"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-04-2015, 12:54 PM   #3901
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Well, our second circus has started since the Whitey Bulger trial. The Marathon trial has started. The higher courts have given the final ruling that the trial is to stay right here in Boston. So again, security twice a day will snarl traffic up each day during morning and evening rush hour. I am so glad I am no longer part of the working public. And they are expecting it to last for four months. That means into the hat of summer. Tempers are going to be on the rise around 4:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri. For those folks who drive into Boston, let's hope the judge has the good sense to end the trial each day at 3 p.m. That way the circus will have ended and the prisoner is back in his cell. Or hold the prisoner in the courthouse jail and return him to Ft. Devens only on weekends.

And of course our local news is going to cover it from the time the prisoner puts on his underwear in the morning until he finally closes his eyes at night. Well, CNN here I come.

Why can't these events happen in the middle of Wyoming or Alaska? No one lives in the middle of Wyoming. In fact, I have my doubts that anyone lives in Wyoming. Name me one really well known celebrity that comes from Wyoming.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #3902
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,245
Addie, the local TV stations will be interrupting the Marathon Trial...with news about the Hernandez Trial.
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #3903
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Addie, the local TV stations will be interrupting the Marathon Trial...with news about the Hernandez Trial.
Oh dear heavens above. We are living with a very large criminal element. Now where did Spike say the cartoon channel was?
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #3904
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well, our second circus has started since the Whitey Bulger trial. The Marathon trial has started. The higher courts have given the final ruling that the trial is to stay right here in Boston. So again, security twice a day will snarl traffic up each day during morning and evening rush hour. I am so glad I am no longer part of the working public. And they are expecting it to last for four months. That means into the hat of summer. Tempers are going to be on the rise around 4:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri. For those folks who drive into Boston, let's hope the judge has the good sense to end the trial each day at 3 p.m. That way the circus will have ended and the prisoner is back in his cell. Or hold the prisoner in the courthouse jail and return him to Ft. Devens only on weekends.

And of course our local news is going to cover it from the time the prisoner puts on his underwear in the morning until he finally closes his eyes at night. Well, CNN here I come.

Why can't these events happen in the middle of Wyoming or Alaska? No one lives in the middle of Wyoming. In fact, I have my doubts that anyone lives in Wyoming. Name me one really well known celebrity that comes from Wyoming.
Ward Bond came from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Dick Cheney...

I happen to know mine and Shrek's families live in Wyoming.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #3905
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
............ No one lives in the middle of Wyoming. In fact, I have my doubts that anyone lives in Wyoming. Name me one really well known celebrity that comes from Wyoming.
Jackson Pollock, (and some of my cousins and friends, while not well known), would be sad to know that no one lives in or comes from Wyoming.
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #3906
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Ward Bond came from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Dick Cheney...

I happen to know mine and Shrek's families live in Wyoming.
I am sure you know my remark was said in jest. I have ridden twice through Wyoming. I swear, I never saw one person. I did see a lone farmhouse way off in the distance. And I saw a ranch that raised bison. All I could think of was, "how fitting", and I could see in my mind's eye, herds of buffalo roaming over the beautiful hills. The beauty of those hills left quite an impression on me.

And thank you for my lesson in history.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #3907
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
What highway or road did you pass through on? There's been too many people in Wyoming since at least 1965.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #3908
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,631
We stopped at the world's largest gas station at the time (1976) as we drove through Wyoming. Cool state.
__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #3909
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
I passed through Wyoming in 1964. I remember the huge blue sky and the pronghorns running and playing. Gorgeous.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:08 PM   #3910
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
We stopped at the world's largest gas station at the time (1976) as we drove through Wyoming. Cool state.
Ah, Sinclair, Wyoming! I haven't been there in ages.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.