Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One more reason that I don't stop at Walmart.

I go to Walmart about once a year to get something I can't get anywhere else. One of my deal blogs alerted me to a good deal at Walmart, so since I was going to be near one I stopped by. I found the item brought it up and it rang up at 2.5 times the online price. I was told that they could not price match themselves. Here is the even crazier part, I could stand there and order it on my phone, watch an associate come over and pick one up, bring it to the pick up spot and go over there and pick it up for the lower price. So how much sense does that make? I don't have time to waste, so they aren't getting my money and I'll continue to shop elsewhere.

I have this evil side. I would have stood there and ordered it from my phone just for the pure satisfaction of being a bitch. Grant you, it would have held up the line, but that is their problem, not mine. :angel:

I have this evil side. I would have stood there and ordered it from my phone just for the pure satisfaction of being a bitch. Grant you, it would have held up the line, but that is their problem, not mine. :angel:

Oh trust me, I thought about it, I had it pulled up on my phone, but I had to get home to bake gifts for friends tonight, or I totally would have! That's OK, I'll find it from another vendor, I'm not desperate to get it.

I think each person should wear their hair the length that they like, the length that THEY feel looks best on them. No one else's opinion matters. My hair is very thick and coarse. Since about age 40, I have tried growing it a little longer because I see a hairstyle on someone else, but it just doesn't look right on me. Right now my hair is shorter than usual because my hairdresser was off sick, but I still like it, and it will be a good length by Christmas. DH doesn't like it, but it will grow.

I shop Walmart often, because I like their prices, and they have some things I can't get anywhere else. I have ordered a few things online for pick-up in the store, but they were items they did not have in my local Walmart.

The only time I had an issue was when I saw a knife sharpener online and saved it to take some time to think about it before ordering. A couple days later I went back and it was "out of stock." I kept checking, and a couple days later it was back in stock for a couple dollars more than before, but still in my price range, so I ordered it and am happy with it.

I do know of others who have had problems with Walmart...it just hasn't happened to me....yet.

I have never been in a Walmarts. There isn't one even near me. But the one complaint I hear about is that there is no one on the floor to help them. I guess you have to know the store really well to find what you want. Or drive the service desk where this is, where that is, etc. :angel:

I've read articles about how they are chronically understaffed to the point of empty shelves but having plenty in the back room, just nobody to put it out. This seems to ring true with the people that I know on the inside. It's too bad that they have become complacent, since this is the only or best option that some have in their area.

I've read articles about how they are chronically understaffed to the point of empty shelves but having plenty in the back room, just nobody to put it out. This seems to ring true with the people that I know on the inside. It's too bad that they have become complacent, since this is the only or best option that some have in their area.

It makes me wonder if their next step will be shoddy products. :angel:

A new Kroger Marketplace store opened, right across the street from our local Walmart. They're well-staffed, well-stocked, the prices are as good or better than Walmart and they have a gas station where you can get a discount with your store card. We love it :)

A new Kroger Marketplace store opened, right across the street from our local Walmart. They're well-staffed, well-stocked, the prices are as good or better than Walmart and they have a gas station where you can get a discount with your store card. We love it :)

I am glad to see Walmart get some competition. :angel:

"Every" store I have been shopping in is understaffed. There is no floor help anywhere. There are stilled help wanted signs everywhere. I don't know what to think.

"Every" store I have been shopping in is understaffed. There is no floor help anywhere. There are stilled help wanted signs everywhere. I don't know what to think.

Our target seems to be well staffed almost all the time, I'm thinking that it must be well managed, they have kept many people for years and this is an area where you can get a retail job anytime they are plentiful.

It could be that they are positions that are low paying ones. And folks are thinking they are going to be making the same pay that they did before the recession. If you were making $20 an hour, today you are lucky if you get $18 an hour. :angel:

I have the same problem with Walmat. It is my nearest and primary store. Sometimes it takes a few months before an item is returned to the shelves.

Lately I have been wanting bay scallops to come back to give me a change from shrimo. It was probably 4-5 months, before I finally found some this last payday.

It's especially frustrating when certain vitamins I take are missing. I've worked hard to figure out which vitamins work for me and I can tell by the way I feel if something is missing. Right now, I'm out of A&D as well as Hawthorn and their absence is noticeable.

When I went shopping last week, the vitamin/supplement shelves we half empty.

I have the same problem with Walmat. It is my nearest and primary store. Sometimes it takes a few months before an item is returned to the shelves.

Lately I have been wanting bay scallops to come back to give me a change from shrimo. It was probably 4-5 months, before I finally found some this last payday.

It's especially frustrating when certain vitamins I take are missing. I've worked hard to figure out which vitamins work for me and I can tell by the way I feel if something is missing. Right now, I'm out of A&D as well as Hawthorn and their absence is noticeable.

When I went shopping last week, the vitamin/supplement shelves we half empty.

I have heard from a couple of employees that work up on the Lynnway, that there is plenty of stock in the backroom, but no one on the floor to fill the shelves. This is the worst possible time of year for their shelves to be half empty. They also told me that the back room is in total disarray. The truck driver just throws the boxes in as there is never anyone in the back room to take the merchandise in from the truck for stacking. :angel:

As a district or store manager, you have to meet profit goals to keep your job. You do that by not hiring as many people.

Exactly! Labor cost is the #1 controllable expense in retail, so you bet your bottom dollar that when numbers need to be met that labor is the first to be cut. Every retailer that I've worked for does it this way usually there is a lot of pressure from the district manager to meet these numbers. If you can't consistently meet those numbers as a store manager, you are gone! If your district manager can't get their stores to meet those numbers then they are gone. It's very cut and dry.

As a district or store manager, you have to meet profit goals to keep your job. You do that by not hiring as many people.

You have to keep stock on the shelves to sell. It's a balancing act..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom