sunny. Woke up to overcast, wind is gone at least. It's supposed to start clearing up by noon. I was supposed to have the rented ladder back to the hardware store by 9 a.m. Instead, I'll have to start the project again at 10 a.m., when the sun can help dry the glue. This should have been a two day project. It was so easy when the weather was good. Prayers have been said. I guess this just was supposed to be one of my challenges to overcome. But hey, I saved $1000 by doing it myself.

1 scary incident: walked on a place where the glue had been applied before it started raining. It was dry. Had to gather some of the rubber roof and maneuver it into place. It started raining. The roof became as slippery as ice. I was on the west edge of the roof, right on the edge. My feet went out from under me and I fell straight down onto the roof. Fortunately, my clothing provided sufficient friction to prevent me from sliding further westward and off of the roof, or Northward to slide off of the down-slopping roof. Had to crawl to an area with no glue as standing was not an option. I'm still alive and kicking, and the judo falling techniques are still working. Those judo classes have saved me from so much pain and injury over the years.

Anyways, If the weather people are correct, I should be able to complete this project today. I would have been able to complete it safely yesterday except for the rain and wind.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief, this is why we learned to call the roofing company. Our last one was covered by home owners insurance....hail damage.

The pain in my left hip and the base of my spine has been the same for more than ten years. All of a sudden this past week, it has increased to right across from my left hip to my spine and on to my right hip. But now it is also going down my left leg right into my calf. And it is not a sometimes pain. It has been around the clock for this past week.

This pain was diagnosed as a circulation problem. What I don't understand is if the pulse in both my feet is strong, then how can it be a circulation problem. According to the Cath Lab, they can not do anything else to help me. I already have five stents. And two of them are in my groin, one on each side. The Vicodin is not doing it anymore. I can either stand or lay down. To sit only increases the pain. I am going to Winthrop tomorrow and I need some answers. What has happened this past week, to cause so much change in my pain level. I can barely walk. And I am determined that I will not go back into that wheelchair again. :angel:

Now on top of everything, I get a call from Poo last night. He wanted to know if I had heard anything about him from anyone. No I hadn't.

It seems he went down to NJ for a short vacation. He became very ill. The person he was with called one of his friends in Vermont and that friend called the ambulance company from Vermont to go get him. It seems he had advanced pneumonia and they rushed him to the hospital. Poo said at one point he was 30 minutes from dying. He was in ICU for five days. When he got discharged, two of his friends from Vermont, drove down to NJ and brought him home. One of them drove his vehicle back. He will be out of work for several weeks while he recovers and get his strength back. I asked him why wasn't I notified. He told me that he didn't want anyone to call me as there was nothing I could do with him in NJ.

It never ends. It was a good thing both Spike and The Pirate were here with me when Poo called me. I am going to call Poo later today when I am calmer.

Good grief. Just because your kids are grown and out the door on their own, doesn't mean they still don't need you. The worries never stop. :angel:

Your'e right Addie, once a parent, always a parent, even when you can see your grown kids being stubborn, and hard to deal with (roofing project:LOL:
In any case, I only suffered some sore muscles, and a scraped up leg when a bone-headed neighbor helped me get the 35 foot ladder off of the house, and onto the ground. He insisted I let my end drop, I said it's not a good idea, he demanded I let it drop. I did. He acted as a pivot point, as in the center section of a see-saw. My end went skyward, caught my pantleg, and hoisted me into the air. I landed on my back, all good, judo techniques still work fine. But the bottom of the ladder scraped up my left shin in a couple of places. There's a couple of scabs in the making. To change an old "HeeHaw" line - if it weren't for bad help, I'd have no help at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on me.":LOL:

The roof is done. The ladder has been taken back to the hardware store, for an extra day's rent (stupid weather) of $24. But it's done, and is supposed to be good for 40 years. I'll be 98 by the time it needs to be replaced again. I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

This morning my DC notifications started appearing in my Spam folder again, along with an email from my DIL, whose emails have gone into my regular mailbox for years. I logged off and back on again. We'll see if that helps like it did last time. Is AOL playing games with me again?

Logging off and back on didn't help, but as of this morning my notifications AND emails from my DIL are back where they belong. I give up trying to understand why.

yesterday out of blue the crack appear in the glass on my Galaxy 3, then all of a sudden 3 or 4 more showed up. Ok, I understand if I dropped the phone or something, but out of the blue? I do not know. The phone is working just fine, but i'm afraid it is not going to last long. I honestly have not been happy with it after I switched from iPhone. Looking forward switching back to iPhone, I only wish stupid Apple would just come out and say it already when the new is coming out. Roomers have it that it is going to be a big phone, the only reason I switched to Galaxy to begin with. It's kind of annoying. Really.

Last night my cable company went on the disabled list for my computer. I can still get my TV service though. So I can't access any files through Comcast. So irritating. Spike stopped by for this nightly visit and said his was down also. It has been 24 hours. There had better be an adjustment on my bill.

When Spike came I was sleeping. Teddy jumped up on my bed and barked right in my ear. That woke me right up. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom