"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #411
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
This may turn into a major vent. Its been a stupid week! Monday night, received a NASTY steam burn on my hand. BAD one. Treated it with cold water, aloe and let it be. Blistered up nicely. I left it alone, although the temptation nearly got me.

Yesterday, horrible migraine (weather related likely) and went home from work. Slept all day, felt better. Went to hug DH when he got home and ripped off the ginormous blister! GROSS! Polysporin but no bandage big enough in the house. LOTS of polysporin. Went to work, found BIG bandage and more polysporin.

Later today, hand aching...some swelling but no redness or heat. Went to doc for meds. He wrapped the crap out of my hand. I could have been a mummy! LOL. Taking antibiotics now, but took off giant bandage and put a big stick on bandaid on it.

Whine! Whimper! My arm hurts! Stupid infection. If this gets worse and messes up my trip I'm going to be über ticked off.
Take care of that hand Alix. How are you going to type to keep in touch with us.

I too had a horrible day yesterday. I went shopping at 7 a.m.. Got a big food order. Got all the food put away, thanks to my son, and then headed for the kitchen. Had baking to do for the Church Fair which was today. I got four mini pumpkin breads made. got hit with a horrendous migraine headache also. continued to work, that was a mistake. Took the out of the oven and went to lay down. When I got up, I discovered I had forgotten to put in the four eggs. I took them out of the disposable pans and started over. Was I going to have enough ingredients to finish all I wanted to do? I tossed out the four yucky ones, washed out the disposable pans and started over again. By this time I had lost about five hours. Well I managed to get all the pumpkin breads made. Eight for the church and two large ones for my daughter. I was exhausted. I got to bed after midnight. I haven't put in a day like that in years. So of course I overslept this morning. I jumped up, got dressed, wrapped the mini loaves and headed out the door. I NEED A CUP OF COFFEE!! I need a shower.

Of course I got held up at the church. How can you say, "Sorry I have to run" when every one there wants to thank you for your donation. Every one has a hug for you. "Oh dear Lord, please let me get out of here. I am downstairs from the Sancuary. Can you hear me?"

I have an appointment with my daughter at 11 a.m. to go get my hair cut. I am taking a break right now. Headed for the shower and out of here once again. Everey one have a great day. The next time you hear from me I will have a bald head. I am gettiing a Pixie cut. Off! I want it all Off!.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #412
Master Chef

Washed one too many dishes this weekend. My psoriasis is acting up, my hands are itchy and burning. This is no fun and I'm all out of gloves!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #413
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Washed one too many dishes this weekend. My psoriasis is acting up, my hands are itchy and burning. This is no fun and I'm all out of gloves!
(((Hugs)))
Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #414
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I am with you on that one Snip. With all the stress I have been under, I have had a major outbreak. I was in remission, and the day I got the news about my daughter, my body reacted. Fortunately I am able to use Taclonex. It cost $503 a tube. My medical plan pays for it. I get two tubes a month.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #415
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Borage or grapeseed oil is good for that, rub it in.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #416
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
(((Hugs)))
Thank you

Old 11-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #417
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am with you on that one Snip. With all the stress I have been under, I have had a major outbreak. I was in remission, and the day I got the news about my daughter, my body reacted. Fortunately I am able to use Taclonex. It cost $503 a tube. My medical plan pays for it. I get two tubes a month.
Psoriasis is an expensive hobby can't afford the meds for it. My hands are the worst at the moment. Bleeding in the cracks. Stress seems to be my biggest trigger but working with bleach and strong chemicals doesn't help Just wish people would stop asking me if it's contageous! As you will know, it's not I'll get gloves again but they're out of stock. Latex gloves give me itchy blisters, I'll wait till they have my trusty yellow cotton lined variety
Gosh I am a mess

Old 11-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #418
Chef Extraordinaire

I see ads on TV all the time for Humera. The ad ends with "Most patients go into remission." And that is all it does. But when you stop taking the injections, the psoriasis comes backwith a vengence. There still is no cure for it. Everytime a doctor or medical person tries to tell me what to do for it, I remind them that I have had psoriasis long than they have been on this planet. There are medicines and other oils and ointments that help keep it under control.

https://www.psoriasis.org/

I have been reading and always look for the latest information from this site. It has been really helpful. They are always up to date with the latest trials. I have participated in two that made it and passed the field trials.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #419
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Psoriasis is an expensive hobby can't afford the meds for it. My hands are the worst at the moment. Bleeding in the cracks. Stress seems to be my biggest trigger but working with bleach and strong chemicals doesn't help Just wish people would stop asking me if it's contageous! As you will know, it's not I'll get gloves again but they're out of stock. Latex gloves give me itchy blisters, I'll wait till they have my trusty yellow cotton lined variety
Gosh I am a mess
When someone insist on being really nosey about it, I just tell them I have leprosy. That shuts them up. I love seeing their reaction. I used to try to keep it covered. No more. Come warm weather I wear tank tops. The sun is really helpful in the summer.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #420
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I see ads on TV all the time for Humera. The ad ends with "Most patients go into remission." And that is all it does. But when you stop taking the injections, the psoriasis comes backwith a vengence. There still is no cure for it. Everytime a doctor or medical person tries to tell me what to do for it, I remind them that I have had psoriasis long than they have been on this planet. There are medicines and other oils and ointments that help keep it under control.

https://www.psoriasis.org/

I have been reading and always look for the latest information from this site. It has been really helpful. They are always up to date with the latest trials. I have participated in two that made it and passed the field trials.
I've been given anti fungal creams, meds for ringworm and enough cortisone to supply a 3rd world country I got the right meds for the first time about 5 yrs ago. Dr's hate being wrong So far the only thing that has genuinly helped me is Silver mineral supplement. I must get some again. There is no cure but the silver kept it away for months without nasty side effects.