"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #3911
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I passed through Wyoming in 1964. I remember the huge blue sky and the pronghorns running and playing. Gorgeous.
I didn't even live there until 1965, we were on Guam in '64.

The antelope still play...

Old 03-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #3912
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
What highway or road did you pass through on? There's been too many people in Wyoming since at least 1965.
I know we filled up in Bozeman in Montana and made it to Jackson Hole before filling up again. That was in the mid 80's. Not being a driver, I didn't pay much attention to the gas gauge. I do know we stayed on I90 as much as we could. We knew where that would bring us to.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #3913
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm pretty sure there were people in Jackson Hole...you also drove through a National Park or two...not many people live in the National parks.

Next time visit Rock Springs and Greenriver in the fall...
Old 03-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #3914
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm pretty sure there were people in Jackson Hole...you also drove through a National Park or two...not many people live in the National parks.

Next time visit Rock Springs and Greenriver in the fall...
I love traveling by car. But then I don't drive and can enjoy the whole ride, including all the sights. In spite of my joking about Wyoming, I was really impressed with the beauty of the rolling hills. I even mentioned to Spike (he was driving) that those hills would be great to go sledding down.

So a question. We saw miles and miles, and even more miles of those hills. Are they still open prairie land or in private hands? Spike and I both mentioned that surely one person doesn't own ALL that land. I am ashamed to admit, I am woefully ignorant of Wyoming history.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:33 PM   #3915
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I love traveling by car. But then I don't drive and can enjoy the whole ride, including all the sights. In spite of my joking about Wyoming, I was really impressed with the beauty of the rolling hills. I even mentioned to Spike (he was driving) that those hills would be great to go sledding down.

So a question. We saw miles and miles, and even more miles of those hills. Are they still open prairie land or in private hands? Spike and I both mentioned that surely one person doesn't own ALL that land. I am ashamed to admit, I am woefully ignorant of Wyoming history.
Most is owned but left open for migratory animals and open range for cattle.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #3916
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Back to petty vents. I'm still listening to the north wind whistling through my windows.

It's beyond annoying. I'm getting more and more nuts listening to it!!!!!!!!!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #3917
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
PayPal rant

I just spent over an hour trying to log in to PayPal. It said I had been chosen for a special verification. So, it asked me about my credit card number. Then it told me to choose a new password and verification questions. Then it wanted to phone me because it didn't recognize my computer (it's probably been several to half a year since I logged in.) Then it asked me to change my password and verification questions again, and again, and again. It sent me, several times, to a page that said, "The link you used to access this page has expired. Please log in to your account or begin your password recovery again."

I phoned. It asked me what was my problem. I said, "Password". It sent me a link to reset my password. I went through the above nonsense again. I phoned again and waited on hold for ~10 minutes twice to get a person.

I finally sent them a help request using their webform. They promise an answer within 24 hours. Aarghhh
Old 03-05-2015, 10:41 PM   #3918
Master Chef

How utterly frustrating, taxy. Computer and web problems bug the Hades out of me. Maybe it's the Internet Gods telling you not to shop online? Just kidding. Hope everything gets resolved for you by tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:23 PM   #3919
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I don't shop online a lot. I wanted to donate to SumOfUs.org. They have been threatened with a lawsuit because they are campaigning for the banning of neonicotinoids, the pesticide linked with bee die off.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:31 AM   #3920
Master Chef

I figured it was something good-hearted like that. Hence my "Just kidding". I'm just glad to see you posting back in these parts.