"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-31-2015, 11:00 PM   #3831
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
DH was irritated by Beagle's nose prints on the window in the sun room. So what does he get out? Not the Windex. Not the vinegar/rubbing alcohol/water mix. Not the plain water. He brought out the Clorox Bleach spray!!! He sprayed it on the window right over the couch and carpet! I couldn't catch him in time.

I'm not very happy right now. There is now another area from which he's banned.
Oh NO!! I hope it didn't bleach out the color from your couch and carpet! Bad DH!

Old 01-31-2015, 11:24 PM   #3832
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Thankfully for DH the ground is frozen right now...

The man has 2 degrees, one of which is in chemistry fer Pete's sake!

Old 01-31-2015, 11:50 PM   #3833
Master Chef

Dawg, my Mom used to call that "book smart, life stupid". The higher the IQ, the lower the common sense. I have a child who is living (so far) proof of that.

I have to vent about our electric bill. Although we heat with fuel oil (thank goodness that has gone down in price this winter) we heat our hot water with electric, as well as cooking, drying clothes, etc. In past winters, our bill was probably around $110 for the high bill, what with Christmas cooking and lights and such. This last bill was Oh My God! We were gone for 13 of the 35 days in this billing cycle. While we were gone (OH for Christmas with the kids, family funeral in PA early this month) we turned the hot water tank off. Obviously we weren't watching TV or cooking/baking. This bill? $160!!! Damn, I despise National Grid right now...
Old 01-31-2015, 11:50 PM   #3834
Master Chef

Good thing he doesn't read here!
Old 02-01-2015, 12:08 AM   #3835
Master Chef

Dawg, Himself said a sharp crack with a rolled-up newspaper usually does the trick.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #3836
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I didn't catch him in the act until it was already squirted. I did have a newspaper handy had I known.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:09 AM   #3837
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
We just got a new 50 inch TV and I'm a nervous wreck worrying that my 6 year old grandson will either throw something or bump into it and knock it over. All the years raising our kids we never had a TV incident. (Knock on wood!)
Oooo, so sorry. LG just this month came out with the first non glass OLED TV. It 's a flexible plastic material. Good for them.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #3838
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
We just got a new 50 inch TV and I'm a nervous wreck worrying that my 6 year old grandson will either throw something or bump into it and knock it over. All the years raising our kids we never had a TV incident. (Knock on wood!)
Then don't use the tv stand/base. Instead, mount the screen on the wall, up a little high. He may still throw things at it (my grandkids did) but at least he won't be able to knock it down.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #3839
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Dawg, my Mom used to call that "book smart, life stupid". The higher the IQ, the lower the common sense. I have a child who is living (so far) proof of that.

My daughter-in-law is like that, AND she is a natural blonde. She has a master's degree. When my grandson was born she told me that "he weighed 7 lbs 8 oz, but I don't know how many oz make a lb." What? How can you go all through 12 years of school, 4 years of college and 2 years for the masters program and not know how many oz are in a lb?
Old 02-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #3840
Executive Chef

Dawglover, I think some men do things wrong so they won't ever have to do them again. I know I am going to get beat up over that comment, but guys, please note I said "some." I am not including any of the male members of DC, whom I KNOW would NEVER think of doing that!!