Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
again with the objectivity of perception.

i would call a younger female stranger "miss".

for most young men, it's anywhere from dude, to buddy, to man, to " pull your pants up, straighten out your baseball cap, and don't use "yo" in most sentences.

i must be getting old.

btw, isn't funny that we agree on cops? :cool:

again with the objectivity of perception.

i would call a younger female stranger "miss".

for most young men, it's anywhere from dude, to buddy, to man, to " pull your pants up, straighten out your baseball cap, and don't use "yo" in most sentences.

i must be getting old.

btw, isn't funny that we agree on cops? :cool:

My g'daughter's husband is a cop. I saw him on the street one day in uniform and he stopped and said hi. There were other folks around us, so I returned with "Good Morning Officer." When someone I know is working at that moment, I never approach them except to say Good Morning. I would never put their job in jeopardy. That is not the place to be personal with them. :angel:

It is 10 p.m. I decide to do a load of laundry. I put the clothes in and four quarters. The machine won't take the last quarter and yet it won't release it back to me. So after trying every quarter in my possession, I remove the clothes, soap pods and put them in the machine next to it. In frustration I shook the coin box violently. The last quarter decides to drop in and the machine starts. So I take out all the clothes from the second machine and put them back in the first one.

I hate coin operated washing and clothes drying machines! :angel:

I'm lucky. Our laundry uses a coded card you just push into a slot. There's a machine for adding $5, $10, or $20.

It's so much easier than having to maintain a supply of quarters.

I still have had some of the same problems of having to move my laundry. I always wait until my clothes are in with the detergent, but sometimes the machine is out of order. It doesn't take my money, though.

I'm lucky. Our laundry uses a coded card you just push into a slot. There's a machine for adding $5, $10, or $20.

It's so much easier than having to maintain a supply of quarters.

I still have had some of the same problems of having to move my laundry. I always wait until my clothes are in with the detergent, but sometimes the machine is out of order. It doesn't take my money, though.

Spike goes to a commercial laundry that has the card system. I wish we did. I did the colors last night. Now if I can get my hands on three more quarters, I can do the whites. Building maintenance is supposed to keep the machines clean. That is our joke of the week. Each load cost $1.25 per load and another $1.25 for the dryer. They do hold a double load. And we have one front loader. But the clothes come out wetter than the top loaders.

I have an illegal washing machine in my apartment. But it beginning to get to me. Having to drag it out to the kitchen faucet, hook it up and then reverse the procedure when I am done. I have had it for more than ten years and it is beginning to show its age. :angel:

Gee Madcook, that must have been intense! Hope you heal quickly.

I grew up with horses and thought how much it would hurt to be bitten by those big teeth. We were lucky though, our Appaloosa horse named BoJangles was basically a huge dog, faithful, gentle, just a love bug. He would often find a dead spot in his electric fence and come to the house looking for an apple, if there wasn't anyone home, he would visit the neighbors. They would give him an apple then would follow them back to his barn. He also had this irresistible urge to swim, so if my sister wwas riding anywhere near the lake, she would go bareback, because he would "insist" on going for a swim at the beach, everyone got such a kick out of seeing my sister ride a swimming horse!

Our other was a mare, a retired race horse, she was a sweetie, but we had to keep a close eye on her, because if she got away, she would run like the wind!

Spike goes to a commercial laundry that has the card system. I wish we did. I did the colors last night. Now if I can get my hands on three more quarters, I can do the whites. Building maintenance is supposed to keep the machines clean. That is our joke of the week. Each load cost $1.25 per load and another $1.25 for the dryer. They do hold a double load. And we have one front loader. But the clothes come out wetter than the top loaders.

I have an illegal washing machine in my apartment. But it beginning to get to me. Having to drag it out to the kitchen faucet, hook it up and then reverse the procedure when I am done. I have had it for more than ten years and it is beginning to show its age. :angel:

It's been about 10 years since I had to use a laundromat regularly. I went about a year ago to ash a big comforter and it cost me like $6 to wash and dry! Back when I used to go there regularly it was around $10 a week for my weekly laundry.

Addie, I only pay $1 to wash and to dry, but there's only one top loader working. There ar two other top loaders that aren't working.

I have a tall net bag that holds one load, so when it's full, I often have to make several trips to get my turn on it. There are a bunch of front loaders, but they will only hold about a half a load and they involve bending over in such a way that they set my back pains off and the pain can last for days.

I tried using a front loader just once. When it was done, some of the clothes weren't even wet! They still cost $1 to run, too.

The washers and dryers used to be free. Then when they put the coin ones in, they were only supposed to be $.50 for each machine. In your dreams. They were set for $1.25. And we were supposed to get a certain percentage of the monies for functions. More pipe dreams.

So since I am the only one with a computer and know how to write a business letter, they asked me to write one for the management company to let them know we wanted our share of the monies. All of the tenants said they would sign it. So I wrote it and only one tenant besides myself signed it. Everyone else were afraid to sign it. So I tore it up in front of them and told them, "Here are your monies. Enjoy them". Then I walked out. No one has ever asked me to write up anything again. Fine by me. Saves me ink and paper costs. :angel:

Did something to my neck from below the ears to around the bottom of the back of skull and down the neck. I have no idea what. It started yesterday with just some stiffness, then progressively got worse. The pain was severe enough that I only got an hour and a half of sporadic sleep, tried both lying down and sitting upright, and can't turn or nod my head without pain. Lovely. Aleve took some of the edge off this morning after aspirin didn't do anything. What a PITA.

Last edited:
Did something to my neck from below the ears to around the bottom of the back of skull and down the neck. I have no idea what. It started yesterday with just some stiffness, then progressively got worse. The pain was severe enough that I only got an hour and a half of sporadic sleep, tried both lying down and sitting upright, and can't turn or nod my head without pain. Lovely. Aleve took some of the edge off this morning after aspirin didn't do anything. What a PITA.

Ykies Dawg!! Get in your bathtub. It doesn't even need to have water in it.
Lay your head back on the edge of the tub and roll your neck around on the edge. I had a neck thingy like that once and it really helped. I'm thinking you should see a Doctor, as it could be something really serious. :mellow:

Grrrr...:mad:

I walk into one of the two chain drug stores we have in town and ask where are the shopping carts. He answered we don't have them anymore. "Why not? "I say. "Because everybody keeps taking them" says him. "Why don't you get more"? "Because they cost a lot of money" he says. I say "I planned on spending a lot of money here, but I'll go to the other drug store that has shopping carts."
Guess who's writing a letter to Rite Aid Drug Stores Inc. ?

Ykies Dawg!! Get in your bathtub. It doesn't even need to have water in it.
Lay your head back on the edge of the tub and roll your neck around on the edge. I had a neck thingy like that once and it really helped. I'm thinking you should see a Doctor, as it could be something really serious. :mellow:

Thanks K, worth a shot!

No shopping carts?? That makes no sense. Good for you for writing to RiteAid!

Fever? Check please. If you do, go to urgent care.

Grrrr...:mad:

I walk into one of the two chain drug stores we have in town and ask where are the shopping carts. He answered we don't have them anymore. "Why not? "I say. "Because everybody keeps taking them" says him. "Why don't you get more"? "Because they cost a lot of money" he says. I say "I planned on spending a lot of money here, but I'll go to the other drug store that has shopping carts."
Guess who's writing a letter to Rite Aid Drug Stores Inc. ?

Well that's nuts! They are very expensive, usually a couple hundred dollars each, but it's the cost of doing business.

Hope that this is just a passing thing. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my neck and it took me 2 months of physical therapy last fall to get full range of motion in my neck. I hope that I can keep it healthy so that it doesn't happen again, but i'm never completely without pain. All the riding in cars on my vacation really wreaked havoc on my neck, it's just now getting better.

Ouch, Dawg...sure hope your neck pain eases up soon. I hate when that happens, especially if I have to drive.

Hmmm...Kayelle, I'll have to check our local Rite Aid and see if they've eliminated shopping carts. I don't go there very often and when I do, it's only for a few things, so I've never really noticed. Curious now.

Ouch, Dawg...sure hope your neck pain eases up soon. I hate when that happens, especially if I have to drive.

Hmmm...Kayelle, I'll have to check our local Rite Aid and see if they've eliminated shopping carts. I don't go there very often and when I do, it's only for a few things, so I've never really noticed. Curious now.

This is a one horse town Addie, certainly not Boston. I'm sure it's not a RiteAid policy to get rid of shopping carts, but it ticked me off with that kind of "oh well" attitude. I did report the store number and complaint just as I wrote it above, so we'll see.

Whoops.....you're in a one horse town also Cheryl.....I thought I was responding to Addie. lol You have shopping carts?

Last edited:
:LOL: Yep, K....a one horse town and sometimes not even that....a couple of burros. :LOL:
I'll have to check our RiteAid as far as shopping carts. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom