"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #3891
Executive Chef

CWS, I'm sorry to hear of the fire at your brother's place.

Charlie, I hope that whatever is going on with your son is minor, and can be worked out.

Addie, my 40 something step children tell us things I tell them not to tell us! We are done dealing with their drama. It's time for them to start dealing with OUR drama! LOL

You know how they keep saying to "check on the elderly" with all this cold weather going on? Well, everyone has been calling DH to see if he's OK and he's getting so mad that they consider him "elderly." LOL

Old 02-20-2015, 01:19 PM   #3892
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
CWS, I'm sorry to hear of the fire at your brother's place.

Charlie, I hope that whatever is going on with your son is minor, and can be worked out.

Addie, my 40 something step children tell us things I tell them not to tell us! We are done dealing with their drama. It's time for them to start dealing with OUR drama! LOL

You know how they keep saying to "check on the elderly" with all this cold weather going on? Well, everyone has been calling DH to see if he's OK and he's getting so mad that they consider him "elderly." LOL
I hear ya. Our front door down in the lobby has never been so busy. Where are all these caring kids the rest of the year. Between The Pirate and Spike I have one of them checking on me everyday. But the way I have been failing lately, I am glad that they do. I got so sick last night when Spike was here.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:27 PM   #3893
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
....I was 17 when I had my first child. :

I wanted to have kids early. Of course I was 26 when my first one was born. And 35 when that 19 was born. Unfortunately with him it is not "pleasing" that worries him or me. He has made plenty of trouble for us. And still has not learn his lesson. His teacher unfortunately also knows that something is wrong, but doesn't know what. He is not talking to him either. Hope he talks to his shrink at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking
Old 02-22-2015, 05:29 AM   #3894
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I wanted to have kids early. Of course I was 26 when my first one was born. And 35 when that 19 was born. Unfortunately with him it is not "pleasing" that worries him or me. He has made plenty of trouble for us. And still has not learn his lesson. His teacher unfortunately also knows that something is wrong, but doesn't know what. He is not talking to him either. Hope he talks to his shrink at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking
Hang in there Charlie. He is still "just a boy." Did you get that phone call you were waiting for?
Old 02-22-2015, 05:46 AM   #3895
Chef Extraordinaire

I hate the sound of sirens in winter. Fortunately, in this city you can tell if it is medical or a fire. Between the police, ambulance and fire, they all have a different sounding siren. For medical you first hear one fire engine. Then five to ten minutes later the ambulance. In Boston, they are not allowed to have car chases. The streets are too narrow.

For a fire, (oh how I hate to hear the sirens for that.) you hear the engine first, then the ladder truck. If you continually hear fire engines, you know it is a big fire. And an ambulance along with the fire engines, at least a three to five alarm. Each day you hear the sirens for a fire.

Mad Cook, close your eyes and ears. You won't want to read any further.

There was a barn collapse from too much snow on the roof. They got most of the animals out except for two horses. They were crushed by the roof. I am so sick of hearing about all the folks who have died or roofs collapsing on homes. For some strange the TV stations are not showing any kids playing and having fun in the snow.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:16 AM   #3896
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Hang in there Charlie. He is still "just a boy." Did you get that phone call you were waiting for?

Yeah, I did, but unfortunately he knew nothing more than I did.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking
Old 03-03-2015, 02:20 AM   #3897
Master Chef

I'd like to get my hands on that person with the voodoo doll of me. They were at it again tonight. While walking up from the basement, carrying the large crock pot, the Voodoo Master jabbed a skewer into my lower "cheek". I thought my leg was going to give out. Also, didn't think Himself could move so fast anymore! Hoping this is just from doing too much on my feet today and not from any falling-apart issues. I'll find out tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:23 AM   #3898
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I'd like to get my hands on that person with the voodoo doll of me. They were at it again tonight. While walking up from the basement, carrying the large crock pot, the Voodoo Master jabbed a skewer into my lower "cheek". I thought my leg was going to give out. Also, didn't think Himself could move so fast anymore! Hoping this is just from doing too much on my feet today and not from any falling-apart issues. I'll find out tomorrow.
Why wasn't Himself carrying up that large heavy crockpot up the stairs for you? Stop being so stubborn and ask for help. Give him a sense of being useful. How do I know this? Because I was you a year or so ago.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #3899
Master Chef

Who said it was "heavy", Addie? I said it was big, as in my 6-quart pot rather than a 4-quart. It might weigh 2 pounds, or less than 10% of what is easy for me to carry up the steps easily. I can carry 25# with no problem, lift at least 40# with ease and do it safely. I doubt you were me a year ago. Besides, Himself would still be looking for the crock pot if I had sent him down last night. I'd still have to go down and up the steps, and I will put money on it that he wouldn't carry me up the steps.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #3900
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Who said it was "heavy", Addie? I said it was big, as in my 6-quart pot rather than a 4-quart. It might weigh 2 pounds, or less than 10% of what is easy for me to carry up the steps easily. I can carry 25# with no problem, lift at least 40# with ease and do it safely. I doubt you were me a year ago. Besides, Himself would still be looking for the crock pot if I had sent him down last night. I'd still have to go down and up the steps, and I will put money on it that he wouldn't carry me up the steps.
My apologies. It seems I am apologizing a lot lately to you. I don't carry anything up a flight of stairs. I need both hands to hold onto or climb up the stairs on all four. My legs simply won't lift my body. And right now I don't weigh that much. My muscle mass has been lost over the past nine years due to the wound at the bottom of my leg.