Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did something to my neck from below the ears to around the bottom of the back of skull and down the neck....
Sorry you have a sore and stiff neck. Himself is getting over one, but he certainly knows how his happened. He slipped in the shower! :ohmy: I had my earplugs and, sound asleep down the hall, didn't hear a thing. Maybe he needs an "I've fallen and I can't get up" button.

there were a lot of medium length hairs in the shower making it slippery, wasn't there.

that woulda been my excuse. :angel:

Can't blame me. In over 14 years of living here I've never used the shower. With only two people in the house and two full-size bathrooms, we decided the happiest thing in the world would be a bathroom for Himself (the one off the master bedroom, with the shower stall) and I'd take the one with the tub. But all I do is shower in it. :huh: I just like all the extra room. :mrgreen:

Life is better this way. Himself always lets a family of ducks play in the sink whenever he uses it. The counter is always wet all over. And then I lean against it and I'm wet all over. Life is good with His and Hers bathrooms. :LOL:

Did something to my neck from below the ears to around the bottom of the back of skull and down the neck. I have no idea what. It started yesterday with just some stiffness, then progressively got worse. The pain was severe enough that I only got an hour and a half of sporadic sleep, tried both lying down and sitting upright, and can't turn or nod my head without pain. Lovely. Aleve took some of the edge off this morning after aspirin didn't do anything. What a PITA.

A number of years ago I had the same thing. My neck froze so that my head was tilted sideways. I had to go for physical therapy. The therapist showed me a trick that has kept me free of neck pain for more than 35 years now. Whenever I think my neck is going to get a cramp, I tuck my chin into my chest. It loosens up the neck muscles instantly. :angel:

Grrrr...:mad:

I walk into one of the two chain drug stores we have in town and ask where are the shopping carts. He answered we don't have them anymore. "Why not? "I say. "Because everybody keeps taking them" says him. "Why don't you get more"? "Because they cost a lot of money" he says. I say "I planned on spending a lot of money here, but I'll go to the other drug store that has shopping carts."
Guess who's writing a letter to Rite Aid Drug Stores Inc. ?

Almost every building in Boston that has more than one floor and an elevator, has a shopping cart on the premises. We have two in this building. Building managers can sometimes call the stores and have them picked up. But for the most part, they stay where they are. One store said they considered it part of the expense of staying in business. :angel:

:LOL: Yep, K....a one horse town and sometimes not even that....a couple of burros. :LOL:
I'll have to check our RiteAid as far as shopping carts. :ermm:

Our Rite Aid has five stairs to get up to the next level and pharmacy. Has to be the smallest drug store I have ever seen. And the lift for the handicap is a joke. Most of the time it doesn't work. And the aisles are so narrow, I doubt a shopping cart would fit in one.

Has anyone in town considered having the burro carry your purchases up and down the aisles? :angel:

Can't blame me. In over 14 years of living here I've never used the shower. With only two people in the house and two full-size bathrooms, we decided the happiest thing in the world would be a bathroom for Himself (the one off the master bedroom, with the shower stall) and I'd take the one with the tub. But all I do is shower in it. :huh: I just like all the extra room. :mrgreen:

Life is better this way. Himself always lets a family of ducks play in the sink whenever he uses it. The counter is always wet all over. And then I lean against it and I'm wet all over. Life is good with His and Hers bathrooms. :LOL:

Rob likes to have just about everything out on the counter, I like things tidy, we have separate bathrooms and it's wonderful!

Do any of you feel that your kids really take you as a parent for granted? That your belonging are not important. I have one kid (The Pirate) that thinks you can just go out the door and get another. What's mine is his also. Where did I go wrong with this kid?

Anytime someone gives me a gift, I take care of it. He thinks it is just junk and not important. To me it is. I have two ceramic magnets on my fridge that were given to me by my granddaughter when she was three years old. She was so proud of them. She picked them out herself. She is now 22 y. o. Sure they collect dust and get greasy as the fridge is right next to the stove. So I clean them often. But I treasure them. He tried to throw them out. He thought the fridge would look better is there was nothing on the fridge. I dang near threw him out. He also informed me that he was taking the potato ricer. If he had asked me, I would have considered his request. I very rarely use it. Now he will never get it until after I am gone.

The other day I was taking a shower. Now I had the curtain drawn yet he walks in and uses the toilet. "I don't know why you are making such a big fuss. I couldn't see you and you couldn't see me. My wife and I used to do it all the time." Well I am not his wife and that doesn't go in my home. He compared it to when he was a toddler and would come in to the bathroom no matter what I was doing. Well, he is not a toddler now. He seems to have forgotten the rules I have had in place ever since they became teenagers. Privacy between the girls and the boys was and still is upper most in my home. Don't violate that rule or you will feel my wrath. He walked out in a huff.

:mad: Why did I ever have kids in the first place. :angel:

Addie, I'm shocked that you didn't edit out that last line within the time allowed for editing. Surely you must have regretted ever typing those words. If on the other hand you don't regret those words, I think you might look at all those people around you who have children who don't give a hoot about their mothers.

I would never call an adult a name like honey, or sweetie, or for a guy, bro, chief, or boss.

you can never go wrong with ma'am or sir.

unless you mix them up because they are nj state troopers. :cool:

Oh yes you can go wrong with "ma'am." It tends to offend some because it sounds like "old lady." Try "miss" instead.

At least that's the way it is around here.

Can those Hickie Laces be bought in local stores, or at least something similar? I hate to order things online unless I can't find them anywhere else. I have white tennies that are made that way and I LOVE them. I could use some of these for my black tennies. When we are out and about, my shoe laces become untied. I can't bend over very well to tie them so DH has to do it.

Oh yes you can go wrong with "ma'am." It tends to offend some because it sounds like "old lady." Try "miss" instead.

At least that's the way it is around here.

it's not too difficult to guess someone's age or acceptance of the term.

and if they have a problem with respect at a young age, the problem isn't mine. ma'am. ;)

I agree!

It also bugs me when the clerk starts commenting on my purchases!

My daughter used to work in a grocery store. She has a very sensitive nose and she used to smell things people were buying. One time she picked up some woman's deli roast beef and said it smelled bad. The woman said No, it always smells like that! LOL I told her just ring them up and mind your own business.

it's not too difficult to guess someone's age or acceptance of the term.

And if they have a problem with respect at a young age, the problem isn't mine. Ma'am. ;)

don't call me ma'am! I'm only 68!!! Lol

EDIT: I typed that in all caps and it switched it to lower case. How rude! LOL

Last edited:
PF, I googled "no-tie laces" and found there are a lot of similar items with different names. One is sold in WalMart so I will check there, and also in Dicks, as some of them are advertised to be for runners and other athletes. I don't exactly fit that description, I'm just an old lady with a big belly who can't bend over to tie her shoes! LOL

I was thinking about getting some stretch laces for a pair of casual shoes I wear in the winter. I like the idea of slipping into and out of them without the need to tie/untie the laces all the time.

My daughter buys them at a discount shoe store (Payless) for my grandson.

Back
Top Bottom