Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rosalie 2000-06-02 to 2011-06-08

I bid Rosalie goodbye yesterday at 1:00 p.m. The last thing we did was clean out the fridge...her most favorite thing. Then she wanted to go out, we went out, she did her business, settled under the elm tree...I spooned her, and then, about 3 minutes later, she gave a big sigh, and died in my arms--the person who loved her most. I can't think of a better way to go than in the arms of someone who loves you and with dignity and respect. I'll miss her so.

Last edited:
Rosalie was so loved, and a very lucky girl to have had you. My deepest sympathies. I am so glad you had a chance to spend your time with her, and that she didn't suffer. RIP, beautiful Rosalie.

Last edited:
I'm going to say thank you now, to each of you. She was very special--she was my "Barbie Dog." I have a lavender rose bush and a pink rose shrub to plant this weekend in her memory. We always plant a tree or a perenial in memory of our dogs. And, I have some of her fur to put in the bottom of the "holes" and cast in the wind. I don't scatter the ashes. The urns stay with me.

I've done this enough times that I would never have let her suffer. She had salmon and rice for breakfast and cottage cheese on pita while we were cleaning out the fridge. And, I had my dear friend who is a vet on stand-by if I needed her. I knew this was coming--I just treasured every extra day and didn't want her to suffer. If I thought she was suffering, we would've gone the other route. She enjoyed life until the end.

Last edited:
Thanks, Stubbs.

I am the only employee who knows anything of the current situation. Everything is up in the air right now. It is a bit stressful, not knowing what exactly I will be doing a few weeks from now. I can't really make any plans because I don't really know exactly how things are going to shake down. Part of me will welcome a lay off, but then again, who wants to be unemployed? I don't want to cook or manage a kitchen anymore if I can help it. Thankfully, I have enough experience to get a job fairly quickly if I really have to. I have plenty of renovation projects around the house to keep me busy, but that takes money, so its catch 22.
Rock--I'm sorry to hear that. The recipes you post are always ones I cut and paste. As you get older, it is harder to find work...renovation projects not only take money, but they always seem to "grow" into bigger projects than what you were first planning...best of luck to you. Hang in there.

I bid Rosalie goodbye yesterday at 1:00 p.m. The last thing we did was clean out the fridge...her most favorite thing. Then she wanted to go out, we went out, she did her business, settled under the elm tree...I spooned her, and then, about 3 minutes later, she gave a big sigh, and died in my arms--the person who loved her most. I can't think of a better way to go than in the arms of someone who loves you and with dignity and respect. I'll miss her so.
I'm so sorry to hear about our Rosalie. I know the love you gave her was the most beautiful she could get any place. I know how much you loved her and she loved you. Be glad you were able to have her as long as you did. She is ina conderful place now no pain just peace.
kadesma

my heart is breaking for you. pets are so unselfish and give so much. it is hard to let them go. it took me three months to stop thinking i had to feed the cat "kahlua" he was twelve years old and the love of my life. still we get another one. right now i have two cats, charlie and thomas. thomas is eight years old and charlie is one. i will probably out live thomas but not charlie and that is a worry. they are so attached to me. i'm not saying to get another dog, you need to grieve first. people that don't have pets don't have a clue to how hard it is to lose one. all sympathy to you.

Your post caught me at work and I burst into tears at my desk. I am so sorry for the loss you feel, but gladness that Rosalie was at home with her person when it was time. Hugs! I know there's a couple of good dogs and a few cats over the Bridge, waiting for her.

I'm so sad for you but glad that she passed in the arms of the person who loved her. I can't think of anyway better to go either. Tears for you both.

Well I didn't get much sleep for my kids were up in middle of night. At 2am I woke to the nosie of playing, told them to go back to bed. Derek was the only one to listen. The other 2 still were up @ 4am & got into food. Lets say im very upset today. So they got all things like to do taken away & extra chores. And if I stay up all say with no nap so will they. This is so frustrating.

Rock--I'm sorry to hear that. The recipes you post are always ones I cut and paste. As you get older, it is harder to find work...renovation projects not only take money, but they always seem to "grow" into bigger projects than what you were first planning...best of luck to you. Hang in there.

Thanks CW. Sorry to hear of your loss. It's never easy.

I have a 111 year old house. The work is never done. It's easier to get used to it, than do anything about it.:LOL:
Hang in there, yourself.:)

Stubbs said:
Well I didn't get much sleep for my kids were up in middle of night. At 2am I woke to the nosie of playing, told them to go back to bed. Derek was the only one to listen. The other 2 still were up @ 4am & got into food. Lets say im very upset today. So they got all things like to do taken away & extra chores. And if I stay up all say with no nap so will they. This is so frustrating.

It is hard when things happen, but this too shall pass. Being a parent can be so stressful at times, but so rewarding at others. My hope is that one day when you are a grandparent to grandkids just like their parents you can look back and laugh. My oldest grandson is just like his Daddy, and I just love it! My son is never too happy when he calls me upset, and I laugh, but it is easier now that he is the dad. I am much more patient with grand kids too. Like I said, this too shall pass, but I do feel for you right now.

CWS, my sympathy in the loss of your dear dog. She had your love until the very end, and really did pass with dignity. I will think of you today as I clean out the fridge(something I dread doing).

Chopper- thanks trust me I know it hard being a parent wouldn't change a min of being a mom just get overwhelmed at times when these things happen

Maybe we should start an off topic thread on stupid things our kids do that makes us mad. ;)

decided to bake raisin bars , have made at least six times. could not figure what they were taking so long to bake. the minimum times was always right on. when i went to put the timer on five minutes for the third, i discovered the problem. set the oven temp 100 degrees to low. grrrrrrrrrr. made me feel super stupid.

CWS, I've been thinking about you and Rosalie. What a wonderful relationship you had with your faithful pet. I am so sorry she had to leave you, but I am glad she was able to be home with you in that peaceful and serene place under the tree and to feel your love for her to the very end. I wish you peace my dear.

cws, i'm deeply sorry for the loss of rosalie. i can't add anything to all of the nice things everyone has said, except that she'll always be with you in your heart, and you'll see her again someday.

Thank you, everyone. Roz-ma-taz will be in my heart forever--she wrapped her paw around my heart the moment I met her. I miss the sounds she made--she talked to me--and I talked to her. I miss her weight on the bed--she'd snuggle up against me, and, if she'd had her way, she would have slept on top of me. That I miss. I've had a lot of dogs share my life, but Roz was the cuddliest dog I've ever known. She'd get up on the couch with me and "purr" -- she was an old soul and most likely a cat in another life.She was a fretter--when my Missy lost her hearing, Roz took on the responsibility of being Missy's interpreter. She'd fuss and get me to check on Missy. I miss Roz in the kitchen. She was a great sous chef. And, yes, I am grateful that she left me peacefully...today I'm making bread. She loved home-made bread. I guess Missy didn't get her hearing back at Rainbow Bridge and called Roz to come and be her interpreter. And Steve, you got my girls, take care of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom