Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
....I was 17 when I had my first child. :

I wanted to have kids early. Of course I was 26 when my first one was born. And 35 when that 19 was born. Unfortunately with him it is not "pleasing" that worries him or me. He has made plenty of trouble for us. And still has not learn his lesson. His teacher unfortunately also knows that something is wrong, but doesn't know what. He is not talking to him either. Hope he talks to his shrink at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I wanted to have kids early. Of course I was 26 when my first one was born. And 35 when that 19 was born. Unfortunately with him it is not "pleasing" that worries him or me. He has made plenty of trouble for us. And still has not learn his lesson. His teacher unfortunately also knows that something is wrong, but doesn't know what. He is not talking to him either. Hope he talks to his shrink at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Hang in there Charlie. He is still "just a boy." Did you get that phone call you were waiting for? :angel:

I hate the sound of sirens in winter. Fortunately, in this city you can tell if it is medical or a fire. Between the police, ambulance and fire, they all have a different sounding siren. For medical you first hear one fire engine. Then five to ten minutes later the ambulance. In Boston, they are not allowed to have car chases. The streets are too narrow.

For a fire, (oh how I hate to hear the sirens for that.) you hear the engine first, then the ladder truck. If you continually hear fire engines, you know it is a big fire. And an ambulance along with the fire engines, at least a three to five alarm. Each day you hear the sirens for a fire.

Mad Cook, close your eyes and ears. You won't want to read any further.

There was a barn collapse from too much snow on the roof. They got most of the animals out except for two horses. They were crushed by the roof. I am so sick of hearing about all the folks who have died or roofs collapsing on homes. For some strange the TV stations are not showing any kids playing and having fun in the snow. :angel:

I'd like to get my hands on that person with the voodoo doll of me. They were at it again tonight. While walking up from the basement, carrying the large crock pot, the Voodoo Master jabbed a skewer into my lower "cheek". I thought my leg was going to give out. Also, didn't think Himself could move so fast anymore! :LOL: Hoping this is just from doing too much on my feet today and not from any falling-apart issues. I'll find out tomorrow.

I'd like to get my hands on that person with the voodoo doll of me. They were at it again tonight. While walking up from the basement, carrying the large crock pot, the Voodoo Master jabbed a skewer into my lower "cheek". I thought my leg was going to give out. Also, didn't think Himself could move so fast anymore! :LOL: Hoping this is just from doing too much on my feet today and not from any falling-apart issues. I'll find out tomorrow.

Why wasn't Himself carrying up that large heavy crockpot up the stairs for you? Stop being so stubborn and ask for help. Give him a sense of being useful. How do I know this? Because I was you a year or so ago. :angel:

Who said it was "heavy", Addie? I said it was big, as in my 6-quart pot rather than a 4-quart. It might weigh 2 pounds, or less than 10% of what is easy for me to carry up the steps easily. I can carry 25# with no problem, lift at least 40# with ease and do it safely. I doubt you were me a year ago. ;) Besides, Himself would still be looking for the crock pot if I had sent him down last night. :LOL: I'd still have to go down and up the steps, and I will put money on it that he wouldn't carry me up the steps. :LOL:

Who said it was "heavy", Addie? I said it was big, as in my 6-quart pot rather than a 4-quart. It might weigh 2 pounds, or less than 10% of what is easy for me to carry up the steps easily. I can carry 25# with no problem, lift at least 40# with ease and do it safely. I doubt you were me a year ago. ;) Besides, Himself would still be looking for the crock pot if I had sent him down last night. :LOL: I'd still have to go down and up the steps, and I will put money on it that he wouldn't carry me up the steps. :LOL:

My apologies. It seems I am apologizing a lot lately to you. I don't carry anything up a flight of stairs. I need both hands to hold onto or climb up the stairs on all four. My legs simply won't lift my body. And right now I don't weigh that much. My muscle mass has been lost over the past nine years due to the wound at the bottom of my leg. :angel:

Well, our second circus has started since the Whitey Bulger trial. The Marathon trial has started. The higher courts have given the final ruling that the trial is to stay right here in Boston. So again, security twice a day will snarl traffic up each day during morning and evening rush hour. I am so glad I am no longer part of the working public. And they are expecting it to last for four months. That means into the hat of summer. Tempers are going to be on the rise around 4:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri. For those folks who drive into Boston, let's hope the judge has the good sense to end the trial each day at 3 p.m. That way the circus will have ended and the prisoner is back in his cell. Or hold the prisoner in the courthouse jail and return him to Ft. Devens only on weekends.

And of course our local news is going to cover it from the time the prisoner puts on his underwear in the morning until he finally closes his eyes at night. Well, CNN here I come.

Why can't these events happen in the middle of Wyoming or Alaska? No one lives in the middle of Wyoming. In fact, I have my doubts that anyone lives in Wyoming. Name me one really well known celebrity that comes from Wyoming. :angel:

Well, our second circus has started since the Whitey Bulger trial. The Marathon trial has started. The higher courts have given the final ruling that the trial is to stay right here in Boston. So again, security twice a day will snarl traffic up each day during morning and evening rush hour. I am so glad I am no longer part of the working public. And they are expecting it to last for four months. That means into the hat of summer. Tempers are going to be on the rise around 4:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri. For those folks who drive into Boston, let's hope the judge has the good sense to end the trial each day at 3 p.m. That way the circus will have ended and the prisoner is back in his cell. Or hold the prisoner in the courthouse jail and return him to Ft. Devens only on weekends.

And of course our local news is going to cover it from the time the prisoner puts on his underwear in the morning until he finally closes his eyes at night. Well, CNN here I come.

Why can't these events happen in the middle of Wyoming or Alaska? No one lives in the middle of Wyoming. In fact, I have my doubts that anyone lives in Wyoming. Name me one really well known celebrity that comes from Wyoming. :angel:

Ward Bond came from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Dick Cheney...

I happen to know mine and Shrek's families live in Wyoming.

............ No one lives in the middle of Wyoming. In fact, I have my doubts that anyone lives in Wyoming. Name me one really well known celebrity that comes from Wyoming. :angel:

Jackson Pollock, (and some of my cousins and friends, while not well known), would be sad to know that no one lives in or comes from Wyoming. :ohmy::LOL:

Ward Bond came from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Dick Cheney...

I happen to know mine and Shrek's families live in Wyoming.

I am sure you know my remark was said in jest. I have ridden twice through Wyoming. I swear, I never saw one person. I did see a lone farmhouse way off in the distance. And I saw a ranch that raised bison. All I could think of was, "how fitting", and I could see in my mind's eye, herds of buffalo roaming over the beautiful hills. The beauty of those hills left quite an impression on me.

And thank you for my lesson in history. :angel:

What highway or road did you pass through on? There's been too many people in Wyoming since at least 1965.

I passed through Wyoming in 1964. I remember the huge blue sky and the pronghorns running and playing. Gorgeous.

What highway or road did you pass through on? There's been too many people in Wyoming since at least 1965.

I know we filled up in Bozeman in Montana and made it to Jackson Hole before filling up again. That was in the mid 80's. Not being a driver, I didn't pay much attention to the gas gauge. I do know we stayed on I90 as much as we could. We knew where that would bring us to. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom