"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #401
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
This may turn into a major vent. Its been a stupid week! Monday night, received a NASTY steam burn on my hand. BAD one. Treated it with cold water, aloe and let it be. Blistered up nicely. I left it alone, although the temptation nearly got me.

Yesterday, horrible migraine (weather related likely) and went home from work. Slept all day, felt better. Went to hug DH when he got home and ripped off the ginormous blister! GROSS! Polysporin but no bandage big enough in the house. LOTS of polysporin. Went to work, found BIG bandage and more polysporin.

Later today, hand aching...some swelling but no redness or heat. Went to doc for meds. He wrapped the crap out of my hand. I could have been a mummy! LOL. Taking antibiotics now, but took off giant bandage and put a big stick on bandaid on it.

Whine! Whimper! My arm hurts! Stupid infection. If this gets worse and messes up my trip I'm going to be über ticked off.
Oh dear, Alix! No advice here, other than keep it wrapped on the plane and buy stock in polysporin!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #402
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Ow, Alix! Take care of that!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #403
Everymom

Thanks guys. Its been a poopy week. I'm going to go hang out with some girls and drink gin and tonic. Alcohol kills germs right?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #404
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Thanks guys. Its been a poopy week. I'm going to go hang out with some girls and drink gin and tonic. Alcohol kills germs right?
Yes, it does! I may get some of that for myself. Since it's Friday, of course I'm starting to feel congested and have a sore throat. Yea weekend!

I just added poopy to the dictionary on my laptop...it kept saying it was misspelled.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #405
Everymom

Hahahaha! You guys always make me feel better! Don't forget the garlic PF. I had garlicky hummus for dinner. Garlic and alcohol will kill anything!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #406
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I had guacamole and chips for dinner...it was plenty garlicky...keeps the vampires away!

Yum...I think I will roast some garlic and make a soup out of it. That should help me enjoy the weekend and keep Shrek and the cats away.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #407
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Oh Alex, what a bummer. (((hugs))) When is your trip? I'm sending healing vibes in your direction.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #408
Sous Chef

Things are heating up at school! Two more students (one non-reader/can't count to 10/runner). Technology that doesn't work all week when I really need it. The topper is that the heat in the building was turned on. My room is right over the boiler room. I've had 3 days of 85 degree temperature in my room WITH 3 large windows wide open & 45-60 degree temps outside and a fan running. I'm told to expect the temp to stay that way all winter. So when I'm at my desk I've got a cold draft at my back but hot 2 feet away. My chapstick in my purse on the floor melted into a soft goo. I went home each night with dried out eyes, a headache, chapped lips and needing my inhaler. Don't know if I'm going to be able to tolerate the heat. Only good thing this week is my supervisor is trying to get me another full time paraprofessional because of my new boy who runs added to the rest of my mix.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #409
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh, no, Cindercat. Sure seems like SpEd staff are treated like second class citizens at times, doesn't it?
Old 11-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #410
Chef Extraordinaire

Hope you are feeling better soon Alix, especially before your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
This may turn into a major vent. Its been a stupid week! Monday night, received a NASTY steam burn on my hand. BAD one. Treated it with cold water, aloe and let it be. Blistered up nicely. I left it alone, although the temptation nearly got me.

Yesterday, horrible migraine (weather related likely) and went home from work. Slept all day, felt better. Went to hug DH when he got home and ripped off the ginormous blister! GROSS! Polysporin but no bandage big enough in the house. LOTS of polysporin. Went to work, found BIG bandage and more polysporin.

Later today, hand aching...some swelling but no redness or heat. Went to doc for meds. He wrapped the crap out of my hand. I could have been a mummy! LOL. Taking antibiotics now, but took off giant bandage and put a big stick on bandaid on it.

Whine! Whimper! My arm hurts! Stupid infection. If this gets worse and messes up my trip I'm going to be über ticked off.