"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #3821
Master Chef

Same here!

Old 01-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #3822
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
When the kid dropped it putting it into my truck I would have returned it right then and there.
I should have but after waiting so long for that one I just didn't have it in me, I probably broke it when I dropped it, but it all blew up in my face anyway...
I have bad luck with TV's, I was wiring an above center speaker in once and my brother handed me a glass of whiskey, I took a sip and went to hand it back and spilt it in the TV I was balancing over. Another time I went to toss a blanket into a basket we have near our fireplace, it opened up and caught the corner of the tv making it turn sideways on its mount, so that wasn't so bad until I walked over and went to pull the blanket off, the tv spun all the way around and fell from the mount, broke the tv and pushed the fireplace glass out of the gasket... What a mess that was, it was the original reason I was buying a new tv...

Old 01-29-2015, 11:13 PM   #3823
Sous Chef

Oh wow! Yesterday a lady returned cat litter (USED) because it didn't clump like she thought it would, so she had to show us. Ick!!
Old 01-31-2015, 02:22 PM   #3824
Executive Chef

We just got a new 50 inch TV and I'm a nervous wreck worrying that my 6 year old grandson will either throw something or bump into it and knock it over. All the years raising our kids we never had a TV incident. (Knock on wood!)
Old 01-31-2015, 02:28 PM   #3825
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
We just got a new 50 inch TV and I'm a nervous wreck worrying that my 6 year old grandson will either throw something or bump into it and knock it over. All the years raising our kids we never had a TV incident. (Knock on wood!)
If you have the tv on a table type stand and not hung on the wall, I would DEFINITELY buy a TV strap from either Quake hold or mono price amazon should have plenty to choose from and they are under from $9-20 so not much of an investment to protect your expensive TV and more importantly your grand children's safety... I have one on my the tv in my bedroom, it is ontop of a dresser and close to the edge, $15 and 5 minutes to install it was well worth the piece of mind...
Old 01-31-2015, 06:22 PM   #3826
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

DH was irritated by Beagle's nose prints on the window in the sun room. So what does he get out? Not the Windex. Not the vinegar/rubbing alcohol/water mix. Not the plain water. He brought out the Clorox Bleach spray!!! He sprayed it on the window right over the couch and carpet! I couldn't catch him in time.

I'm not very happy right now. There is now another area from which he's banned.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:07 PM   #3827
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
DH was irritated by Beagle's nose prints on the window in the sun room. So what does he get out? Not the Windex. Not the vinegar/rubbing alcohol/water mix. Not the plain water. He brought out the Clorox Bleach spray!!! He sprayed it on the window right over the couch and carpet! I couldn't catch him in time.

I'm not very happy right now. There is now another area from which he's banned.
That may have been his diabolical plan all along!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #3828
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
That may have been his diabolical plan all along!

Heh. You may be right, AB! He's already banned from the pots and pans drawer under the stove, the dishwasher, and the freezers, both in the fridge and the deep freezer.

And I just realized if DH comes up, um, missing, it might be an issue. Though I doubt any jury would convict me.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:49 PM   #3829
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Heh. You may be right, AB! He's already banned from the pots and pans drawer under the stove, the dishwasher, and the freezers, both in the fridge and the deep freezer.

And I just realized if DH comes up, um, missing, it might be an issue. Though I doubt any jury would convict me.
Are you going to need a character witness?
Old 01-31-2015, 08:52 PM   #3830
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Probably!