"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #3851
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have my medic alert necklace I wear whenever I am out of the house. It has web access to all of my health information, including my contact numbers. Also have a key fob that is USB storage with all the info, plug it into any computer and it brings up my health info.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #3852
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have my medic alert necklace I wear whenever I am out of the house. It has web access to all of my health information, including my contact numbers. Also have a key fob that is USB storage with all the info, plug it into any computer and it brings up my health info.
How can I get one of those key fobs? Between heart, diabetes, allergies to a lot of meds, it sounds like just what I need. I already have a blank Flash, should I use that? It has a ring for my key ring. Thank you so much for the idea. I have been toying for years about wearing a braclet or neclace, but with my skin condition it would only aggravate it. And one for you Miss Nightingale!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #3853
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Thank you.
He has no idea. He has never had the occasion or come across the need. Sorry.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #3854
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
He has no idea. He has never had the occasion or come across the need. Sorry.
Oh well. Thanks for asking.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #3855
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
How can I get one of those key fobs? Between heart, diabetes, allergies to a lot of meds, it sounds like just what I need. I already have a blank Flash, should I use that? It has a ring for my key ring. Thank you so much for the idea. I have been toying for years about wearing a braclet or neclace, but with my skin condition it would only aggravate it. And one for you Miss Nightingale!
You can get them here: Medical History Bracelet » CARE Medical History Keychain with 2.0 e-Manager Software

They are simple to keep updated.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #3856
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks for the info. There is a Canadian site that sells them too: www.icetag.ca They also sell tags to hang on your key chain, attach to your backpack, helmet, shoe,...

I'm waiting to hear back if the USB key is in French and English. In Quebec, I would usually get Francophone first responders who may speak English, but may not read it. Spanish is fairly useless here.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #3857
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I update mine after each Doctor's appointment and it has all my labs in it, too. It's right on my laptop, easy to access. I keep Shrek's up to date, too. All of my POA info and emergency contacts are in there. Med list, insurance info... It's got everything!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #3858
Chef Extraordinaire

I got my notice of assessment for my sales tax reports for the 3rd quarter of 2012 today. They have assessed a penalty and interest.

So, tomorrow I have to phone the MRQ (Ministère du Revenu du Québec). I had to rummage, but I found my receipt. The sales tax reports were due on 2012-10-31 and that's the date on my receipts. Yes, two receipts - one for the report and one for the cash I paid. And the one for the cash I paid, says what it is for. I hate having to waste my time calling the government. It often takes forever to get someone who can handle the problem. Grrr
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #3859
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

My vent is about MagicJack.

I tried last year to use the "no computer necessary" service. It turned out that it was supposed to be hooked up to my modem, so it didn't need a computer necessarily, but why would I have a modem without the computer.

My modem did not have a port that would fit, nor could I find any adaptor. I could still hook it up through the computer, but every time I closed my laptop, I had no phone service.

I gave it up as a bad purchase, but have been waiting for the renewal request to prevent them from charging me for another year's service.

Instead of requesting, my renewal, I just received an email saying they were going to charge my account if I didn't reply within one hour.

The email was posted at 2AM! I just happened to be up and checking in at 3:50, so sent them a reply that I wasn't going to renew and added a note about the 2AM email being an unethical way of doing business.

The charge isn't supposed to go through until 12/2/12, so I'll be checking to see if they attempt it.

GRRRrrr!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #3860
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
My vent is about MagicJack.

I tried last year to use the "no computer necessary" service. It turned out that it was supposed to be hooked up to my modem, so it didn't need a computer necessarily, but why would I have a modem without the computer.

My modem did not have a port that would fit, nor could I find any adaptor. I could still hook it up through the computer, but every time I closed my laptop, I had no phone service.
I think you need an external modem or router for it to work without a computer, though they say you can plug the MagicJack into the wall phone plug.
Quote:
I gave it up as a bad purchase, but have been waiting for the renewal request to prevent them from charging me for another year's service.
Didn't they have a 30 day free trial?

Quote:
Instead of requesting, my renewal, I just received an email saying they were going to charge my account if I didn't reply within one hour.

The email was posted at 2AM! I just happened to be up and checking in at 3:50, so sent them a reply that I wasn't going to renew and added a note about the 2AM email being an unethical way of doing business.

The charge isn't supposed to go through until 12/2/12, so I'll be checking to see if they attempt it.

GRRRrrr!
Now that just stinks. It's no way to make themselves look like a reputable company and I agree that it is unethical.