"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #3951
Executive Chef

You all are way too funny.

I'm not kiddin' about these marshmallows. They are called campfire size and they are humongous !!

One will probably do for 4 cups of hot cocoa ... good thing my dogs like marshmallows !!

Now ... if only I had some milk .. I hate when I want something really bad - like hot chocolate - and I am out of milk

MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #3952
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
I may have been a little *too* honest in my individual evaluation of a group project I did lol... The last question was "Did the group process have a positive effect on your learning?" I answered: "No, I hate group work, and the reason I worked so hard to get 100% on every assignment until now was because I knew it was coming up and didn't want to stress about it." No taking it back now- hopefully he appreciates my candor ha ha...
I don't count but I like your answer. I feel the same way, hate being held up or back by what others contribute. I am not a team player when it comes to my grades or my job.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #3953
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

I don't count but I like your answer. I feel the same way, hate being held up or back by what others contribute. I am not a team player when it comes to my grades or my job.
Me either. I did 90% of the legwork for the whole project and my group members still waited til 10:00 the night before to send me their portions of the speech (even though I wrote out a formal outline with all the info they needed). They also read off sheets of printer paper instead of using note cards. It's a college level class and I didn't really think I needed to tell them that would not be acceptable. I'm guessing we probably got a B. Maybe a C at the absolute worst, and I could get 65% and still easily get an A in the class. So no stress lol
Skittle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #3954
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

At least it is over. That's the upside.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #3955
Chef Extraordinaire

Okay, my turm. I hate when I get the most ungodly stomach cramp and it turns out to be the tiniest of gas bubbles. At least make it worth my while for making the trip to the outhouse and not waste toilet paper. Geesh!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #3956
Chef Extraordinaire

TMI, Addie, TMI.

I'm aggravated that my arm and hand still hurt from last weeken's fall. I haven't gotten done nearly as much as I'd hoped.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #3957
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
TMI, Addie, TMI.

I'm aggravated that my arm and hand still hurt from last weeken's fall. I haven't gotten done nearly as much as I'd hoped.
Any bruising GG? Have you tried a warm pack on it? I sure hope it feels better soon.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #3958
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Any bruising GG? Have you tried a warm pack on it? I sure hope it feels better soon.
+1
Old 12-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #3959
Chef Extraordinaire

Hope it heals quickly GG
Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #3960
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, guys. It's finally a little better today. I went to the doctor yesterday and she warned me about making sure I move the arm so I don't get frozen shoulder. DH had that and ended up having surgery. Don't want that to happen. We put on an ice pack on it every 10 minutes for about an hour after it first happened. Nothing since then but it is getting better.

Now doing some online shopping for DH and hope to get some baking done today.