Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I scan all kinds of things these days, rather than store more reams of paper. Although you wouldn't know it from looking at my office ;)
:LOL:
I scan all sorts of stuff and get as many of my bills electronically as possible. It's easier to find stuff on my computer.

I keep all my receipts, but they do fade. Does the plastic wrap keep that from happening?

So far it has worked for me. I will know over the long run come some day. I have the one for the TV taped so that the print faces the solid part and not out toward the light. I think without the plastic film, the dust also can eat away at the print. :angel:

When I make a major purchase, I tape the receipt on the back or bottom of the item. When I got rid of my last TV, the receipt was still there. But very yellow with age and the ink had faded. So now I wrap the receipt in plastic wrap first. :angel:
I do the same and include the "user manual." Addie, are you sure we are not twins separated at birth or that I'm not your sister by another mother? Maybe the one doing the genealogy research could check into that?:LOL::angel:

Last edited:
I do the same and include the "user manual." Addie, are you sure we are not twins separated at birth or that I'm not your sister by another mother? Maybe the one doing the genealogy research could check into that?:LOL::angel:

I have an expanding file folder that I keep all the manuals in. When I give away something I always include the manual. I gave Spike my electric slicer and food saver recently. He also got the manuals with them. "I don't need any manuals. I know what I am doing." Typical Spike reaction. "Take the manuals or your don't get them." He took the manuals. I surprised myself that I still had the manual for the slicer. I bought that before Poo was even thought of. And he is 43 this month.

I do think we are sisters through a previous life. And twins at that. Every so often I will find a manual in that folder of something that was completely broken and I tossed the item long ago. Remember the oral thermometers with the silver in them? Well I recently found the paper work for one of them. And to think I dragged that manual and receipt all over the country with me. I am not a pack rat. I just like to keep my paperwork in order. I still have my old glucose monitor that I hate along with the paperwork. And it has a brand spanking new battery in it. I am thinking of taking it to the homeless shelter for women here in my neighborhood. I have seen some of the women coming out of there and I know some of them have to got have Type 2 diabetes. And I can afford to supply a couple of containers of strips and lancets.

I am in the process of slowly cleaning out the house of a lot of stuff I don't need any more or use. I am trimming down my life. :angel:

What's the deal with re-releasing old movies to mainstream theaters? Last week it was GhostBusters, this week Forrest Gump is opening. I tell ya what, with all the stinkers being made now, Hollywood is trying to salvage anything they can I suppose.

Rotten Tomatoes: Movies | TV Shows | Movie Trailers | Reviews

Nostalgia, people that saw these movies when they were young, can now take their kids to see them and have the movie theater experience. Then there are some people who for nostalgia's sake just like to see them on the big screen again. It costs the company almost nothing to re-release the movie, so it's almost pure profit!

My petty vent....I went to the grocery store today and forgot to replenish my beloved ice cream. Now that I've had a glass of wine, I cannot get behind the wheel and go get some. :( :(

My petty vent....I went to the grocery store today and forgot to replenish my beloved ice cream. Now that I've had a glass of wine, I cannot get behind the wheel and go get some. :( :(

Sit back, mellow out and enjoy your wine. The ice cream will be there when you are able to drive. Not to fret! :angel:

someone snuck into my garden and stole a bunch of bell peppers. this is the second time i've noticed. there were at least 5 or 6 beauties just about to turn red.

you know, if it's someone who needs the food, i don't mind. not even the stealing part as i guess needing food might be embarrassing. but do they have to break entire braches off, thus killing any more production from the plant.

grrr.

i wish they would be curious about, then steal some of the ghost chiles.
that way i could find them by the hopping around, waving at their mouth and screaming.

no, most animals don't completely remove the entire fruit or veggie and leave no trace, nor do they snap branches in an upward motion. :mad:

i had a pretty good haul today nonetheless:

img_1385696_0_bff344e7073a5ffa2a4f6dc72e5d6308.jpg

img_1385696_1_3684d54d4b9cf0c038d9fa172b3400d1.jpg

img_1385696_2_827515035460194e0a0dd3a1f8788e4d.jpg

Last edited:
someone snuck into my garden and stole a bunch of bell peppers. this is the second time i've noticed. there were at least 5 or 6 beauties just about to turn red.

you know, if it's someone who needs the food, i don't mind. not even the stealing part as i guess needing food might be embarrassing. but do they have to break entire braches off, thus killing any more production from the plant.

grrr.

i wish they would be curious about, then steal some of the ghost chiles.
that way i could find them by the hopping around, waving at their mouth and screaming.

buckytom, what do you use the ghost chiles in? Isn't that one of the hottest peppers there is? Adam on Man V Food always had a terrible time trying to eat them.

Yes, BT, how to you use your ghost peppers. I use mine in chili, and to show off as I can eat them without pain. I grew some habanero peppers this year that, for whatever reason, seem to be hotter than my ghost peppers, and with a concentrated pepper flavor as well. I've been using them very sparingly. They're great when added to brothy soups. They're also pretty tasty in bean soup.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My grandson was being bullied in his photo class today. The boy was kicking and shovlng him. He didn't know that one of their classmates was using a video camera and was filming what was happening. They took the film to the the office to show them what had happened. The bully was put on immediate detention and will be there all week and if anything else happens there will be more punishment. I am so glad it was on film. Un believeable.

My grandson was being bullied in his photo class today. The boy was kicking and shovlng him. He didn't know that one of their classmates was using a video camera and was filming what was happening. They took the film to the the office to show them what had happened. The bully was put on immediate detention and will be there all week and if anything else happens there will be more punishment. I am so glad it was on film. Un believeable.
Poor kid, but, yay for video.

Back
Top Bottom